Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

CarBrite/EagleOne or korkay Products

I was wondering if any of you guys would be interested in me reviewing some Car Brite, Eagle One or Korkay products. My suppliers let me try them so tell me a specific product or two you are interested in and I will order it and review it, but it will be limited to 2 or 3 products at a time.

I`ve used a few already so they may have a quicker response/review than usual.
    Last edited by Troy@Protekt; 03-11-2009 at 05:45 PM. Reason: removed links to competitors websites. They do not belong here.

a.k.a. Troy@DetailCity Troy@Protekt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: CarBrite/EagleOne or korkay Products

This thread has sparked some contraversy but I am letting it live. If I feel it is being used to promote these products I will be forced to remove it.

* Please note that having threads like this does open the door for shilling to occur. they may get away with it at times but rest assured if I find out with certainty that shilling is occuring I will expose it and that will hurt the company(s) involved.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanx Troy.

Post Thanks / Like

Well how about I start by asking if there was anything that you have tried that you thought was exceptionally good or extremely bad.

Post Thanks / Like

carbrite {blue magic }. is a nice all purpose cleaner . strong though. would nt recommend it all the time on your own dash as it contains solvents and is high alkaline. but good cleaner for nasty interiors.

Post Thanks / Like

CarBrite White Lightning is the WORST, it took my breath away because of the fumes, and it removed the clearcoat on my wheels

The CarBrite aerosol glass cleaner is ok on chrome trim, but leaves a film on the windows.

the BlackPearl line of compounds and polishes are very easy to use, and have pleasent scents (dont use them if you`re hungry)

CarBrite`s Inside Out detailer aerosol dressing is great to use on doorsils and plastic lower portions of the interior that get dirty easily because it protects them

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trhland View Post
    carbrite {blue magic }. is a nice all purpose cleaner . strong though. would nt recommend it all the time on your own dash as it contains solvents and is high alkaline. but good cleaner for nasty interiors.
    thanx i almost forgot about that 1, its great if you dont get it on glass and not notice it, i use that mostly on the front door panels, cup holders and engine bays

Post Thanks / Like

i used to use a lot of these high volume detailing products. carbrite/pro/glipetone/automagic. ect because i thught they must be the best because auto dealerships use them !! but to find out this is not true they are really not highend at all . and contain strong chemicals . in fact after useing blue magic every week on my dash it took off the dye. so now i use a/g stuff pinnacle d/p swissvax ect. there much better and are fine to use all the time ..and i keep the carbrite and other high volume brands to the dealerships.

Post Thanks / Like

I work at a dealership, thats why I use them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ScionDave View Post
    I work at a dealership, thats why I use them.
    there fine for that . they are definitly cost affective.
    and if i detailed for a living i would use some of there stuff for sure. heck right now im useing pinnacles body work shampoo. cost me 70 bucks for a gallon. i wouldnt use this on custamer cars thats for sure..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trhland View Post
    I think you mean Blue Max? Very strong degreaser. Unless you`re cutting it 10 to 1, you`re asking for problems on trim with repeated use over time. I`ve tried a bunch of bulk APCs and didn`t care too much for Carbrite`s offerings.

ScionDave - try out some Laser Brite polish. Great 1-stepper.

Post Thanks / Like

sounds good what others have u tried?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani View Post
    I think you mean Blue Max? Very strong degreaser. Unless you`re cutting it 10 to 1, you`re asking for problems on trim with repeated use over time. I`ve tried a bunch of bulk APCs and didn`t care too much for Carbrite`s offerings.

ScionDave - try out some Laser Brite polish. Great 1-stepper.
    blue max yes . my bad..

Post Thanks / Like

I have used Carbrite Sheen on the fender wells and under hood plastic on my show car for the last 4 years.
    I use it NOT because it is cheap because it is not but it does perform better than anything that I have tried so until I find something better I will use it.

Formerly TexasTB Tex Star Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I had used Car Brite for a while. I was/am not a big fan of ANY of the polishes. Just didn`t seem to work well with me. I do like some of their dressings and cleaners. For tires, I liked Purple Dressing. Was a high gloss dressing that looked nice after applied and then wiped down. Another was Super Dress It All, which reminded me of Megs Hyper Dressing. (a little)

I have some Wire Wheel Cleaner, which I have used 3 times out of 3.5 years. It works, but is very dangerous. It contains Hydroflouric acid, which can do serious harm to your health. Another wheel cleaner was Mag Wheel NA, which could be used on a variety of wheels.

Tried some of the soaps, and they were ranging from good to "why did I buy this".
    Tried their glass cleaner and is was ok, along with various APC`s, Degreasers, and such.

Overall, I gave the products a 7 out of 10. They have many products and you have to find the one that works best for you.
    If I recall, they do not sell to the general public. You have to be in business, as a distributor comes around in their box truck and delivers.
    "In the business world, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windshield."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information