The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

The Edge Microfiber Detaling Apron

This arrived yesterday and it looks like it might serve its purpose.
    Shoulder Holder Microfiber Detailing Apron by The Edge
    I haven`t had a chance to try it just yet since both vehicles have recently been cleaned up.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Edge Microfiber Detaling Apron

I think this will have to have a place in my detailing arsenal as well, Charles. When Edge announce the product a while back I was very interested in the apron. My old detailing apron is starting to show the wear so I look forward to your comments in the future.
    cwcad

DO WHAT YOU SAY.....SAY WHAT YOU DO!!!!
    www.ldkbox.com a blog about life`s details

Post Thanks / Like

Charles,

Please let everyone know what you think after you have had the chance to use it.

Of course, you could come to Indiana and try it out on some of my vehicles that need a winter prep if you are anxious.

Dave
    Extreme Clean ~ Extreme Shine
    "Do not hire a man who does your work for money, but him who does it for love of it." - Thoreau

Post Thanks / Like

I like it, looks soft and will not smudge or marry the car....the chord holder thing is not one feature that I would use. I don`t have any issues with the chord
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beemerboy View Post
    I like it, looks soft and will not smudge or marry the car....the chord holder thing is not one feature that I would use. I don`t have any issues with the chord
    And the cord holders were a factor in my ordering one.

Charles

Hail the power of Quattro audiboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The cord holders actually look like they could be put to very good use. It`d be nice to not have to worry about it getting in the way. The video on the link is pretty informational too. I`ll probably be getting one of these in the near future.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a soldier.

Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

To me, the chord holder is genius, since I`m using a wrap under the top of the apron, and a climbing link on the side.
    Is it heavy enough to avoid getting caught in a rotary (by the wind of the rotary)?
    Price is right.
    Brenton Dickieson

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like you are one of the lucky ones! We just got back from the SEMA/NACE show where I demoed the apron all day for a week. We met with well over 1000 people who buff, and every single guy has had the cord get caught in the buffer at one time or another. Several guys actually got really hurt including broken wrists and arms, but most just broke the buffer or pulled the cord out of the machine. While I don`t think everyone will use and appreciate the cord, it really works, and really takes the danger out of the equation. For the price of $15 just to have a plush microfiber Apron is also a huge plus.

Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I`ve snagged a cord, cost $25 to fix.
    Means I get $10 back and a free apron.
    Brenton Dickieson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Edge View Post
    Looks like you are one of the lucky ones! We just got back from the SEMA/NACE show where I demoed the apron all day for a week. We met with well over 1000 people who buff, and every single guy has had the cord get caught in the buffer at one time or another. Several guys actually got really hurt including broken wrists and arms, but most just broke the buffer or pulled the cord out of the machine. While I don`t think everyone will use and appreciate the cord, it really works, and really takes the danger out of the equation. For the price of $15 just to have a plush microfiber Apron is also a huge plus.
    Aaron

I have never had an issue with the chord on any of the buffers I have use....I watch what I am doing and make sure its not in the way once I start....I can see the benefits in your apron, but the chord holder thing is not one of the things that I would use...that said I will buy one for the sake of it being a MF material and would be better than the wifes old one that I currently use
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Aaron

I have never had an issue with the chord on any of the buffers I have use....I watch what I am doing and make sure its not in the way once I start....I can see the benefits in your apron, but the chord holder thing is not one of the things that I would use...that said I will buy one for the sake of it being a MF material and would be better than the wifes old one that I currently use

seems like a good idea i like that it is mf

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DLR Detailing View Post
    Charles,

Please let everyone know what you think after you have had the chance to use it.

Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenton View Post
    To me, the chord holder is genius, since I`m using a wrap under the top of the apron, and a climbing link on the side.
    Is it heavy enough to avoid getting caught in a rotary (by the wind of the rotary)?
    Price is right.
    The apron finally got used this past week.

Pros:
    1. It seems to be of good quality.
    2. It doesn`t get moved around much by the wind. I don`t use a rotary, but I don`t think it would be a problem with the apron flapping in the breeze from a rotary.
    3. It`s nice to have something on that isn`t a concern getting against the paint.
    4. The pockets are large enough and the apron is sturdy enough to hold 32 oz. bottles of product, and several MF towels.
    5. The apron is generously cut and provides enough coverage that your clothing should be protected from product sling.
    6. The cord holders are well placed and do their job well, but..... See the minor con below.

Con: (Maybe?):
    1. Because of the way I polish, the cord holders weren`t near the benefit I had hoped for.
    I usually do a section, then wipe off the polish and inspect that section before moving on. Removing the cord from the holder after each section and replacing it before the next section was more bother than it was worth to me. After doing it three times, I quit using the cord holders.
    If you were doing the entire vehicle, they probably would be fine. They work good, just more of a nuisance than of any value to me in my particular way of polishing.

FWIW, I don`t use a rotary and the only concern I have with the PC cord is dragging it across the surface of the vehicle. I have never caught the cord with the PC.

For $15, I have no complaints although I`m not 100% sure I would buy it again. My 99 cent nail aprons hold small bottles of product and several MF towels and work for me.

It is a good looking item.
    For a professional, the Edge apron would look a lot better than the nail apron.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

I absolutely love my Edge apron. I used it last weekend with my Flex, and while it is a bit awkward to have to detatch it every time I put it down, it is a huge help to have that cord away from the car and not whacking into everything. I put the cord over my left shoulder and then attached it to my right hip. It worked perfectly and I couldn`t be happier. The pockets seriously are deep enough to hold any product bottle that you might have. They are deep enough that they swallow my Wolfgang bottles entirely and leave nothing sticking up that could rub against the car. If you use a detailing apron then this is definitely one to get. Use the loops or don`t use them, you still won`t find a more functional or cooler apron out there.

Keeping Texas clean one car at a time!

Post Thanks / Like

Keeping Texas clean one car at a time!

Thread Information