Post Thanks / Like

Zymol Concours review

Its finally here, This is try number 2. I had it all done and somehow I accidentally closed the window. But was I mad lol. So after a few minutes of calming down i decided to try again.

So I got the jag today and decided that it would be a good time to detail.

The pics are to come. I’m just at my parents house for lunch so i will upload them after.

So here is the long awaited review. I promised it, and am now getting it done (a few months late)

Product: Zymol Concours

Container size: 8 oz

Price: $164 USD

Application size: Allot at 1oz a car.

Price per application: 164/8= $20.50USD

Smell: It smelt awesome. Like cinnamon candy. Almost like those little heart candies at valentines day. It smelt really good. I wanted to eat it.

Appearance. It looked like a yellow solid. The yellow was like big bird. I know its a weird color to compare it to but I thought they were similar.

Directions Per Zymol (paraphrased): 1: Wash and dry car, hd cleanse if needed

2:apply wax with hands

3:lightly buff off to shine. Do not let dry

How I used: We washed the car using Zymol clear (I thought I would play with the zymol stuff). We then dried and buffed the car using optimum polish. I wanted the cleanest nicest surface I could get.
    We then applied Victoria wax lite cleanse. I couldn’t find the zymol hd-cleanse. I have used the hd before so I knew what it was like. I like the VW stuff better anyway so no biggie.
    We then started the fun. We took some wax from the jar. It instantly melted in our hands. It was really cool.
    You could feel it melting.
    We then started on the hood. We realized we had way to much wax so we also did the bumper and fenders.
    The wax applied well, it was not hard however lots of wax is used. It is hard to get a nice thin even coat but as we went on it became easier. I think a few more cars and it will be no problem
    We then buffed the hood, bumper and fenders.

I found it was very sticky and hard to buff. It needed a pre buff to get off most of the extra wax then a second buff to make it shine. The second buff was very easy.

We continued to do the whole car this way.

We took a step back in awe. It was done.

We then drove it outside to get some pics. There was no sun. I was sad.

Appearance: it left a depth very similar to that of Victoria wax concours. It looked as though you could walk through the paint. But it had more then depth, it also had shine. It was cool.

The one thing I was really shocked at was how it reelected light so differently from every angle.

Lbls1. Once wrote about the optical range of concours.

Boy was he ever right. Pictures do not do it justice. Its hard to explain but it almost takes a glow, very angelic.

Final thoughts: Man I love this stuff. I really want to try the vintage now. See if it can get any better.
    The wax is still expensive and wont be used on everything however it is something that will be applied to higher end summer cars.

I would recommend this wax. If you can afford it. Then i would say try it.

well there it is. Any comments or questions?
    06 Nissan Altima 3.5SE

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Zymol Concours review

Thanks for the nice write-up

Now here is a big question... you have tried many waxes, does the look justify the cost?
    At $20+ USD per application it does seem quite steep, how would you compare it in appearance to others that you have tried, is it really worth THAT much .

BTW any pics?

"J"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaybs02 View Post
    Thanks for the nice write-up

Now here is a big question... you have tried many waxes, does the look justify the cost?
    At $20+ USD per application it does seem quite steep, how would you compare it in appearance to others that you have tried, is it really worth THAT much .

BTW any pics?

"J"

is it worth it, yeah.. for some cars. I liked the look on red, imsure it will look great on other dark colours. I dont think i would use it on somthing light, dosent seem worth it to me.
    Also there are many great waxes out there. If you are going for a similar look then i would use Victoria wax concours, its is very similar. However i think to get that little more you do need to spend the money.

So yeah i would say it worth it on some cars, but not most

and pics are the next post, there are tons
    06 Nissan Altima 3.5SE

Post Thanks / Like

There are a ton of pics, hope you like them

06 Nissan Altima 3.5SE

Post Thanks / Like

I look like crap int he first pic but ohh well.

The last pic is of my partner, he liked the zymol.

Hope you enjoyed them

p.s the top is not dirty it is just drying. It has the rag top on it so it needs 24 hours to dry and set
    06 Nissan Altima 3.5SE

Post Thanks / Like

The car turned out great. The optical range was nothing short of stunning. Having seen a lot of the other products Michael has tried out before, this is by FAR superior!

Post Thanks / Like

Calgarrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally........the moment I waited so long for!!!!

Talk about delayed response. It is just how a zymol handles red. It is hard to describe it. It just makes the color seem totally liquid. Absolutely nice results.

Couple of things. Did you see an improvement from what you`ve tried before (a dumb question, but just to put it out there)? If you did, then the expense and labor was worth it.

Another thing. Zymol has an absolutely powerful sheen, but its best talents (as you may know now) are its clarity, the depth of reflection, and its color rendering ability. I would advise you not to be too much in a hurry to cake on layers of the zymol. I would accumulate the layers slowly, while keeping the paint clean with an occasional mild qd. One or two rounds after your initial results should be quite a saliva producer. It definitely justifies its price with its performance.

As for Vintage (I think you may know my position on this), I would have some fun with Concours first just to see how liveable this wax is. The sheen by itself is as powerful as most of the other EGZymols (in fact, to this day my favorite opening shot whenever I post still shows my car with a good dosage of Concours). I would really put this wax to the test and observe it well in a variety of lighting settings. The range of Concours (and all of the Zymols) is very wide and visually satisfying!!!

Its been a long winter! Enjoy!!

Post Thanks / Like

I know it took forever, but it was worth the wait. I think it made it more exciting when I finnaly got to use it.
    I am going to wait till I wash the car again before I wax it. Its a garage queen and has been out once since i detailed it. It still looks awsome.

I agree with the aptical range. Its hard to explain but i agree. I guees its one of those thing you have to see to belive
    I plan on playing with some of the EG before I buy vintage. I was looking at getting Glasar as well as I know somone selling the old Ital for 99 bucks CDN. So I may try that.

Then one day when im not so broke I will get it.....I really want to try it now
    06 Nissan Altima 3.5SE

Post Thanks / Like

Well I won`t spoil the moment for you. I`d concentrate on the great qualities that Concours has to offer. When you`ve tried and compared concours and some of Zymol`s other lsps, then you (should) know that you are getting your money`s worth.

It is just amazing to see and compare Concours as well as the other EGZymols against your previous finish and other competing lsp finishes.

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought a new vehicle so I wanted to try some Zymol on it because 20 years ago it was my favorite wax so I went in my basement frig where I always keep my Zymol and I have a tub of Destiny that I have still have in there from about 15 years ago. I miss applying a wax by hand on a smooth perfectly clean paint job.
    This now will be Sundays project . I already polished and glazed and put a coat of FMJ, WGDGPS,and now it`s time for it`s Destinity.

Thread Information