Thread: Lexol Vinylex

Post Thanks / Like

Lexol Vinylex

I have been using Klasse and 303 for automotive purposes, but my wife and I just bought this $1700 vinyl massage chair and I needed something to preserve it. I didn`t have my 303 handy, so I bought some Vinylex at the local store because I had been wanting to try it anyway. Great stuff - beautiful, natural finish with a bit of gloss and absolutely non-greasy if you wipe it down after it`s had some time to absorb. I`m not a fan of high-gloss products, so this stuff suits me very well. I would definitely recommend it to 303 users who want just a bit of shine. Excuse me, I have to go get a massage now.

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s definitely good stuff and it`s a keeper. I did switch from Vinylex to 303 becauseI read so much praise for 303 and its top notch protection and preservation for vinyl, plastic, rubber. i plan to use on my dash, rubber seals, tires and under the hood hoses and plastics. However, I always have Vinylex on hand as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m under the impression, and I well may be mistaken, that silicone-based vinyl treatments (which is just about anything except 303, Vinylex and Griots, which may be one of the 2) is actually harmful to vinyl so I try to keep all my stuff water-based. I do admit to using various silicone stuff on my tires (Eagle One and Endurance) but it`s only because I ain`t throwin` out bottles of stuff! I admit, last week I used some old STP Son of a Gun on my tires to use it up and they really looked great with a nice low-gloss sheen. Well, by the time I get my next new car in a year and a half, i`ll have it all used and go to water-based exclusively.

Post Thanks / Like
    The whole silicone danger is what got me to switch to 303. I have plenty of silicone stuff. Still have a case of MSLT. My strategy is to use on wheel wells from time to time and during a rainy week or so when it will be washed off. Car will still look good during dry intervals. Want to save the expensive 303 for fair weather.

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have vinylex, and I will admit that it looks good. But ive foudn that on older vinyl interiors, that it tends to be too glossy. It also attracts a lot of dust.

Then again, im comparing it to a 1990 Mustang that I use it on.
    http://tassadar.ezekial.net

Post Thanks / Like
    Vinylex too glossy? The only product i`ve ever seen with less gloss was 303. I agree that Vinylex can be glossy, but if you give it a good wiping with a towel it tones it down quite a bit. What products outside of 303 are less glossy than Vinylex?

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    PB`s Natural Look is not glossy what so ever.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the glossy look but that me and I use vinlyex for that reason. For the matted finish I use PB natural or 3M`s plastic dressing. Both of the later do about the same no gloss but a good clean finish.
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just cannot make up my mind on this age old debate. I can never seem to get the right ammount of gloss when I need it with Vinylex.

This all falls back to my curse with interiors, I can NEVER do them right.

Post Thanks / Like
    Interior are my favorite. 303 Is awsome on interior not to glossy Vinylex is like a cheaper 303 to me it has silicones but is good for tires and other interior and exterior stuff like trim and doorjamb rubber etc.
    www.exotiXboard.com

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t like to use Vinylex on tires. It leaves a VERY matte finish that to the normal person looks like an undressed tire. Therefore I prefer BnB or Megs HE.

Post Thanks / Like
    I dont use anything on my tires exept Eagle One Wet Tire Gel it works the best and leaves a stunning shine nice a glossy. I also have some EF Black Opal I sometimes mix with the gel to get even more gloss.
    www.exotiXboard.com

Strange name, ain't it? NattyBumppo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I personally don`t care for Vinylex at all. I wold prefer 303 or PB Natural Look over it but that is just my personal taste. I find the smell of Vinylex offensive and it does have more gloss on interiors than 303. I like interior space to look clean and new not glossy. And yes, I have buffed Vinylex after application.

BTW...dont` stress out oo much over the silicone thing. There are many different type of silicone....some water based some solvent based. It is the solvent based silicones that are harmful not the water based ones. Polydimethylsiloxanes (help me here Dwayne ) are actually water based silicones that are quite expensive and serve as very effective protectants. The more expensive products have the water based silicones and will not harm your rubber/vinyl etc.

Unless you`re using a bottle of Armor All from 10 years ago or putting Tire Dressings on your interiors I doubt you need to worry about it.

Natty
    Natty
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Sorry Miss, I just decided I don`t do mini-vans"

Thread Information