Thread: Ebay Find!

All About The Bling Bling TrueDetailer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Ebay Find!

Was checking out ebay earlier for detailing stuff and came across this deal.

eBay Motors: Auto Detailing - (5) 200 Gram Medium Grade Clay Bars (item 230100487979 end time Mar-11-07 21:26:27 PDT)

5 200 gram bars for 35 bucks shipped to your door. It costs me 35 for 2 bars from automagic. Has anyone ever bought from this guy? I`m thinking of buying some cause you just can`t beat that deal.

I'm FloridaNative on AG Jen@autogeek's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ebay Find!

Quote Originally Posted by TrueDetailer View Post
    Was checking out ebay earlier for detailing stuff and came across this deal.

eBay Motors: Auto Detailing - (5) 200 Gram Medium Grade Clay Bars (item 230100487979 end time Mar-11-07 21:26:27 PDT)

5 200 gram bars for 35 bucks shipped to your door. It costs me 35 for 2 bars from automagic. Has anyone ever bought from this guy? I`m thinking of buying some cause you just can`t beat that deal.

That is a good deal. Never bought from this seller, but he has a 100% feedback rating. I say go for it.
    Sometimes I lie awake at night, and I ask, "Where have I gone wrong?"
    Then a voice says to me, "This is going to take more than one night."

Post Thanks / Like

A few guys from another forum purchased a few gray clay bars from ebay with no problem,iirc the gray clay is on par with many of the clay bars you see available..

Post Thanks / Like

I bought 5 bars from him a while back. Got them in 3 or 4 days. Most of the clay work I do is maintenence on regular customers and I use the Green Sonus for that. I had some Medium grade that I used for the cars that needed more than the green could provide. I thought medium was too aggressive so was looking for something inbetween. The ebay clay fit the bill fine for me. I have used it a few times and felt it worked well. To date I`ve had no problems with marring. I think someone else mentioned they got some marring but I am not 100% sure.

Post Thanks / Like

$7 for a 200g bar is a really good deal. It seems like clay is clay these days... so I`m sure the quality is what you`d expect from clay these days.

I actually just bought some good yellow clay for $9 each which I thought was a good deal (it is because it`s the good erazer stuff but is sold out from the source I bought it from).
    "Whether you think you can or think you can`t - you are right " -Henry Ford

Post Thanks / Like

Since all clay comes from one of two manufactuers, it is safe to say that most clay is pretty similar. It is either elastic or plastic.

Pharo- Would you say this clay is more like Meguiar`s clay or Clay Magic? Meguiar`s is plastic and Clay Magic is elastic. I`m more of a fan of the elastic type.

I think I`m going to keep an eye on that. Clay is something I go through a lot of. It would be nice to have a few bars handy. Thanks for showing me that! I`ve never thought to look for detailing clay on ebay. I bought a case of CD2 from a guy last year as well as a case of Prestone carpet cleaner a few years before that. I check for detailing supplies once in awhile, but I`ve never noticed clay.

Post Thanks / Like

The seller has been selling that particular clay for sometime it would be nice to hear some opinions from someone who has used this clay or thinking about purchasing some from the seller, hint..hint

Post Thanks / Like

I purchased one and found it to be very agressive.

Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

The purple clay they often sell on ebay I have used. It is very aggressive, and I only use it for light coloured vehicles.
    This grey clay looks also like what I`ve used, and it is equivalent to the AM Blue clay--if it is the same thing.
    Brenton Dickieson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jngrbrdman View Post
    Pharo- Would you say this clay is more like Meguiar`s clay or Clay Magic? Meguiar`s is plastic and Clay Magic is elastic. I`m more of a fan of the elastic type.
    Although I`ve used a lot of clay, I`ve never used Meguiar`s. I`ve used a few Clay Magic bars (not the medium), Green Sonus, Gray Sonus, Purple Shiner Monkey, a lot of the clay from TOL (years ago which I think was blue). Only bars I ever had much of problem with marring were the Purple Shiner Monkey bars which were medium grade. The clay on ebay that I got works much the same as all of the clay I`ve used. Exceptions are the Purple Shiner Monkey which was more aggressive and the Green Sonus which is less aggressive. I need to pick up one of the Meguiars to see the difference. Is this the Meguiars that you can find in the small kits locally? lWhich other clays are similar to the Meguairs?

Hail the power of Quattro audiboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

As far as the price goes, it looks like a great deal. I`d like to see it in manufactures wrapping if I were to purchase it though.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a soldier.

Seeking the perfect shine C_Rock77's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

So, who has tried this clay out?

Post Thanks / Like

I have ordered from the vendor and it is a med. type bar, which is what I needed. Good vendor, good product.

Thread Information