Thread: CD-2 Rumor?

Formerly TexasTB Tex Star Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

CD-2 Rumor?

Just got back in town last night. Was in Missouri for Turkey Day. I decided to poke in at a few auto part stores to see what they had different from the stores here in Texas......dissapointed, none the less.
    I stopped in at an AutoZone to see if they carried any CD-2 Engine detailer.....
    Nope.....well....not anymore.
    I asled the guy behind the counter if they carried it when I walked in. He said yes, and I got a tingle in my wallet.....
    Walk over to find..............nothing. They didn`t have it. He walked up to me and said he forgot he shipped back 2 full cases a few days back . Apparently, he said it was recalled and they had to send back their stock. Some type of regulations...didn`t say which ones.....

So, has anyone else heard of CD-2 being recalled due to some sort of regulation?
    "In the business world, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windshield."

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: CD-2 Rumor?

It seems like someone posted that it might not have been VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds), compliant.
    That would explain the problems finding it and the back order situation at the DC Store.

Charles

TheDetailingHandBook.com Mikeyc's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

One guy at AZ once told me it was discontinued. Then I went to CAP (local auto parts chain) and he told me it was not discontinued. I do also have a buddy who has an account with Turtle Wax and he was not able to find CD2 Engine Detailer in their catalogue even though it had other CD2 products.

A long time ago I sent an email to Turtle asking if CD2 was discontinued and never got a response.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesW
    It seems like someone posted that it might not have been VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds), compliant.
    That would explain the problems finding it and the back order situation at the DC Store.

Charles
    hmm.. wonder if this means that CD2 won`t be ups`ing my case to me that I`ve already paid for on Wednesday?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeyc
    One guy at AZ once told me it was discontinued. Then I went to CAP (local auto parts chain) and he told me it was not discontinued. I do also have a buddy who has an account with Turtle Wax and he was not able to find CD2 Engine Detailer in their catalogue even though it had other CD2 products.

A long time ago I sent an email to Turtle asking if CD2 was discontinued and never got a response.
    Turtle wax and CD2 are no longer related.. this from CD2 customer svc. person last Wednesday. They have separated.

TheDetailingHandBook.com Mikeyc's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn
    Turtle wax and CD2 are no longer related.. this from CD2 customer svc. person last Wednesday. They have separated.
    Does CD2 have their own website?

Also, what is the phone number for CD2 customer service?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeyc
    Does CD2 have their own website?

Also, what is the phone number for CD2 customer service?
    well they did have a website www.cd2products.com as per the back of some of their products, but it comes up MIA.

I called 1-800-Turtle Wax and that is where I got the information that CD2 was no longer affiliated and the person on the line gave me the CD2 #. Don`t have it handy, sorry.

Post Thanks / Like

Update: I received my case of 6 CD2 Engine detailer this morning via Fedex Ground from Quincy Illinois. Oddly enough it has a return address of Turtle Wax and an individuals name there. This is contrary to what I was told at Turtle Wax, but anyway, 6 cans plus 4 single use packets of "Wax Shop Super Glaze Liquid Wax"

No time to try it out today, but anyway wanted to update and pass along about the return address.

Post Thanks / Like

I can find some CD2 if interested.
    PM me.

Thread Information