Thread: Adding AIO

Post Thanks / Like

Adding AIO

I am pretty squared away on my polishes and LSP, but I was curious about adding an AIO to my routine. In a nutshell, I usually wash, clay, polish (using SSR 1 & 2.5) and then do my LSP. My questions are:
    1.) Should I add an AIO type of product? Since I polish all the blemishes/swirls out with the SSRs, is there a need to add an AIO?

2.) If the paint is in good shape would it be a good idea to use an AIO product instead of the SSR polishes?

I am just looking for a recommended use for AIO. I am not concerned about which one is better (megs, Klasse, etc..), I am just not sure how to go about adding it to my routine and I am not sure what the benefits are to using it. Thanks for the help.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Adding AIO

I dont see the point in using an AIO product, if all the swirls are removed, the paint is cleaned with clay, and then an lsp is used i think and AIO would just be redundent.
    i know i used to use an AIO on cars i wanst doing heavy swirl removing on just becasue it did hdie some of the imperfections and added some protection, but these days i dont use alot of AIO
    06 Nissan Altima 3.5SE

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the explanation. I kind of thought an AIO may not be of a benefit when using SSR or other polishes.
    So would I basically only benefit from an AIO if I wasn`t going to use any SSR`s or similar polishes?

Post Thanks / Like

I like to use an AIO after I polish because of the chemical cleaning that most of them do. I`ve seen them remove some stains that a polish won`t, especially on light colored paint, and I also like the squeaky clean feel of the paint after using an AIO.

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceAce
    I am pretty squared away on my polishes and LSP, but I was curious about adding an AIO to my routine. In a nutshell, I usually wash, clay, polish (using SSR 1 & 2.5) and then do my LSP. My questions are:
    1.) Should I add an AIO type of product? Since I polish all the blemishes/swirls out with the SSRs, is there a need to add an AIO?
    No there would be no need for an AIO in this case

2.) If the paint is in good shape would it be a good idea to use an AIO product instead of the SSR polishes?
    You could use one here as a maintence for light marring and re-prepping

I am just looking for a recommended use for AIO. I am not concerned about which one is better (megs, Klasse, etc..), I am just not sure how to go about adding it to my routine and I am not sure what the benefits are to using it. Thanks for the help.
    The benefit is mostly for those who are working on other peoples cars and don`t have the time to do the two prep steps you already do. Some people do use AIO`s as a set-up to another LSP to do some minor hiding and to add a little bit more protection, depending on the AIO.
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CalgaryDetail
    I dont see the point in using an AIO product, if all the swirls are removed, the paint is cleaned with clay, and then an lsp is used i think and AIO would just be redundent.
    i know i used to use an AIO on cars i wanst doing heavy swirl removing on just becasue it did hdie some of the imperfections and added some protection, but these days i dont use alot of AIO
    I find this interesting.... what is your process going to be when you use a cleansing lotion? Clay, polish, lotion, LSP?? When the swirls are gone and paint is cleaned... that seems redundant to me as well. Now if an AIO or cleansing lotion were to be used as an LSP remover or paint prep before paint work, go for it.

SpaceAce- In your process SSR1 will be like your AIO minus the protection. On your last pass of SSR1 and a polishing or finishing pad, crank the PC up to #6 and move it a little faster than normal. This was a little tip I read a long time ago. It somehow adds nice look to the paint in some way or another.

I would add an AIO after polishing in a few instances. One, one client has products for me to use and one is the P21s paintwork cleanser. One dark blue or black I would take the extra time to use some type of cleaner/very fine polish to clean the paint and try and get the best results, since they show everything. Or if I had some spare time I`d use it .
    "Whether you think you can or think you can`t - you are right " -Henry Ford

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by budman3
    I find this interesting.... what is your process going to be when you use a cleansing lotion? Clay, polish, lotion, LSP?? When the swirls are gone and paint is cleaned... that seems redundant to me as well. Now if an AIO or cleansing lotion were to be used as an LSP remover or paint prep before paint work, go for it.
    i am going to use that process yes, but i have found that cleansing lotions do more then just clean the paint, they give it a greater deapth, much the same way, i assume a glaze would (has some thing to do with the oils). I find the cleansing lotion gives me more of the look I want. Hense why i use it. If i used it to clean the paint then yes it would be redunendt but i use it for visial effect not cleaning ability
    06 Nissan Altima 3.5SE

Thread Information