Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Spray wax/sealants, wipe on, walk away sealants?

I didn`t care for Zaino`s CS either. I used it last fall. It could very well be an old formula but with Zaino how would you know? Every time I read about them or pick up a product it says new and improved. I`m all for a company not resting on its success but they change formulas more often than Troy changes his underwear. OS was better but neither product made me want to change my old ways. I prefer the more traditional on and off method.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eliot Ness View Post

(begin rant) The one thing that irks me about Zaino is the "improved" CS. It doesn`t say anything on their website about being improved. Was there a secret e-mail chain notification of an improved version? Am I supposed to e-mail or call Sal once a month and ask if anything has been improved? I don`t think it is too much to ask that they note on the website that the product has been improved and in what ways. (end rant)
    +1 I agree. If they are going to do that, the bottles need to be marked with a version number and the website should have a chart that shows the versions and their respective dates. I think you should "know" what you are getting when you purchase a product. I applaud Z for trying to improve their products, as all manufacturers should, but they should inform their customers more. I`m sure they are trying to avoid the cost of people wanting to return their old version for the new.

This isn`t to start an argument, so don`t take it that way.

I love how when someone says that they liked another product better than Z, the Z fans automatically say "you must have the old version. It`s improved now." Maybe people just like another product better. I won`t get into a debate about this, so don`t waste your time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eliot Ness View Post

(begin rant) The one thing that irks me about Zaino is the "improved" CS. It doesn`t say anything on their website about being improved. Was there a secret e-mail chain notification of an improved version? Am I supposed to e-mail or call Sal once a month and ask if anything has been improved? I don`t think it is too much to ask that they note on the website that the product has been improved and in what ways. (end rant)

Shrug. He tweaks all of his products at his discretion. I`m sure that Z2 and Z5 have had minors tweaks since they went to the "Pro" version already.

I guess it doesn`t bother me because I never used the first edition that some folks didn`t like.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    I`ve used the Original Edition and Pro Edition. Still can`t justify the expense. I`ve never been able to get the same 208 applications per bottle that some seem to be able to get. It`s not a bad product.
    It`s not for everyone. It`s my goto product when I want to lay down some protection on a car though. I guess I`ve just gotten into the habit of grabbing for those bottles.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mindflux View Post
    I guess I`ve just gotten into the habit of grabbing for those bottles.
    I guess I`ve just gotten into the habit of grabbing for those LITTLE bottles.

There, fixed that for ya.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    I guess I`ve just gotten into the habit of grabbing for those LITTLE bottles.

There, fixed that for ya.
    HAH. Well a little goes a long way. I can do 2+ coats of Z2 or Z5 on half an ounce.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mindflux View Post
    HAH. Well a little goes a long way. I can do 2+ coats of Z2 or Z5 on half an ounce.

I know, I keep hearing that and that`s exactly what Sal says: "Enough for 16 vehicles". I`m just a real slopper, I can`t even get my applicator wet with 1/2 oz.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

I have and use Opti Seal. I think it leaves a very nice but somewhat sterile finish. The next day I use Optimum Wax or Aqua Wax to add bling and reflection. The difference between the look with and without the spray ons is obvious, at least to me. I have tried it in reverse using one of the two spray ons first, with cure time, then the Opti Seal. It just doesn`t look as good to my eyes.

Post Thanks / Like

i wish the wowa products were a little easier to see when applying. that might help reduce the over application.
    maybe in the future they will be come common and less streaky when over applying.
    anyone know of any future developments in wowa sealants? new brands?
    1991 NSX Blk/Blk
    2005 Civic Si
    2003 Xterra SC < Sold!
    2006 NBP EXP Honda Element AWD

Weekend Warrior RyansAutoDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

well for the budget oriented person you can get good results from a spray wax, depending on the directions on the bottle you can either dry the car entirely or leave it 90% dried off with some water left on the surface when you buff the wax into the paint surface and then dry buff off with the other side of the MF towel ...

it is still preferred that an older paint condition be polished prior to LSP but when i use a spray wax I still use a MF applicator just to ensure even distribution and I can wax a car much much faster than using a paste wax by machine which i dont have or by hand if its suitable to do so.

I use the following techniques

1- wax as you dry method: dry car 90%, spray wax, dry remaining 10% with MF towel and buff as you would to remove wax, easiest, but only in time constrained situations

2- dry 95%, using a QD & SW at a ratio of 2 or 3 parts spray wax to 1 part QD mists per panel, buff with one side of towel, dry buff with the other side off, gets good results .

3- longest method, spray wax only when the paint does not need a QD and is in prestine condition, using a MF pad applicator, I mist a few sprays on the paint per section and one spray to prime the pad and rub in and agitate the pad to cover the whole paint to a haze as a normal wax would be shown, then buff entire car off with a clean MF towel .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information