Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Z5

02Silverado,

Your problem was not getting it fully polished. Zaino covers whatever you did, nothing more.

Oils and whatever else was left on the finish contributed to the poor Zaino performance.

Z5 is not really a swirl remover or hides well. It will after MANY coats cover very minor spider webbing. Swirls you have to remove with polish B4 you use Zaino.

Waxes always are easier and can produce a good level of gloss, but it does not last long. But if you wax more often, then stay with wax.

Carnuba has oils in it, so yes it looks good over just about anything. You could use a light oil over a polished finish and it looks good. The real secret is all the polishing! Waxes also aid in covering/filling minor imperfections. Zaino amplifies imperfections.

If you like your wax, stay with it and don`t bother with sealants.

Hell, I`m still working on the SC430 to get the rest of the minor swirls left on it by the dealers new division: "Swirl mark and scratch application department"!

I did a 360 Ferrari, which as perfect prior to using Zaino and it looks outstanding! Better than a wax as the owner wanted the best sealant used for show. In fact, I used several waxes on a panel to show which one will produce a better gloss that he wanted. Once all that was done, stripped the waxes and did apply Zaino.

On another occasion, I had a Austin Martin that the owner wanted wax and wax only. It`s all a matter of preference!

Regards,
    Deanski
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)
    What`s in YOUR garage? 997 Carrera S.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Zaino Brothers Products..? Any Good?

Just bought my first corvette 1996 collectors edition been at the corvette forum seems they al use zanio I use klasseon my black jeep topped with natties blue loved the results would this combo woar on my silver vette

Post Thanks / Like

bit of an old thread to dig up, to ask if Klasse & Natty`s blue would work on your silver vette

But to be fair I would go with the original Natty`s, the blue was geared towards darker colors.

HTH
    "J"

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

I`ve been a real Zaino skeptic for several years. I tried Z2pro and it`s very nice and quite durable-looks great on pewter. I really like Z5pro topped with Z8 on darks-to my eyes it`s very wet.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven`t used Zaino, but it sure divides up the house when some brings it up - like wearing a #24 cap in a redneck country store. Personally, I want to always use the KISS principle, that is for ya`ll that don`t know - keep it simple stupid. When I hear about all the friggin steps some people do with Z, it reminds me of the deer meat story - one guy was tellin the other how he hated the taste and his buddy replied with about 17 steps to prepare it - finally the first guy says hell, a dog turd would taste ok after all that! Me, I ain`t got all day to fool with it, wash, clay if needed, compound if needed, polish and seal it. If a car is fairly new its 3 steps - wash, polish, and seal. git r done!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Junebug
    I haven`t used Zaino, but it sure divides up the house when some brings it up - like wearing a #24 cap in a redneck country store. Personally, I want to always use the KISS principle, that is for ya`ll that don`t know - keep it simple stupid. When I hear about all the friggin steps some people do with Z, it reminds me of the deer meat story - one guy was tellin the other how he hated the taste and his buddy replied with about 17 steps to prepare it - finally the first guy says hell, a dog turd would taste ok after all that! Me, I ain`t got all day to fool with it, wash, clay if needed, compound if needed, polish and seal it. If a car is fairly new its 3 steps - wash, polish, and seal. git r done!
    FWIW, that is what you can do with Zaino.

Just because others make it convuluted does not mean that it has to be. It is just another way. The KISS method works well with any product. Yet the better the process the better the end result. The proof is in the prep. Again this practice bodes well for any product.
    cwcad

DO WHAT YOU SAY.....SAY WHAT YOU DO!!!!
    www.ldkbox.com a blog about life`s details

Post Thanks / Like

Zaino is great stuff. It`s extremely easy to use (provided you follow the instructions), and, in my experience, has been very durable, outlasting everything I tried before. I don`t get this "it looks plasticy" stuff, and I never will. Here`s a couple of shots of my 2005 Mercury Montego with Z5Pro, and some Z8:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information