Post Thanks / Like

very green, need help on budget

im real new to this. i bought and used Clay Magic claybar and then sprayed EO nano wax over it...im getting lots of streaking and i did it in the shade,what gives?

i want to polish the car but it would be by hand any suggestions on what product i can buy that is readily avaible at stores like,wal-m,target,autozone,pepboys,etc.. i want the best results possible,or is it not even worth the effort if its not with a pc or rotory?thanks again, fading fast,

btw the color is black on 97tacoma.

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: very green, need help on budget

Quote Originally Posted by fadingfast View Post
    im real new to this. i bought and used Clay Magic claybar and then sprayed EO nano wax over it...im getting lots of streaking and i did it in the shade,what gives?

i want to polish the car but it would be by hand any suggestions on what product i can buy that is readily avaible at stores like,wal-m,target,autozone,pepboys,etc.. i want the best results possible,or is it not even worth the effort if its not with a pc or rotory?thanks again, fading fast,

btw the color is black on 97tacoma.
    Welcome to DC!
    First, black is tough.
    Now that we have that out of the way, let`s get to your problem.
    I`m not familiar with EO products, but I think the spray Nano wax is supposed to be a cleaner wax so you supposedly don`t need a paint cleaner or polish prior to using it.
    You will have a much better looking finish if you do go through some prep stages, but the streaking problem is probably not related to not cleaning/polishing.
    Did you follow the instructions for using the wax?
    Some need to dry to a haze before removing and will streak if removed before they are dry.

You probably applied it too thick, (most people do apply too much of most any product), and that will cause streaking and uneven coverage.

You may have had some residue from your clay lube that wasn`t compatible with the EO. Try washing one section or panel, then apply the EO on just that panel and see how it works. Follow the instructions and use only enough to cover the area you are waxing. If you can see it, that`s plenty.

Be sure you are removing it with a clean towel.

As far as OTC polishes for use by hand, the better ones will be found at an auto body supply store rather than Wal*Mart or Target.
    Meguiar`s #81 Hand Polish or Meguiar`s #82 Swirl Free Polish both work good by hand, but a 32 oz. bottle is the smallest I have ever seen at a store. 32 oz. would last you for years.
    If you can still find it, Meguiar`s ColorX is a product that doesn`t get much attention, but does a good job of prepping the paint.
    Some people like the Meguiar`s Deep Crystal System Paint Cleaner, but I have never used it. It can be followed with Meguiar`s Deep Crystal System Polish and then whatever wax you care to use.
    The Deep Crystal System is supposed to be formulated for use by hand.
    You can do a decent job by hand, but it is a lot of work. I do think a PC is a good investment. The rotary is a serious tool for someone that knows how to use. I wouldn`t recommend it for a beginner.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

thanks, the eo is a spray on wipe as needed, i guess imma try n use a clean towel clean more off..does this stuff dry? i went out side and cleaned some w a terry and its still moist.../waxy. i did the truck yesterday.

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fadingfast View Post
    thanks, the eo is a spray on wipe as needed, i guess imma try n use a clean towel clean more off..does this stuff dry? i went out side and cleaned some w a terry and its still moist.../waxy. i did the truck yesterday.
    Spray on, wipe as needed doesn`t sound quite right as far as how to use a wax. Is "Spray on, wipe as needed" what the instructions say?
    I have no idea where you are located, but a wax would surely be dry in a day.
    The instructions for any spray wax/sealant I have used recommended using a MF towel to spread it and either a clean surface of that towel or another clean towel to remove it.
    WOWA sealnts not included n that statement.
    I`ll see if I can find any information about the EO Spray Nano Wax on the internet.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard! Sounds like CharlesW has you covered. I haven`t heard of EO either.

2015 Nissan Pathfinder, Platinum
    2012 Fiat 500 Sport
    2010 Mazda CX-7 iSport
    2000 Nissan Frontier XE

"Life`ll Kill Ya" - Warren Zevon

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Reddwarf View Post
    Welcome aboard! Sounds like CharlesW has you covered. I haven`t heard of EO either.
    EO is Eagle One.
    Lots of decent OTC products.

Charles

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesW View Post
    I`ll see if I can find any information about the EO Spray Nano Wax on the internet.

Charles
    Every mention of the Spray Nano Wax commented on how easy it was to use.
    It looks like the problem may be in something in the way you are using it.
    I`m lost. If you read and follow the directions, it should work for you.
    There is always the possibility that you did get a bad bottle of the stuff. If you are in a cold part of the world and it froze, the characteristics of the wax might change. Unlikely, but possible.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the group
    I like beer. On occasion I will even drink a beer to celebrate a major event such as the fall of communism or the fact that our refrigerator is still working.

Stephan`s Detailing
    Portland CT.

XBox Live - mr detailer

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the welcome and the replies. i think something was on the towel i was using..i grabed a fresh one and it came clean with a little tough love. i could just imagine the reslts with some finer products and machinery.

Seeking the perfect shine C_Rock77's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You would be AMAZED at what a PC and the proper polishes will do!

Welcome do DC....now kiss your extra $$ goodbye! Once you start with the bug, you`re finished!

Then again, you could always detail friends` & family`s cars to make some cash!

Am I the only one that thought Clay Magic`s included lube was worthless?

Post Thanks / Like

Yep a PC. and egde orange pad and some poorboys polish with sealant

also some good microfiber towels..

that is all i would need if i had to limit myself

Thread Information