Post Thanks / Like

RightLook vs. Poorboys

I"m still looking at waterless wash solutions like Poorboys S&W. Poorboys has a gallon bottle for $30 while RightLook has the same stuff for $18. Detail King has some stuff that`s like $25. Anyone used the RightLook waterless car wash? Also, RightLook has a sample pack that has the waterless, polish, wax, paint sealer for $18....thinking about ordering it. Does Poorboys have anything like that? Thanks guys

Proud Resident Of Detail City scottabi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: RightLook vs. Poorboys

Completly water less ssytem sounds like a marketing hype for a QD to me. If I was you I would try out QEW for washing your car. A gallon will run about $30 for a gallon.

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

First not all waterless washes are anywhere near the "SAME" ...they may say they do similar things, but they are not the same.

Scottabi it is not a hype for a QD ...waterless washes are going to be the future of car cleaning due to more and more environmental and water restrictions, as well as draught areas. Many Professional detailers I sell large quatities to have already begun this for a large majority of the vehicles they detail. Of course heavy dirt, mud and undercarraiges will still need to use a hose or something like QEW to remain cost effective. Many of these detailer have also reported back a huge savings in time and enjoy the lack of water dripping from crevices.

Time Savings:

no set up of hose and buckets, and then clean up
    no need for mobile detailers to carry huge water tanks
    no need to find a cool shady spot, do it anytime / anywhere
    no drips from jambs and mirrors, so water will not effect polishing or waxing

When time is money all these things count ....for your personal car, time should not be as important, unless you have kids
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like

Steve, interesting comment about the waterless evnviromental stuff. I was talking with a friend about getting back into detailing semi`s and he said no way. Why? He said the enviromental stuff is costly to maintain! With that said, has your product been tested? Can you provide documented test results and so on?

My brother was doing some advertising for me. He was discussing with a rep (a good contact for me on the inside) of a large chemical company about doing their vehicles. The rep said unless your brother (me) has strict adherence to an enviromental policy, concerns and the product he uses is not detremental to the enviroment, he is just wasting his time! I see opportunities here with this company. Want fly to town and help me with a marketing campaign :phone: Seriously though, what are your thoughts and where is this wash less thing heading?

Post Thanks / Like

Spray and Wipe is very safe for the environment and even its users...even if you drank it all you would get is a stomach ache.. It is currently used by one of our DC members who details at Lockeed/ Martin , and they adhere to very strict government VOC regulations on any and all chemicals that can get into the air or touch the ground.
    Spray and Wipe would be effective for the vehicles, but would need to bought in 30 or 55 gallon drums to be cost effective on a large job as you have mentioned. Before I would move forward on a job like that, I would get a guaranteed contract and do a cost analysis before even making a bid for the contract.

Post Thanks / Like

I stand corrected then. Wouldn`t though these waterless washes be in the same category as a QD though? If you still need to have a wash system for really dirty cars? I am not trying to argue I am just trying to understand. I have not tried S&W or the rightlook waterless wash so I am kinda naive to what they are capable of doing and not doing. I hope you didnt think I was trying to bash your S&W or anything, I apologize if you took it that way.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

No offense taken, it`s a relatively new idea as far as the general public goes. Detailing sites are made to discuss new ideas and techniques.( Here at Detail City, we always try to keep it friendly and civil ) Many classic cars ,street rodders and antique owner have been using waterless washes for more than a decade. Many of these owners prefer no to put hoses on their cars in fear of getting water trapped where they can not dry it thoroughly, and it helps prevent premature rusting in areas they can`t reach (inner fenders , frames, drain holes etc.) as many older vehicles were not made with today`s anti-rust techniques.
    Some can be used as QD`s depending on what you want out of a QD, but a true waterless wash has only cleaning ability not sealants or wax in them.
    Can they remove heavy dirt in a pinch, yes, but they are not economical that way...I would recommend at least going to a selve serve wash and rinsing for heavy dirt, mud, or winter salts and sands.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for clearing that up for me. I understand better.

2004 Civic EX magnesium HondaMan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I love S&W...it`s great.....I have a little spritz bottle with some of the stuff and a MF towel for those "how`d that get there" spots or bird hits.

Unless the cost is prohibitive or you really feel one type is alot better than another, remember Margaret Hamilton (Wicked Witch of the West in "The Wizard of Oz") and what she said about Maxwell Hous Coffee in the 1970`s.....If something works, you stick with it !!

With so much other stuff to try and compare, I made the S&W choice easy...I tried and am sticking with Poorboys.
    "Marge...weaseling out of things is what separates us from the animals. Except the weasel." - Homer Simpson

Post Thanks / Like

A quick way to look at the difference -

A Quick Detailer will add something to your finish (usually a silicone or shine booster) and sometimes offer the ability to remove dust and finger prints. Spray and Wipe removes dust, dirt, poop and others by ecapsulating the dirt and what not and lifting it from the surface - then when you wipe it off and it leaves nothing behind but the shine.
    You have activated my special ability....

Post Thanks / Like

I can`t use my water at home to wash and detail car`s (way to hard).....Sooooo S&W does just the trick for me . I also have a deal worked out with a few local touchless washes to bring my car`s there and run through the automatic wash to get any major crap off , then I come home and do a final cleaning with PB S&W before and after the detail is done. I know it`s sound`s kind of crazy , but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

This year I have cut back my detailing of car`s by 75% for other people and now have been focusing on a website developement and dist. product`s. Still love to detail , but getting to old and time consuming when I work a regular full time job in sale`s and marketing besides

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fallguy
    Sooooo S&W does just the trick for me . I also have a deal worked out with a few local touchless washes to bring my car`s there and run through the automatic wash to get any major crap off , then I come home and do a final cleaning with PB S&W before and after the detail is done. I know it`s sound`s kind of crazy , but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.
    Doesn`t sound crazy to me. Since I lost my indoor washing facility last year, your system is basically the same thing I do all winter. The water gets really hard in the winter.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Poorboy
    Spray and Wipe is very safe for the environment and even its users...even if you drank it all you would get is a stomach ache.. It is currently used by one of our DC members who details at Lockeed/ Martin , and they adhere to very strict government VOC regulations on any and all chemicals that can get into the air or touch the ground.
    Spray and Wipe would be effective for the vehicles, but would need to bought in 30 or 55 gallon drums to be cost effective on a large job as you have mentioned. Before I would move forward on a job like that, I would get a guaranteed contract and do a cost analysis before even making a bid for the contract.
    I use alot of Spray and Wipe, and love the stuff, but I don`t think it would be cost effective or even feasible to try to maintain a whole fleet of ANY type of vehicle with a waterless wash. I watched a lady demo this system at one of my accounts and in the time it took her to do one 6 wheel tractor, and a 16 door delivery beer truck, I could have done 6 sets with a pressure washer. She also must have gone through a dozen towels (maybe more)!! The poor girl was wasted after one set.

I use Spray and Wipe for many things, and have no problem using it as a prelude to detailing one car on the weekend, but to even think about using it in place of water in Commercial Fleet Maintenance is a stretch.

Livin' the good life
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesW
    The water gets really hard in the winter.

Charles
    It`s called ice. Forms at 32*F, good for skating, bad for driving surface.

Just kidding. :brick
    There`s a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".

Thread Information