The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Wipe on, walk away LSP`s

With all the hoopla, (Deservedly so) about the new Optimum Opti-Seal and the Zaino Clear Seal, I had a vague recollection of this type of product not necessarily being all that new.

It sure seems like the Johnson Wax Company tried something like this back in the 40`s or 50`s. I think I remember something called Johnson`s Car-Nu that was their cleaner wax and the WOWA might have been Johnson`s Car-Plate. Anyone else remember anything like this?

Another product that was shown on MOL a couple of years ago for it`s antique interest was called No-Rub Waterproof, Hard Finish for Automobiles. It was made by the Bailey Mfg. Co, Charlotte, NC.
    The instructions say to use a soft brush and apply it as heavily and as evenly as possible without causing it to run. This one I don`t remember at all.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wipe on, walk away LSP`s

A wipe on and walk away type sealant has been out for some time by a Japanese company. It`s very difficult to work with so Optimum and Zaino just made that technology more user friendly.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesW View Post
    With all the hoopla, (Deservedly so) about the new Optimum Opti-Seal and the Zaino Clear Seal, I had a vague recollection of this type of product not necessarily being all that new.

It sure seems like the Johnson Wax Company tried something like this back in the 40`s or 50`s. I think I remember something called Johnson`s Car-Nu that was their cleaner wax and the WOWA might have been Johnson`s Car-Plate. Anyone else remember anything like this?

Another product that was shown on MOL a couple of years ago for it`s antique interest was called No-Rub Waterproof, Hard Finish for Automobiles. It was made by the Bailey Mfg. Co, Charlotte, NC.
    The instructions say to use a soft brush and apply it as heavily and as evenly as possible without causing it to run. This one I don`t remember at all.

Charles
    Johnsons Carnu was a cleaner polish. Car Plate was a liquid straight wax similar to Simonize Body Guard. Both were pretty good in its day.

Post Thanks / Like

You wiped on Car Plate ,let dry and wiped off.

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Larry A View Post
    Johnsons Carnu was a cleaner polish. Car Plate was a liquid straight wax similar to Simonize Body Guard. Both were pretty good in its day.
    Since the hardware store in our little town only carried the Johnson`s products, our choices were somewhat limited. I seem to recall not liking the Car Plate at all and felt that the Car-Nu wasn`t all that great, either.
    My dad used Simoniz products that we bought at a Western Auto Store about 15 miles away.
    Being about 14 or 15 years old and knowing everything, (Amazing how much I have forgotten), I decided that Dupont #7 was the product for me. I think I used it until the Vista line was released by Simoniz and I used Vista pretty regularly until I got started with some of the Meguiar`s line. Even back then, I tried dozens of different brands and they probably alll performed about the same.
    The products of today are so much better that it really isn`t any comparison.

Charles

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think they stole the idea from Johnson Wax for floors...like it was said previously, i can remember my mother using stuff like that on the kitchen floor 40+ years ago
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Poorboy View Post
    I think they stole the idea from Johnson Wax for floors...like it was said previously, i can remember my mother using stuff like that on the kitchen floor 40+ years ago
    I hope you aren`t insinuating that both products are similar to Johnson floor wax. I can`t speak about OS as I haven`t used it but as for CS it is a top notch product in regards to application, gloss, wetness and durability.

I'm back YIPEE Refreshed! The Chee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Which one takes less time? Spray & wipe sealant/wax (eg OCW) vs ummmm Opti Seal? With OCW, I can do it pretty fast ,just wondering is there a need for a wipe on and walk away product in the first place. Have we become so lazy?
    A man has got to recognize his limitations, and then learn how to adapt within those confines. Then go out and conquer.

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Chee View Post
    Which one takes less time? Spray & wipe sealant/wax (eg OCW) vs ummmm Opti Seal? With OCW, I can do it pretty fast ,just wondering is there a need for a wipe on and walk away product in the first place. Have we become so lazy?
    Considering that using DG Aqua Wax takes about as long as using a quick detail spray, I tend to agree with your thinking.
    Even the conventional sealants are wipe on, let haze, wipe off, with no real effort. Even some of the carnauba waxes are wipe on, wipe off with no drying time required. The work, (and the results) seems to be in the polishing/prep stages.
    Having said how unnecessary the new Optimum Opti-Seal is, I have to admit that I`m in the process of putting together an order to Troy that includes the OS.

Charles

I'm back YIPEE Refreshed! The Chee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesW View Post
    Having said how unnecessary the new Optimum Opti-Seal is, I have to admit that I`m in the process of putting together an order to Troy that includes the OS.

Charles
    must collect them all!
    A man has got to recognize his limitations, and then learn how to adapt within those confines. Then go out and conquer.

Post Thanks / Like

Charles,

I, and certainly others, would be interested in your opinion on the Opti Seal once you have had time to evaluate it.

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RTexasF View Post
    Charles,

I, and certainly others, would be interested in your opinion on the Opti Seal once you have had time to evaluate it.
    As you probably have noticed;
    1. I`m not much into the review thing.
    2. I`m not hesitant about giving an opinion.
    3. I`ll probably never know about the durability since I never leave things alone that long.

I will definitely post my thoughts on the product. Since it was just ordered today, it might be a week or so.

Charles

Thread Information