Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: POP Up Tent

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: POP Up Tent

Quote Originally Posted by Troy@DetailCity View Post
    Actually they are. Their more expensive tents are built to last but they are also quite a bit heavier do to the sturdier structure and stronger materials used. I`ve had lots of tents and the EZ-UP was the best made tent. I just didn`t like how heavy it was.
    the all aluminum are light but very expensive ...I`ve had about four different brands of tents and the quality EZ-UP just work better, last longer and stand straighter ... the more you use tents you understand why quality matters ... for a once in a while use.. buy a cheap one and consider it disposable
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, you can call me skeptical but at almost $700 for a 10x10 Express I throw out a challenge to anyone to show me conclusively that the materials are x-times superior to models priced considerably less. To make it easier for a side by side comparison, the material used for the canopy itself would be an easy start.

You don`t always get proportionately better return per dollar spent. And from what I can surmise simply by reading on the site, the EZ-UP might just be one of those products.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clean View Post
    Well, you can call me skeptical but at almost $700 for a 10x10 Express I throw out a challenge to anyone to show me conclusively that the materials are x-times superior to models priced considerably less. To make it easier for a side by side comparison, the material used for the canopy itself would be an easy start.

You don`t always get proportionately better return per dollar spent. And from what I can surmise simply by reading on the site, the EZ-UP might just be one of those products.
    i have seen the $700 all aluminum and it was light and really well built ..would i buy it no ... I get the $200 Express II at BJ`s and they last years even under some harsh conditions ... heat, wind, rain etc .. they don`t weigh that much more than the aluminum and even a fat old man can move them

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Poorboy View Post
    i have seen the $700 all aluminum and it was light and really well built ..would i buy it no ... I get the $200 Express II at BJ`s and they last years even under some harsh conditions ... heat, wind, rain etc .. they don`t weigh that much more than the aluminum and even a fat old man can move them
    Mine hasn`t really been subjected to any rain (I have rinsed the canopy several times), but wind and heat...oh yeah the heat. Not only when it`s "up" but the heat sitting in the garage. Of course it is just over a year old.

I`ve looked at numerous canopies (owned by by vendors and entrants) at different car shows over the years, and speaking specifically about the canopy I just don`t see a major upgrade from the EZ-UPs. Whether it is the sewing or the denier of the material, for me it is not readiliy identifiable. Even when I queried the owners, none were quick to say anything even remotely resembling "yeah, it`s the greatest".

$200 isn`t that bad if it indeeds outlasts by more than twice as long as a lesser priced model. Which was what I was getting to speaking of ROI. Of course you won`t find a unit priced that low on the the EZ-UP site.

Don`t you mean a mature, well experienced man?

Post Thanks / Like

How do you guys hold them down on paved or concreate ground? I Would not want the wind to take it into the car.

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

First, I don`t personally have any experience with the canopies, but not knowing what I was talking about has never stopped me.
    We go to the local Farmer`s Markets occasionally and the E-Z Up brand is used by far the most. Probably over 90% of the canopies there are E-Z Up. The Des Moines Farmer`s Market has about 200 vendors and some of them have more than one canopy. That`s a lot of E-Z Ups.
    These people use them several times a week and their preference for them would influence me in my choice.

Charles

a.k.a. Troy@DetailCity Troy@Protekt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cheapshot View Post
    How do you guys hold them down on paved or concreate ground? I Would not want the wind to take it into the car.
    I fill my wash buckets and strap two of the legs to them. On a real windy day I choose to go without a tent.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cheapshot View Post
    Sandbags on legs and if possible, outrigger stakes with rope to tie it down, but mostly sandbags. Some bags have lead shot as well..
    Deanski
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)
    What`s in YOUR garage? 997 Carrera S.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought weights made specifically for the purpose of "anchoring" the legs of the canopy when I bought the pop-up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy@DetailCity View Post
    ... On a real windy day I choose to go without a tent.
    As do I. One less thing to worry about.

Post Thanks / Like

i saw the best hold down from a competitor a while back .. he has 50 lb flat weights (weight lifting) and has a bolt and washer that runs through it ... I`ve never seen his tent move in any weather for over 15 years ... I guess it works

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information