Post Thanks / Like

Anyone tried Collinite Super Doublecoat #476S?

I was thinking about buying some of this if the durability is good. Im not too worried about shine as I could just spit shine with a coat of some P21S or something first. It seems inexpensive. LMK what you think!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anyone tried Collinite Super Doublecoat #476S?

Hmmmm......I could be wrong but people complain how this paste wax is a bit of a pain to take off.

Once you apply the wax on your car, ive read that you might need to use some elbow grease to wipe it off.

Besides this wax I recommend the Collinite #845 liquid carnuba. Very durable and one of the best carnuba wax ive ever use.

My top three:

1.) Collinite #845
    2.) Poorboys Natty`s
    3.) S100 Carnuba

All three don`t cost that much but what a shine.

Post Thanks / Like

476 can be difficult at times to remove, even if you apply it thin...its just not that east to work with, well at least for me it wasn`t. However it does leave a nice shine, not quite as dark as others, but it does a good job, plus the protection is decent.
    I like beer. On occasion I will even drink a beer to celebrate a major event such as the fall of communism or the fact that our refrigerator is still working.

Stephan`s Detailing
    Portland CT.

XBox Live - mr detailer

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

My experience with the Collinite #476S was not good.
    It was a real pain to remove.
    Many comments have been made about how the difficulty is operator error. Could be, but after trying it a couple of times, I gave it away. Too many easy to use products available to use one that is a hassle.

As mentioned, the #845 was easy to use and has a reputation for excellent durability. It lasted for the 4 to 6 weeks that I require.
    It isn`t always easy to find locally. After spending about $20 in gas money and who knows how much time looking for it, I still had to purchase it on-line.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

The directions on the can were a little on the vague side so be very careful if you purchase the 476. Like others here said the shine is decent but not the best. Just make sure it goes on thin with a dampened applicator only do a small area like a fender or a half of the hood and buff off IMMEDIATELY. I heard from a guy once that he had to put gas on a rag to get the stuff off once because it dried and cemented itself on his paint. This wax gives you a good feeling of durability when you work with it. I guess that`s why it a little difficult to work with.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I`m in the minority here. 476, while not being the easiest to work with, has never been "hard" for me to remove. I put it on really thin and have no issues. Durability? 3 months+ easy. Some say 5-6 months. The 845 is easier to work with (shake well before use), however it will not last as long as the 476. It will give good durability, just not as much as 476.

Thread Information