Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Amazing roll off?

Have any of you used this? I stopped at a Marine supply shop (Boating) and picked some up. Lots of folks have mentioned it in other places.

On a good note this place also had the 303 Upholstery cleaner/Spot remover, the 303 Fabric guard and the 303 Aerospace! I don`t have to order any of those online anymore!

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Amazing roll off?

I haven`t used it, but I`ve read some good reviews here on DC.

I`m guessing you are referring to West Marine. We have several in the area. It`s where I purchase 303, but the last time I was in they were not carrying ARO. I`ll have to stop in again and pick up a bottle.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clean View Post
    I haven`t used it, but I`ve read some good reviews here on DC.

I`m guessing you are referring to West Marine. We have several in the area. It`s where I purchase 303, but the last time I was in they were not carrying ARO. I`ll have to stop in again and pick up a bottle.
    Yeah I wanted to get ARO in a gallon but they just had 32oz sizes. They didn`t show a gallon on the catalog but I`m sure they could get it.

You are right, West Marine. They have Plexus, 303 and ARO! They even had CorrosionX (the makers of RejeX). I was hoping to get some RejeX to try.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve not used it but would like to one day....the reason I posted on this thread. Is if you look around there are plenty of places that you can get detail supplies in your area....one that I like to visit is janitorial supply houses...look them up in your area...some real finds in those!
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mindflux View Post
    ...They have Plexus, ...
    Yeah, I forgot about that. I may have picked some up there as well. They also used to have the multi-step Meguiar`s plastic care line as well. Again, it has been a while since I`ve wandered in one. The last time I went in, they didn`t have what I was wanting, but I can`t remember now what that was.

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

How about some of you ARO users giving us some comparisons with other APCs you have used.

I have a couple of gallons that I use occasionally, but to me, it`s just another APC.
    Good, but nothing exceptional.

There again, I don`t usually have really tough areas to clean and Meguiar`s APC and Poorboy`s APC seem to work every bit as good.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

CharlesW, for some reason my memory had you as a proponent of ARO. Has your opinion changed, or are you just looking for other POVs? Or, is my memory just as bad as I thought

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

CharlesW, for some reason my memory had you as a proponent of ARO. Has your opinion changed, or are you just looking for other POVs? Or, is my memory just as bad as I thought
    My main uses for ARO were engine clean ups and it did a decent job, but nowhere as good a job as what another member did with PB`s APC by just spraying and rinsing. I haven`t used the PB`s APC for that yet so I can`t compare from actual experience.
    I still think the ARO is a good product, just nothing special.

A little thread hi-jack, but Meguiar`s old APC+ which is the current Meguiar`s APC, would be my favorite.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

CharlesW, I don`t recall the PB engine clean thread. Do you recall what ratio (PB/water) was used. I`ve used PB`s APC mainly at 1:4 (APC/water) for cleaning tires. That ratio is OK for my personal vehicles, but not on something really dirty. I have a problem getting too excited about APCs. IMO there isn`t too much room for subjectivity, either a cleaner works or it doesn`t. In those cases you go for price/availability and safety/environmental impact issues.

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

CharlesW, I don`t recall the PB engine clean thread. Do you recall what ratio (PB/water) was used. I`ve used PB`s APC mainly at 1:4 (APC/water) for cleaning tires. That ratio is OK for my personal vehicles, but not on something really dirty. I have a problem getting too excited about APCs. IMO there isn`t too much room for subjectivity, either a cleaner works or it doesn`t. In those cases you go for price/availability and safety/environmental impact issues.
    Here`s a link to the thread.
    http://www.detailcity.org/forums/det...t=Amazing+Roll

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

I have used ARO and it is decent stuff. Now I was hoping for a dedicated tire cleaner where `dirt pours out of the tire` as I thought I heard about ARO but on that aspect it wasn`t too impressive. I was expecting it to clean tires like the Westleys Bleche white but not be as damaging, but it fell up a little short, cleaning wise. Granted it still worked well. I`ve also used it on wheels -- just don`t use it on aluminum, it`ll stain. I agree with Charles, it`s just another APC, IMO.
    "Whether you think you can or think you can`t - you are right " -Henry Ford

Post Thanks / Like

for the link CharlesW

Post Thanks / Like

So what else is it good for? Engine degreasing and Tires? Wheel wells? Does it dress anything up too?

Post Thanks / Like

Amazing roll off is, well, amazing! You can even dilute it, however, I heard from someone that when you dilute it it works great, but not so much after stored. I use it for the wheel wells and tires. I have also used it on some tough grime that I couldn`t remove with soap. The ARO took it right off.

2015 Nissan Pathfinder, Platinum
    2012 Fiat 500 Sport
    2010 Mazda CX-7 iSport
    2000 Nissan Frontier XE

"Life`ll Kill Ya" - Warren Zevon

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve been using it alot lately, but haven`t used it on my vehicle yet. I have a rental house that the tenants after 2.5 years ended up turning into drug addicts and trashing the place. It literally looked like a heroin den you see on TV, and EVERYTHING was brown and sticky/nasty.

I had to scrub and paint everything. The a/c vents were spotted and brown from the nicotine, and the ARO virtually melted it away. The appliances and cabinets were also cleaned with ARO and was much more effective than the Charlie`s Soap APC I also tried to use.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information