Thread: Polycharger

Post Thanks / Like

Polycharger

So how many of you have tried the polycharger system in any wax, spray or detailer sealant, or tire dressing yet?

If you have or have not, what are your thoughts?

I`ve experimented with Meguiars Tech wax and Speed detailer, FK 425, DG#951, KSG.

I have not noticed much difference in the NXT as it normally lasts in between 2-4 weeks anyway (cars get washed weekly when possible and more than once if the pollen gets bad daily), but I have noticed a difference in the spray products. DG #952(AW) was the big shocker as I sprayed 2 coats on for coverage and the beading was great for 4 weeks on the 5th week there was still protection but not as good as the prior weeks. I`m going to try and get pictures after I try this again in a couple of days.

The spray detailers also seemed slicker as well. I plan on trying it with my PB products so Steve watch out for my PM`s.

I seriously want to know what products my fellow DC`ers have tried this with though as I am looking to amp up protection on my tires and not have a scrubbing battle each time I get ready to clean my tires.

I plan on trying BnB, Opti-tire with polycharger, and 303 (all can be purchased from DC or AG).

This topic sparked my interest after I discoved that I could not get the product from AG any more. I tried DC first as it had been a year since I purchased the kit.

Please give your honest opinions.

Flo

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Polycharger

I use Jeff`s Werkstatt Acrylic Jett which I love put can be difficult to buff off similar to Klasse Sealant Glaze. When I mix a dose of Polycharger in with Acrylic Jett, removal is effortless and the durability improves.

You may want to contact the Polycharger and ask about Polycharging Bold and Black, Opti-tire and 303. Since those are not LSP`s I am not sure how they would react to those products.

Post Thanks / Like

I`m actually really pleased with it. I have used it with a couple products and it has always brought a smile to my lips. When used with Meguiar`s #20 on a black Subaru the owner reported three days of zero dust on his car before that little magic wore off. That is great if you use this the day before an outdoor show and want to avoid dust. I`ve been using it in Four Star Spray Wax and it looks outstanding on my grey corolla and silver Pilot. I just used it in Danase Paint Sealant on a white Escalade last weekend and I would have swore it had three coats of UPP on it when I was done. It is a fantastic additive to any paint product I`ve used it in, but I haven`t branched out to try it in other products yet.
    Keeping Texas clean one car at a time!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    I use Jeff`s Werkstatt Acrylic Jett which I love put can be difficult to buff off similar to Klasse Sealant Glaze. When I mix a dose of Polycharger in with Acrylic Jett, removal is effortless and the durability improves.

You may want to contact the Polycharger and ask about Polycharging Bold and Black, Opti-tire and 303. Since those are not LSP`s I am not sure how they would react to those products.
    Iwent to their website but was unable to find a customer service link. Maybe they only like dealing with distributors?

I definitely would like to know if I can use it in my tire dressing of choosing, as well as the limitations and best known product that his works with.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Jngrbrdman View Post
    I`m actually really pleased with it. I have used it with a couple products and it has always brought a smile to my lips. When used with Meguiar`s #20 on a black Subaru the owner reported three days of zero dust on his car before that little magic wore off. That is great if you use this the day before an outdoor show and want to avoid dust. I`ve been using it in Four Star Spray Wax and it looks outstanding on my grey corolla and silver Pilot. I just used it in Danase Paint Sealant on a white Escalade last weekend and I would have swore it had three coats of UPP on it when I was done. It is a fantastic additive to any paint product I`ve used it in, but I haven`t branched out to try it in other products yet.

This is one of the reasons I am interested in this product as it also seems to reduce the amount of static electricity generated by the rubbing and driving of the vehicle. A frictionless surface would help make the vehicle more gas efficient. (Nascar)

Plus I HATE POLLEN SEASON and want a way to combate this sticky mess.

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t think anything is going to help keep pollen from getting on the car. The fact is that anything left outside is going to get dusty. All I notice from Polycharged products is that at least the car isn`t going out of its way to attract the dust. The car still gets dusty, but no more than any other car left outside. If you want to combat pollen then you need to invest in a car cover. That`s what they are for.
    Keeping Texas clean one car at a time!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jngrbrdman View Post
    If you want to combat pollen then you need to invest in a car cover. That`s what they are for.

Agreed...or start cutting down alot of trees...which is what I have started doing...
    I like beer. On occasion I will even drink a beer to celebrate a major event such as the fall of communism or the fact that our refrigerator is still working.

Stephan`s Detailing
    Portland CT.

XBox Live - mr detailer

Post Thanks / Like

I have used it in the following products and find it improves the look and durability in all of them.

1. Megs #21
    2. UPP (makes it super slick...like thats even possible with the way UPP was. I swear you could literally blow off the PC`d UPP after it hazed)
    3. FMJ
    4. Mothers Reflections Spray Wax

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MagicCity33 View Post
    Iwent to their website but was unable to find a customer service link. Maybe they only like dealing with distributors?

I definitely would like to know if I can use it in my tire dressing of choosing, as well as the limitations and best known product that his works with.
    As long as you use the correct PolyCharger with your product, there shouldn`t be a problem. I have used the CH2 version with the Ultimate Tire Protectant Gel and loved it. In fact, it now comes from the manufacturer with PolyCharger inside. I have also used the H2O version of the PolyCharger with the Four Star Rubber & Vinyl without any problems. The Ultimate line now has a rubber and vinyl dressing which also comes Polycharged from the factory. If you are in doubt about which version to use with which product, check the chart that comes with the kit. If it isn`t listed, ask.
    Some people call it a 6 pack, I call it a support group.

HOOKED ON THE DETAILS
    Post Thanks / Like

Just tried adding pc H2O to optimum tire dressing a few days ago. seems to be working OK. Tires havent exploded and no gelling in the spray bottle. just looking for more durability!

Post Thanks / Like

One thing that would make me cautious about what I mixed is when I mixed DG 921 with 951 it worked great but when I told them about it he said yes it would be good but if I mixed 951 with 601 it would explode.

Now before I just randomly start pouring chemical together I do a little research first.

Thread Information