Post Thanks / Like

ultima paint guard plus...

did some research. is this the future? ouch $70 a pop. spray on/walk away. looked at their line. interesting....
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Re: ultima paint guard plus...

Funny you should mention it, I was just reading up on it. It better be real good for $70. Although they claim it`s good for "up to" 50 full size car uses. If that`s true, it`s cheap per application. I tend to like the reviews by the people here versus the other site. Guess I will just have to wait. A few members should get together and divide a bottle up and report the findings!

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RUBICON View Post
    did some research. is this the future? ouch $70 a pop. spray on/walk away. looked at their line. interesting....
    I doubt it.
    In the past this has been tried by several manufacturers with less than great acceptance.

Right now, Zaino and Optimum also have wipe on, walk away products that seem to work good, but I don`t really know how their sales are.
    I have used the Optimum Opti-Seal and it was very easy to use and left a great finish. Slick and shiny.
    I have read where some think the Ultima is easier to use, but the Opti-Seal was such an easy application, I don`t see how it cold get much easier.
    FWIW, I liked the product, but not well enough to throw away any of my existing products.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

How do you handle excess residue? Is it a very disciplined application procedure?

Are these products anything like Aquawax? Granted, the dry use instructions are to spread and buff. How similar are these?
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JaredPointer View Post
    How do you handle excess residue? Is it a very disciplined application procedure?.........
    Haven`t used AW or Ultima (yet), but reports that I have read indicate it is even more forgiving than Opti-Seal or Z-CS, both of which I have used.

They are pretty easy to use, and any excess residue will either disappear or can be easily buffed off.

One application of Z-CS I laid on extra heavy to see what it would do. It might have all leveled out if I had let it sit overnight, but after a couple of hours I just buffed off the excess with a soft MF.

On the cars where I used the normal amount (normal = very little) there was no residue to worry about. I found OS to have a bit more gloss and slickness than Z-CS, but then Z-CS is touted for locking in the look of the LSP that is already on the car.

One note, FWIW, on the car where I applied an excess amount of Z-CS (and then buffed it), 24 hours later I had problems with Z-8 streaking on it...... even after I diluted it with distilled water. I wound up using S&G on it with no problems. After the next wash I tried Z-8 again and it did fine...... really added a lot of pop and slickness.

Ultima is a bit pricey, but it comes in a larger size so the cost per ounce really is about the same as the other two WOWA products. They also announced a limited edition sampler kit (4 ounce bottles) of Ultima that is priced (pre-order) under $40.
    John

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

How do you handle excess residue? Is it a very disciplined application procedure?
    If applied properly, (thin), I had no excess residue so I can`t specifically answer your question. I really don`t think it is likely to be a problem for you.
    I can only speak for the Opti-Seal and while it isn`t truly a "disciplined application process", you do need to follow the instructions and apply the product thinly and uniformly.

Are these products anything like Aquawax? Granted, the dry use instructions are to spread and buff. How similar are these?
    IMO, not at all similar.

FWIW, the AW is also a very nice product.

Charles

Thread Information