Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

Revolutionary product review (copy and paste)

Zaino Clear Seal (CS)

This past October I attended a Corvette Show in New York. Sal Zaino was at the show, and I had a chance to meet him in person. After a half-hour chat two things stood out; Sal has a passion for cars and his product line up. He’s a human database of information.

I couldn’t resist the opportunity, so I asked Sal about products ‘in development’. He smiled, changed topics for a bit, and led me to his car. A moment later he appeared with a 1oz bottle of his latest invention. He called it ‘Clear Seal’. I was intrigued by this, but what he said next floored me.

Sal Claimed the following ‘Clear Seal’ Characteristics:

* ‘Wipe-On –N- Walk Away’. CS is a self curing ‘transparent’ sealer and does not require a final wipe down. It dries clean, and leaves no residue on the surface.

* Looks on par with Z5Pro.

* Improved Slickness vs. Z5Pro

* Optionally, CS can be applied over an existing sealer or carnauba LSP. Zaino is not required as a base, but your mileage will vary when using other products. (CS was designed to work best within the Zaino line-up). This is a subjective area, and something you will have to try for yourself.

* Does not require zfx.

* Clear Seal is a Hydropholic product meaning that it repells water well, but moisture / humidity during application can impact drying times, and in extreme cases produce a light film after the product has dried. This condition is easily resolved with a Z6 QD wipe down.

* Can be used on paint, trim, lighting, wheels, chrome, hard plastic molding, and interior wood trim.

After a demo of CS, I stood there shaking my head in amazement. The concept and technology behind CS is far more advanced than any other detailing product that I’ve seen.
    Here’s a Quick Overview of My Testing:

*Test Vehicles: 2 SUV’s, 2 Mini-Vans, 2 Full Size Truck, and 3 Cars.

- I should note that I called Sal after trying the initial sample and BEGGED for another 1 oz. So a total of 2oz covered the above test vehicles.

Packaging, Look and Feel, Application:
    My first CS sample came in a 1oz bottle, very similar to the ones shipped with zfx.

My second sample was packaged in a 1oz bottle with an ‘atomized fine mist’ spray head.

CS doesn’t have any noticeable odor.

CS is a clear liquid, resembling water. I applied a drop on my finger tip, and it was very slick –almost oily feeling.

I’ve applied CS in multiple climate conditions ranging from 34-80 degrees, damp weather, fog, full sun, and shade.

Use a new/unused dry applicator on dry paint (this is key).

The Zaino applicator or a MF applicator work best for me. Do not use a previously washed applicator, or one that has been used to apply another product. You want to start with a new ‘virgin’ applicator, and store it in a zip lock bag between uses. If you pick up some dirt, etc… retire the applicator for other duties.

1-2 mists per panel will cover a small/midsized vehicle. Oversized vehicles (Trucks, SUV’s) will require a bit more.

Wipe CS from front to back on top panels (hood, roof, trunk), and up and down on your vertical panels (doors, fenders). Work a section at a time, using a few passes per section covered.
    CS begins drying as soon as it’s released from the sprayer.

CS can be used on your paint, trim, lighting, wheels, chrome, hard plastic molding, and interior wood trim.

DO NOT apply to wet or damp paint.

If you are planning to use Z8, wait until AFTER you apply CS. Z8 is very concentrated, and tends to interfere with CS.

If you have any polish or sealer residue left on your paint, it will cause CS to produce a film that will require a Z6 (or other) QD wipe down.

As I noted earlier, work in CS with several passes per section. You don’t want to saturate your applicator or over-mist an area as this can lead to longer drying times, and potentially leave you with a mild residue that will require a final wipe down.

Dry Time: In temps above 65 degrees, CS dries ‘optically clear’ in ~ 15 minutes (sometimes a little more, and sometimes a little less). In colder temps, CS takes ~ 30 minutes or longer.

********** PAY ATTENTION **********

Key Points:

Start with a NEW / DRY applicator. If you use an applicator that has been washed, or used to apply previous products, detergent and/or product residue will transfer to your paint, and the surface will dry ‘cloudy’. A Z6 QD will remove the residue.

Allow CS sufficient dry time.

If it’s damp, humid (i.e. high moisture content in the air) seal with Z2 or Z5 Pro and follow up with a coat of CS another day when the humidity conditions are lower.

********** END **********
    I’ve experienced a few isolated incidents where CS dries and leaves behind a faint haze/film, similar to wiping off your paint with a wet towel and letting it air dry. A Z6 QD cleans up the haze with very little effort.

Application/Testing: What Polishes and LSP Have I Used With CS?
    * Prep polishes used during testing: Menzerna, BF, 3M, AIO, ZPC .

* CS applied directly over LSP’s: Natty’s, PS, S100, FK-PW, 4* UPP, BF, Z5Pro, Z2Pro.

* Z6, #425, S&W, ISO wipe, and distilled water were all used to wipe down the paint before CS was applied. I prefer using Z6, but all of these products work.

I found this on another website. I am not the reviewer.

TheDetailingHandBook.com Mikeyc's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Revolutionary product review (copy and paste)

An interesting product development. Not enough to get me to switch to Zaino though as I imagine it still looks like . . . well Zaino which is not the look I am striving for. I think I read on another website that Optimum is testing a similar product.

Post Thanks / Like

Great news. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GBG TL
    Great news. Thanks.
    Considering that you already knew about the product

From Autopia "breaking Zaino news" thread Post # 19
    GBG TL

GBG TL is on a distinguished road

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Scottwax
    Same here.

LOL. Look here gents.

Z-CS Clear Seal: Zaino Store
    Z-AIO All-in-one: Zaino Store

It`s in the works and coming soon.

What I took note of is this, from the `other` site:

"So much for the naysayers that don`t like mixing up zfx and spending the extra step/30 seconds. Sal just removed TWO steps from your LSP! "

Oh yea!! This is simply amazing news!
    I am rather curious on what you are thankful for????

Post Thanks / Like

Wannafbody, may I ask who the reviewer is?

I will take then that you are unable to answer any questions about this "revolutionary" product, about easy of use or longevity or appearance...

"J"

Wherever there is a mullet... I'll be there.
    Post Thanks / Like

The shills are back in town!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaybs95
    I am rather curious on what you are thankful for????
    He`s thankful that the shills are here so he can bump some Zaino threads. That`s what he does. Like a good neighbor, he is there to bump your Zaino threads.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Fuzz
    is that a song like the boys are back in town?
    06 Nissan Altima 3.5SE

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CalgaryDetail
    is that a song like the boys are back in town?
    Bingo!

Post Thanks / Like

Huh?

The last time I checked I belonged to DC too.

What`s wrong with saying `Great News. Thanks`?

Post Thanks / Like

Just out of curosity... isnt this the seam thread that was recently locked. The info look similar, not to be an ass, but if it was closed one, why would it stay unlocked this time? call me crazy but it dosent seam logical
    06 Nissan Altima 3.5SE

Post Thanks / Like

It`s in response to a thread that was started by wannafbody... The same identical one that was posted on Autopia, or do you need a link to remind you.

As for you being a member, you most certainly are and are entitled to your opinion, but I also find it a little odd that about 90% of your posts are only about Zaino products or Zaino related topics

JMHO
    "J"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Fuzz

Ahhh, A mullet classic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaybs95
    It`s in response to a thread that was started by wannafbody... The same identical one that was posted on Autopia, or do you need a link to remind you.

As for you being a member, you most certainly are and are entitled to your opinion, but I also find it a little odd that about 90% of your posts are only about Zaino products or Zaino related topics

JMHO
    "J"
    I won`t take the time to do the math, but I`ve posted about Poorboys, WG, Foam Guns, AIO, Menzerna, as well as Zaino.

Why am I being singled out?

I don`t treat others on the board this way, and really don`t appreciate this kind of a reaction from the moderators.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GBG TL
    I don`t treat others on the board this way, and really don`t appreciate this kind of a reaction from the moderators.
    Well I don`t appreciate the reaction that I get from shills either. It`s time to start showing some love.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information