Seeking the perfect shine C_Rock77's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

WG Paintwork Polish Enhancer Necessary?

Is WG Paintwork Polish Enhancer Necessary if I`m using PoorBoy`s SSRs? The way I understand it, the Polish Enhancer is a Cleanser (much like Klasse AIO) that preps the surface for the sealant (removing oils, mainly).

PoorBoy`s SSRs being water based do not leave behind any oils. I`ve read that people go from the SSRs straight to a sealant many times.

If I were going to prep the car like:

Wash
    Clay
    Wash
    SSR 2.5 w/ LC Orange Pad
    SSR 1 w/ Megs Yellow polishing pad
    WG PPE
    WG PS x3

Following this process, would the WG PPE be necessary? Or would it be ok to go straight from SSR1 to the WG Sealant?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: WG Paintwork Polish Enhancer Necessary?

I don`t think you have to use the WGPPE. I`m sure going straight to the WGDGS would be fine. However, I did use the PPE first once and it made a really nice surface for the sealant. So, IMO I would go for the PPE, but no, it is not required.

2015 Nissan Pathfinder, Platinum
    2012 Fiat 500 Sport
    2010 Mazda CX-7 iSport
    2000 Nissan Frontier XE

"Life`ll Kill Ya" - Warren Zevon

Post Thanks / Like

I have read that it`s recommended to have a spray bottle of isopropyl alcohol diluted 1:1 with distilled/0 ppm water, and spraying it on the paint like a QD then wipe off with MF to get any oils that can possibly be in the polishes. That way, the sealant will properly bond. For waxes, this won`t matter.

I personally like using the Wolfgang Paint Work Enhancer because it gives a nice slick surface, and a nice base for the Wolfgang sealant, or any sealant for that matter. Plus, it cleans your paint nicely and it should help the Wolfgang sealant last a little longer on the paint.

Post Thanks / Like

IMO the WG PPE is over kill after the SSR lineup...its a paint cleaner but after doing the two previous steps your paint is ready for the sealant or paste wax

If still want to use it, then skip the SSR1 and use it instead
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

After finding out the difference between polish ,paint cleaner , and glaze ,I think WG polish enhancer fall in to the category of glazes since it has fillers, according to the god of detailing(Steve) glaze= cleans, shines, and fills, and B boy:"Fillers are something that you see in glazes, LSP or AIO type products, they are designed to hide the minor imperfections in the finish.
    Some people here use a glaze before waxing to get the extra shine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beemerboy View Post
    IMO the WG PPE is over kill after the SSR lineup...its a paint cleaner but after doing the two previous steps your paint is ready for the sealant or paste wax

If still want to use it, then skip the SSR1 and use it instead
    So, would you possibly use Klasse SG, UPP, and other acrylic sealants directly after SSR1? Or would you forego the SSR1 for Klasse AIO, 4* UPC, WG PPE, etc (using in combination w/ their complimenting cleanser/prep product)? I started wondering about this when I read Poorboy`s EX-P`s prep is already accomplished w/ the SSR1 (due to no oils being present).

In your educated opinion, Beemer, would you recommend the SSR1 (with its mild abrasives) or the WG PPE which is more of a chemical cleaner?

You hit the nail in the head....I`m trying to consolidate steps and not do the same thing twice.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by C_Rock77 View Post
    So, would you possibly use Klasse SG, UPP, and other acrylic sealants directly after SSR1? Or would you forego the SSR1 for Klasse AIO, 4* UPC, WG PPE, etc (using in combination w/ their complimenting cleanser/prep product)? I started wondering about this when I read Poorboy`s EX-P`s prep is already accomplished w/ the SSR1 (due to no oils being present).

In your educated opinion, Beemer, would you recommend the SSR1 (with its mild abrasives) or the WG PPE which is more of a chemical cleaner?

You hit the nail in the head....I`m trying to consolidate steps and not do the same thing twice.
    I have a tendency to stay with one product line, less hassles with bonding issues...The SSR line would be one that I would use, skip the WG step...it is a paint cleaner but I think that you will have that covered with the SSR 2.5 and 1...at least I`ve never felt the need to go use a paint cleaner after all that...I do like a glaze before I go to a sealant or wax..but that`s a non-cleaner glaze...I hope that I have answered your question

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beemerboy View Post
    I do like a glaze before I go to a sealant or wax..but that`s a non-cleaner glaze...I hope that I have answered your question
    Now, I see that WolfGang has one of these glazes. I hadn`t really LOOKED at their lineup in a while, and was unaware of this product. I, too, like to stick with same lines....i.e. WG PPE w/ WG PS, 4*UPC w/ UPP, Klasse AIO w/ Klasse SG, etc. I also have done AIO w/ UPP, but it`s been widely established that this combo WORKS!

As for Glazes, I hear about people using Vanilla Moose under sealants like EX-P....and even UPP. What`s up with that? I thought UPP couldn`t bond if oils were present

Do you feel that WG`s Glaze is a worthwhile step to add in?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by C_Rock77 View Post
    Now, I see that WolfGang has one of these glazes. I hadn`t really LOOKED at their lineup in a while, and was unaware of this product. I, too, like to stick with same lines....i.e. WG PPE w/ WG PS, 4*UPC w/ UPP, Klasse AIO w/ Klasse SG, etc. I also have done AIO w/ UPP, but it`s been widely established that this combo WORKS!

As for Glazes, I hear about people using Vanilla Moose under sealants like EX-P....and even UPP. What`s up with that? I thought UPP couldn`t bond if oils were present

Do you feel that WG`s Glaze is a worthwhile step to add in?
    OK Lets clear up the oils thing, there are oils in about all products at some level..don`t concern yourself with that part...most all products will bond if applied right and allowed to cure before another application / product is applied...the WG glaze I addressed earlier is a mild grade polish if you are using the SSR1 then yes its over kill...its my guess at this point you want to use the WG glaze, then do...its redundant coupled with the SSR1 its over kill

Lastly...its time to take all this product into your work space and start working on your car...there is nothing that you are going to hurt...even if you lay down some wax then polish it off next....its a trail and error, that`s how a lot of here have learned...you had the correct steps in the start minus the one that I gave you advice on..good luck

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Thread Information