Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: chemical guys

Post Thanks / Like

Re: chemical guys

HI
    Had a great deal of success with products especially the interior cleaners, worked well with extractor. Also like the waxes and polishes, they are worth the money. Shipping was a little slower, other than that ok.

detail-a-holic
    Post Thanks / Like

No one has ever tried the butter wax? They claim it`s the wettest wax available... like nothing else. But I would be led to believe if this is their premier product, it would also be produced and used by other companies. Their advertising on the website makes everything sound like Jesus came down to formulate for them... hyperbole maybe, but butter wax feedback anyone?
    I`m on a five year plan... for a Cervini C-500, lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Ray Smith View Post
    No one has ever tried the butter wax? They claim it`s the wettest wax available... like nothing else. But I would be led to believe if this is their premier product, it would also be produced and used by other companies. Their advertising on the website makes everything sound like Jesus came down to formulate for them... hyperbole maybe, but butter wax feedback anyone?
    Yup, tried it but I`m not the best person to give you a review. I like paste waxes, period. It just wasn`t that special, short lived and like so many other liquid waxes, not bad but not good enough to go back for seconds. If I were driving I would probably steer you towards Liquid Souveran or even Megs #26 (harder to work with because it stains) if you`re set on a liquid wax.

There are so many good waxes out there. If you do the prep, you`ll walk away feeling pretty good about the results. Now in my very biased opionion, if you`re looking for a "wet" carnauba, look at Souveran Paste.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

I does look good, but VERY short-lived. When I used it I got maybe 2-3 weeks out of it. I`m not using it any more.

Post Thanks / Like

The Butter Wet wax is a good looking product....it is wet looking..but very short lived....maybe 3 weeks tops....it looks very nice over a glaze like the EZ creme glaze or even the new Poorboys glazes....

I found that 2 coats gives the best look....

now some of the CG products are very good like thier cleaners (APC`s) and some tire stuff....the jetseal 109 is not worth the money ..lasts about 8 weeks tops and falls down after that....I find the M seal lasts longer and looks better in my opinion...

the waxes are nice also...Petes 53 and 50/50

AL
    2004 Ford Ranger 4x4
    Bright Red
    My PitBull Rides Shotgun

detail-a-holic
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, the Butter Wax is a liquid and I know where you`re coming from since paste (I receive a sample of the Souveran last week from an AG member) is superior, but aside from Butter Wax, what are your thoughts on glazes, especially the creme glaze CG offers? I`ve tried the Meg`s glaze, amazing - but I am always on the lookout for something to replace and enhance my current product line...

Really, my main focus throughout all of detailing is glazes, waxes, and QD`s - since most/all of my personal work and for clients reveolves around paint work, not interior or chrome polish etc.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    Yup, tried it but I`m not the best person to give you a review. I like paste waxes, period. It just wasn`t that special, short lived and like so many other liquid waxes, not bad but not good enough to go back for seconds. If I were driving I would probably steer you towards Liquid Souveran or even Megs #26 (harder to work with because it stains) if you`re set on a liquid wax.

There are so many good waxes out there. If you do the prep, you`ll walk away feeling pretty good about the results. Now in my very biased opionion, if you`re looking for a "wet" carnauba, look at Souveran Paste.

detail-a-holic
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brace1 View Post
    I does look good, but VERY short-lived. When I used it I got maybe 2-3 weeks out of it. I`m not using it any more.
    Well actually, that`s what I was looking for - something explosive and deep - EVEN if it means it only lasts for a few days or weeks. Simply the most dramatic depth creation, when applied as a sealant/glaze/wax order..... would you think this, or something else would meet that purpose?

Post Thanks / Like

Well actually, that`s what I was looking for - something explosive and deep - EVEN if it means it only lasts for a few days or weeks. Simply the most dramatic depth creation, when applied as a sealant/glaze/wax order..... would you think this, or something else would meet that purpose?
    Gotta vote, something else. Otherwise it would mean I think this is the best looking product on the market and I don`t. When you talk about Glazes and Waxes, you are talking about two different product categories. Sometimes these terms seem to be used synonymously or interchangeably. The easiest way I`ve found to understand the terminology is to think of it as a wax offers protection, a glaze doesn`t. That said, some of the new glazes offer limited protection. Most glazes contain significant amounts of "fillers", a glaze without a topper may only last hours as the solvents evaporate and the fillers disappear. Some glazes contain abrasives, some don`t. Once again you will find some manufactures that refer to their last step product (LSP) as a glaze. That`s the exception rather than the rule. "ButterWax is a carnauba wax", an LSP and in my opinion not the best looking one on the market. As far as glazes go, I quite like WolfGang`s and Pinnacle`s. Pinnacle says you can use theirs as an LSP but I haven`t tried it. I am going to try PoorBoy`s BlackHole and WhiteDiamonds. I`ve read good reviews and quite like the line. I think I`ve already mentioned some of my favorite waxes.

Wolfgang Finishing Glaze 3.0 New Formula - New Arrivals

Pinnacle XMT Carnauba Finishing Glaze 12oz - Pinnacle XMT Series

Poorboy’s World White Diamond Show Glaze for Light Vehicles - One-Step Cleaner Waxes & Sealants

Poorboy`s World Black Hole Show Glaze for Dark Colored Cars - One-Step Cleaner Waxes & Sealants

I`ve probably made this as clear as mud and this probably raises more questions than it answers but glazes is an area that doesn`t have a well defined standard between manufacturer`s. That`s about all I can say about that.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

detail-a-holic
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much Gearhead - awesome info. I guess with a glaze, I was looking for something that filled and nourished as much as possible before locking it on with a great Pinnacle Sov etc wax.

Thanks for all the information - if it helps, I have a red vehicle, so the paint can be prepared to be very dramatic, but... since I`m so new to everything, I wanted to make sure I was using the best to get the best look. I know there is no such thing as `best` since it`s subjective, but when it comes down to a lot of these smaller boutique companies it seem like everything is 10 steps better than the rest!

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to help. There are many quality over the counter products but in most cases I`ve ended up with one of the boutique products as my favorite. The biggest exception to this is when talking about sealants. AquaWax has fit my bill about as well as any other and it`s price right.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

can anyone comment on the chemical guys Citrus Wash & Gloss Synthetic Citrus Based Hyper-Wash+GLOSS.... If used `extra stength", I`ve been told it will remove old wax... does that apply to removing sealant as well? I`m thinking to use this instead of a dawn type wash before a complete detail on my daily driver to remove the old sealant before a clay and seal... or would claying remove sealant as well?

Post Thanks / Like

CG Citrus wash will strip off waxes and sealants if used according to label on container. Claying IMO takes off a majority of your LSP but leaves a little behind.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Booboo! Welcome to the forum.

I just (today) received my first order from CG. I`ve yet to open the box, but the Citrus wash should be in there! I`m looking forward to trying it. From what I`ve heard/read it is good to use to strip everything. I assume it would be better than using Dawn.

2015 Nissan Pathfinder, Platinum
    2012 Fiat 500 Sport
    2010 Mazda CX-7 iSport
    2000 Nissan Frontier XE

"Life`ll Kill Ya" - Warren Zevon

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the welcome.... been lurking for a few weeks - just registered last night...
    I`ve been using the CG citrus wash and gloss for just over a year washing my daily driver each weekend... i like it a lot on the tires and rims as it really eats away at the brake dust that builds up... I`ve always been very careful not to use too much as I`ve heard the stories of people stripping off most of their wax which makes the car look like it has water spots... used as directed, I`ve enjoyed the shine, but then again I`m still learning what all of you are capable of doing - so it`s time to take it up a notch....

detail-a-holic
    Post Thanks / Like

I`ve really been interested in CG as well, but I`ve got to use up the seemingly endless amount of other products I still have from years past...

We`d love to hear the feedback on the wash etc... thanks

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information