Post Thanks / Like

I love Meguiar`s Ultimate QD!!

I tell ya, this stuff is fantastic!! I saw it a couple weeks ago at AutoZone, but I didn`t feel like paying ten bucks a bottle for it. I saw it this morning in Checker with a five dollar mail in rebate associated with it, so I bit. The stuff is really amazing! It has the trigger of the Quick Interior Detailer and Quick Wheel Detailer and the mist is ultra fine. I wager that really helps make this product stretch. I used it on a client`s car that I detailed last week and it passed my expectations. The car was already pretty shiny before I got to it, so I can`t really speak to how much shine it adds yet. I will say that I used it on some waterspots that seemed a little rough and it did a great job cleaning them off. So it does a good job cleaning, dusting, and I will assume it shines well too.

Some of my gripes with QDs is the streaking. I can`t ever get the mist fine enough to avoid putting too much spray on the paint. The thing this product really has going for it is the trigger. Check out your local Checker/Kragen and see if the rebate applies for you too. It is very much worth picking up and giving it a try. I`m going to go get three more bottles of it so I have some to spare.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I love Meguiar`s Ultimate QD!!

saw this detailer yesterday. good stuff then? can it be used on glass? meg`s origional QD has been around forever. (good also). thanks for the review.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Wal-Mart has it for $9.97 with a $5.00 rebate also

Post Thanks / Like

I have been using it since it was first available and it is all that. My wife`s car is black and I Ice`d it 3 weeks ago and washed it this weekend and used Ultimate after drying and it looks great. No spiderwebs or swirls and the stuff beads like crazy. Glad to know you can still buy something that does what it claims.

Post Thanks / Like

I have also tried Meguiar`s Ultimate QD. It is very nice stuff. I don`t see quite the "POP" that some other QD`s have. However it still looks very good and really does facilitate beading... even after a couple of washes. So, it must be adding "something" to the paint.

I also love the Meguiar`s QD bottles for dispensing products. I save all the 22 ounce, 24 ounce and 32 ounce bottles that I can round up for dispensing other products... mainly QD`s and Spray Sealants like Z8. They are the best large "misting" bottles I have found. Too bad they don`t last that long.

I wish they would make it available in quarts at a reasonable price.
    D.C.T.

Post Thanks / Like

My last bottle of this stuff was sort of a disappointment. The sprayer part sort of crapped out on me similar to the way the Interior detailer sometimes does. Oh well... the product itself is still very nice. I`m going to hold it in reserve for when I need it. I`ve given a bottle to a couple of customers who I thought would need it. I gave one to my guy with the S65 who went on the Player`s Run this year. All of my customers love this stuff, so I might just give it out as Christmas presents this year. lol

Post Thanks / Like

Try some Duragloss Fast Clean n Shine. You cant make it streak.

Weekend Warrior RyansAutoDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

any comparison to the NXT line speed detailer spray as well ? im lookin to try one of those two !

Post Thanks / Like

also, how does it compare with optimum qd?

Post Thanks / Like

I get M135 from the Professional line in the gallon form I like this and FK 425. Meguiars to me has more cleaning ability and FK wins not by much in the shine factor. I can not decide what I like better so I have both lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sal329 View Post
    I get M135 from the Professional line in the gallon form I like this and FK 425. Meguiars to me has more cleaning ability and FK wins not by much in the shine factor. I can not decide what I like better so I have both lol.
    I`m thinking of ordering 425. I`ve heard nothing but good things about it. It constantly seems to rate at the top.

Like I need yet another QD... jeepers!
    2019 Ford Fiesta ST
    2018 Honda CRV AWD

Swirls?!?! NNOOOOOOO!!!!! Big Leegr's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RyansAutoDetail View Post
    any comparison to the NXT line speed detailer spray as well ? im lookin to try one of those two !
    I wasn`t overly thrilled with the NXT Speed Detailer, so, almost by default, I`d go with the Ultimate QD.
    (I`ve used UQD only a couple times, so I can`t really give much detail on it, other than I wasn`t blown away by it, but it didn`t greatly disappoint me either.)
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!

Thread Information