Post Thanks / Like

Turn your Porter Cable into a carpet scrubber

Today I detailed a minivan. For me, the hardest part about detailing minivans is...... well just about everything is difficult, but scrubbing all that carpet in the van is probably the worst...

Last summer when I was placing an order with Dwayne, I impulsively bought one of these brushes that screws onto the PC. Never used the thing - until today...

What a timesaver! This brush is awesome! I cranked the PC up to 5 and let it do all the scrubbing for me. It penetrates deep and the results are better than I could do by hand...

Only $13.95 - and well worth it!

Onthespot

(p.s. If anyone buys one of these - I would strongly suggest that you remove the counterweight from your PC when using... If the counterweight is kept in place - the vibration is very noticeable, and will most likely lead to problems later with your PC and with arthritis in your hands...)
    "I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself."

Post Thanks / Like
    My girlfriend got me one for Christmas, I love it.

Never thought about removing the counter weight, Thanks for the tip!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have seen these and always wondered if they were any good. I guess I will add it to the list of other things I`d like to buy.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought about buying...

I would think the fiction create by the carpet against the brush may eventually burn-out the motor ??? That is the only reason why I was hesitant to try it out. Shampooing a carpet will create much more resistance on the machine than polishing a smooth surface.

What do you think ???
    No buff to tuff

Post Thanks / Like
    Clean Dean,

I never thought about that; However, given that it`s a Porter Cable that we`re using - and these PCs are also used for grinding and sanding (lotsa friction there), I`m praying that it won`t be a problem in the future. At any rate, I`ll keep an eye on the machine - and you can bet I`ll post in the forums if any problems develop...

Onthespot
    "I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself."

Post Thanks / Like
    Control fricton by moderating downward pressure. If you load a sander, polisher or anything else down it will burn out the motor just as well. The shampoo should lower friction unless you let it dry. I would use a water sprayer to keep a little bit of moisture going to keep it from getting thick and viscous.
    Ask a question, be a fool for a minute. Don`t ask a question, be a fool forever.
    -Chinese Proverb

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought one of these with my recent order from Dwayne too. I took it with me today just in case the Lincoln Navigator I was cleaning would need the extra effort. Well it turned out is did require some additional scrubbing power, but I didn`t try the PC Carpet brush, instead I used a Black and Decker Power Scrubber that plugs into the AUX. and it is much more portable in size and got into the little nooks and crannies more so than the PC might. Also, it comes with 3 different brushes for cleaning. The little B&D scrubber really did a nice job using a spray foam cleaner. The only problem I see with this and possibly would be the same with the PC is they tend to travel all around and really need to be held with a firm grip. Aside from that I will try the PC Carpet Brush on My own Chevy van soon too much carpet to do by hand scrubbing and report back. Either way I think it`s a good investment if you can`t lug around a steam cleaner.

Just my 2 cents.
    The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of low price.

Thread Information