Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: help with polish choice?

You can not go wrong with Menzerna I love the stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, first time posting. Is what you said true even when using a PC? I ask because I have been getting some dusting using my PC. I guess I`m overworking it then.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    M105 can dust a little if you over work. M105 works quickly -- just a few passes depending on polish amount and area. It seems to finish nicely if you just stop just before it seems to dry up.

Post Thanks / Like

You just have to try a few to see what you like. I notice that the more aggressive polishes chalk up at times but when I use my finishing polishes they don`t dust and seem to go much further.

"Luck" Residue of design tuscarora dave's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cheapshot View Post
    I have always like flat pads, although I had a beveled soft finishing pad that i used till death.

ok this maybe a little off topic, but not really it`s still polish.

Has anyone used the new PB`s SSR2 and SSR1?

do they compare to menzerna PO106FA, or 85RD?

I have noticed that weird things are happening, or manufactures are getting board. Megs fray from there diminishing abrasives with the 105, 205 combo, PB`s goes nano or micro. whats the scoop?

I think I`m going to pick up some PB"s do a few cars, then pick up the flex and some menzerna. What do you guys think?
    I have used the new SSR 1 and feel that it is a really nice polish to work with. The stuff will work longer than most polishes that I have tried and the outcome is very very shiney. It has a decent smell too.

a.k.a. Troy@DetailCity Troy@Protekt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by illuminati View Post
    Hi, first time posting. Is what you said true even when using a PC? I ask because I have been getting some dusting using my PC. I guess I`m overworking it then.
    Welcome to DC.

A lot of dusting? If so you might be using too much or trying to do too big of an area.

You buff 105 and 205 pretty much the same as you do any other polish. What`s so nice about them though is they cut the same throughout the step. Most polishes do their cutting in the first couple of passes the rest of the step is spent breaking down the polish.

This makes these polishes not only extremely effective but also very user friendly.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the tips Troy. I have a few other questions.

1. What is a good rule of thumb for using M105?
    2. Can I reduce the cutting power of M105 with a non-cutting foam pad? Like a L.C. gray finishing pad.
    3. What polishes do you prefer to use?

That last 2 questions I ask is because I really want to keep the types of polishes I`ll be using to a minimum. I`d like to have my, "bread and butter" polishes so to speak.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy@DetailCity View Post
    Welcome to DC.

A lot of dusting? If so you might be using too much or trying to do too big of an area.

You buff 105 and 205 pretty much the same as you do any other polish. What`s so nice about them though is they cut the same throughout the step. Most polishes do their cutting in the first couple of passes the rest of the step is spent breaking down the polish.

This makes these polishes not only extremely effective but also very user friendly.

a.k.a. Troy@DetailCity Troy@Protekt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by illuminati View Post
    1. What is a good rule of thumb for using M105?
    You follow the same rules as any other polish however you`re not having to break down the polish so your buffing time will be less in most cases.

2. Can I reduce the cutting power of M105 with a non-cutting foam pad? Like a L.C. gray finishing pad.
    Yes. Pad selection plays a definite part in how much cutting power a product has along with speed and pressure.

3. What polishes do you prefer to use?
    I`ll assume you are talking about finishing polishes. I have not tried a whole lot of different polishes. Having said that I am very happy with Four Star Ultimate Final Polish Spray and also Poorboy`s Polish. If I weren`t I`m sure I could find many other good choices. Meguiar`s Speed Glaze (#80) is another good one I have tried.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information