...Dreaming on an E92.... LikeaRock's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

My quicky review of System One`s X3 polish

I was just about out of my usual Presta Ultra Cutting Creme Light so I ran to my local supplier to pick up more. I got a hankerin` to try something new and was directed towards System One. I`ve heard tons and tons of great things about it but had yet to see it work and try it myself, so I figured What the heck?

Today`s vehicle couldn`t have been more perfect to try it- A horribly water-spotted black Audi S4. First off I tried tackling them with a small bead of S1 and a green Edge wave pad, at 1600 rpm`s. What did it do? Barely anything, but again these were outrageous spots. I then stepped it up to a blended wool Green Edge pad anywhere from 16-1800 RPM`s, it took a couple good passes on each panel to remove the spots but it did a pretty good job. I then switched back to the green Wave pad and was amazed at how quickly the product worked. The finish had a great gloss and although I didn`t have sufficient lighting to check (we had overcast/slight rain today) I assumed there was swirls, so I followed up with another pass via flat blue Edge pad at 1200 RPM`s. The result was a flawless finish that has a great gloss and no swirl marks left behind And the final pass with the blue pad didn`t take long at all, it finished off great. The black paint had a very glossy, reflective finish.

I did get a tremendous amount of dusting when I first started, but I assume that was user-error. It seems like a little product goes quite a ways with this polish, and as I started using less dust became minimal. I didn`t really look over the car for scratches before I started as I knew they were there, but the finish appeared to be fairly flawless compared to what I started with The product also didn`t gunk up on the surface while working and never really dried out.

Overall, I`d give it a good solid A. Since I`ve only used it the one time I can`t say what it`s true cutting capabilities are, but I`m pretty happy with it. And it`s something else being able to use the same product to remove major imperfections andfinish off with it as well
    "Lifes too short to live in caution"

...Dreaming on an E92.... LikeaRock's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: My quicky review of System One`s X3 polish

Well today I went back to finish off the car (Had a crazy morning and didn`t start on the car till after 12 or so), so this morning I returned to slap the wax on and do the interior. I have to say, I really am impressed with System One! It`s crazy thinking that I used the same single product for each step. I really wish I could find my camera, this stuff really does do a great job! It was like $40/qt and well worth it IMHO
    "Lifes too short to live in caution"

Thread Information