Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Leader of the Banned windsor the troll's Avatar
    I would have gotten away with it again if it wasn't for you meddling kids! ;)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here is the cheapest place I have found for a PC AND accessories(pad, counterweight included) ONLY $119!!!

http://www.coastaltool.com/cgi-bin/S...b65+1049109253

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ive been looking at CMA for a PC. My problem is that I keep saying "Hey! I need to get some of that!" or " That looks intresting"

Detailing is a curse, a curse I love to have!
    http://tassadar.ezekial.net

Post Thanks / Like
    Tass - you keep thinking you need "this and that" because you aren`t getting the results you want by hand. Once you get the PC, you will be able to get great results with ANY decent SWR and wax so you won`t be searching for the magic bullet product. I used to buy every product too, but once I got my PC I basically settled into Poorboys Pro Polish and EX. It gives me just about everything I need. If I use anything else, it`s only to correct a problem or use up what I have.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all, newbie here...

I just bought the PC 7336 (with foam pad), at Lowes for $109.00...I had to pay tax, but, saved money by not having to pay for shipping. I then spent just as much on the velcro backing plate, pads, compounds, etc. as I did for the PC.

I just got a new `03 F-150 King Ranch and can`t wait to go to work on it with the PC!

This looks like a great forum with loads of good information!

Boss_429
    Originally posted by bobc

I just got a new `03 F-150 King Ranch and can`t wait to go to work on it with the PC!

This looks like a great forum with loads of good information!
    bobc,

Congrats on both the new KR, and the PC (and goodies). Love those KR`s.............. what color did you get?

Shine? That's not a shine Cujo31's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Bobc

That is a great price for the PC You are going to love it.

Cujo
    John ( aka Cujo31 )
    Custom Car Care LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the welocme guys!

Boss: I got the black / tan...I`m not thrilled with the paint job...this truck had been on the lot for a long time. It had a dime sized chip on the roof and a nice scratch on the hood and rear 1/4 pannel, so I had the dealer repaint those areas. They did a decent job, but the paint needs some work, not to mention all the plastic trim is faded. I wouldn`t have bought it if I didn`t get a real nice price on it. That and the fact I had been driving a `96 isuzu hombre for the last 4 years, ANYTHING would have seemed like a improvement

Boss_429
    Ummmmmm.......... the black and tan will look great once you get her all cleaned up!

Get something on that vinyl trim as soon as you can!

Post Thanks / Like
    Just be sure to read this article before you start and you should be in great shape-

Using the PC

Post Thanks / Like
    Ace: Thanks for the link...Excellent "how to"!!! Hopefully my pads will be here this week and I can put that info to good use. I was wanting to play with the PC, so I used the pad that came with it and some flat top oven glass cleaner and buffed the top of my stove...it worked awesome! It usually takes me 15 - 20 minutes to clean the top by hand and when I`m done, my hand is killing me...with the PC, it took about 5 min and came out perfect.

Post Thanks / Like
    ANY update?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Tassadar
    Yeah the Z-1 took forever to haze. Plus it smelled like death in a bottle.
    I don`t mean to harp on an a side issue here, but you don`t need to wait for Z-1 to haze. Just apply Z-1 and then start applying Z polish right on top of it, regardless of whether or not it`s dry.

I`ve done a lot of side by side tests myself with a variety of products and quite honestly, I`ve almost never been able to tell much of a difference in shine.

Wherever there is a mullet... I'll be there.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with Intermezzo. Most of the difference is perceived because you believe there must be a difference somewhere to justify the difference in cost. In the end I think that is where the primary difference is. People have been arguing about S100 and P21S trying to say that P21S looks better because it cost more. What a surprise... they are probably the same wax! lol

I think that some products will really be different when you are comparing apples to oranges. Zaino is going to look different than Gold Class or something like that. I would really like a test car do do with Poorboy`s, Zaino, Klasse, and Platinum and just see how many people can tell the difference or be able to name the product. lol

Post Thanks / Like
    I coud not agree with you more FUZZ everyone that I see posting here talks about a certain product giving more shine than others. Where I find that to be true with some most if done side by side would not be able to tell the diffrence.
    I`ve recently applied Crystal Cuard to my Jeep it looks great but then with the PB EX on it it looked great, it even looked that good with the Klasse that I had on it, so go figure.
    As fro Zaino if you put enough coats on any color its going to give you a deep shine, I got that with one coat of CG. I`m not endiring any product. One thing here that I do see a lot of is durablity of a product. For me it does nto matter I clean and protect my cars so much acid rain could not break threw the finish
    But for those that need durabily its good to know that we have some on here resting and reporting there findings

OK I`ll get off the soap box now:headbang
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Boss_429
    Well, I don`t know if I agree completely with the theory that there is not difference in shine between products. I agree that many products do look very similar, but some side by side testing I`ve done does show some differences. Like Fuzz said, it`s more specificaly, the difference between a vehicle done with a sealant like Zaino, Klasse, UPP, or BlackFire, vs a carnauba like P21S, TS, or Souveran.

Perhaps it`s overall "looks" that I`m refering to, rather than shine. Anyhow, I can pretty much spot a car done with a sealant....... same goes for a car done with a fine carnauba. Of course, much of the final look depends on what products were used as prep.

However, that`s just my opinion!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information