Thread: Bug Protection?

Post Thanks / Like

Bug Protection?

As Love Bug season approaches here in FLA, I`m thinking of using the occasion to help market my business...but having a little confusion.

Are there any truly durable products that can "protect" a car from bug splatter. The only thing I`m finding advertised is Diamondite`s "Bug Blocker." But they recommend it be removed and re-applied every 24 hours. I don`t forsee convincing too many people to pay me for THAT service. My wife said that Wal Mart is advertising some sort of coating they can apply to protect against buggy guts. I`m suspicious that it may just be an application of polymer wax.

Anyone know of any real product that will protect for any real length of time? Otherwise, I think I`ll just gear up for a package deal for weekly wash and dries that include a re-application of polymer wax each time.

Love and Kisses from Polk County, FLA.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bug Protection?

I am having very good luck with Collinite 845. I reapply it to the leading edges about every other wash.

For cleaning, I can`t do without Poorboy`s Bug Squash. I cannot tell you how good a product this stuff is.
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

IOWA BOY
    Post Thanks / Like

A couple comments: BUG SQUASH IS AN AWESOME PRODUCT! So much better than my previous product I was using. Walmart will NOT apply product to vehichles of this sort of nature, (this I am 99% sure of), they may handle so called product but wont have the TLE guys apply it. Just have plenty of Bug Squash, microfiber towels, clay bars and lube, along with sealant or wax for the paint protection. Bugs up here clean off a lot easierfrom a recently sealed or waxed surface.

Post Thanks / Like

We don`t get the Love Bugs here in Utah, I think it`s more of a Southern thing. We do however go through periods of unbelievable mosquitoes in my particular area. Sometimes a 15 mile drive in the evening and it can change the color of your car. Just about nothing any nastier to get off than mosquitoes once they`ve dried on. The only thing I`ve found to combat the little buggers are frequent coats of a carnauba wax and using Bug Squash to get them off. When they`re on the top of sealant it`s much harder to get their carcasses off. One more reason I`m a carnauba guy. Bug Squash is a great product.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Well, this was kind of what I figured. I guess if there were some miracle product that armored the front end of the car, we`d have all heard about it. So I`m off to order my BUG SQUASH. By the way....any opinions on how a Teflon wax might stand up verses carnuba or sealant?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOmega View Post
    Well, this was kind of what I figured. I guess if there were some miracle product that armored the front end of the car, we`d have all heard about it. So I`m off to order my BUG SQUASH. By the way....any opinions on how a Teflon wax might stand up verses carnuba or sealant?
    Teflon is a marketing gimmick as far as wax goes, so I`ll make a bold statement and say it won`t do any better than any other off the counter wax.

Keep in mind Bug Squash is only a cleaner and will not keep bugs from sticking to the leading edges of the vehicle.
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Post Thanks / Like

I am not sure there is a product that will stop bugs from sticking to your paint as I believe they have adapted through the years and no actually have a chemical in them that removes the wax from your car.

Now for me like others have said, PB`s Bug Squash works wonders to take it off...Keep the car clean and with some type of lsp on it, this should make the surface slicker causing less to stick...
    I like beer. On occasion I will even drink a beer to celebrate a major event such as the fall of communism or the fact that our refrigerator is still working.

Stephan`s Detailing
    Portland CT.

XBox Live - mr detailer

Post Thanks / Like

clear bra seems like the solution ..
    back in buisness baby

Thread Information