Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Revolutionary product review (copy and paste)

I have always been amazed by how much Zaino discussions / boarder line arguments this product can stir up.
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Wherever there is a mullet... I'll be there.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaybs95
    I would be kind of curious to see what the reaction would be if someone (not the reviewer) did a cut and paste of Poorboys new PwS over at the detailersclub (where Sal is a sponsor) without being able to answer any questions.
    How do you think the Admins and mods would react of there???

Why don`t you feel free to do that and let us know what the response is

"J"
    I can see it now...

BREAKING POORBOYS NEWS!

I met Poorboy Steve at a car show and the first thing I noticed is what an awesome person he was and how well he smelled....

Then Steve, with a twinkle in his eye and a spring in his step, took me over to his secret stash where he showed me a new product he was having his chemist develop. I asked, no begged and I pleaded for just an ounce of this wonderful new elixir........ You guys can finish the rest of this story and then we can get some people to go around the internet copying and pasting the BREAKING NEWS on all of the forums.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

I would be kind of curious to see what the reaction would be if someone (not the reviewer) did a cut and paste of Poorboys new PwS over at the detailersclub (where Sal is a sponsor) without being able to answer any questions.
    How do you think the Admins and mods would react of there???

Why don`t you feel free to do that and let us know what the response is

"J"

I`ve never used PWS- I did however receive a sample of EX-with carnauba(older version) from someone which I tried. I found it diffiuclt to apply smoothly. It looked nice but no better than Tropicare or Mothers Reflections and had similar durability to those products. Certainly no slouch but IMO it isn`t in the same leaque as Zaino. Price per ounce is less than Zaino tho.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Fuzz
    I can see it now...

BREAKING POORBOYS NEWS!

I met Poorboy Steve at a car show and the first thing I noticed is what an awesome person he was and how well he smelled....

Then Steve, with a twinkle in his eye and a spring in his step, took me over to his secret stash where he showed me a new product he was having his chemist develop. I asked, no begged and I pleaded for just an ounce of this wonderful new elixir........ You guys can finish the rest of this story and then we can get some people to go around the internet copying and pasting the BREAKING NEWS on all of the forums.
    I take it you don`t seem to think that a non hazing sealant is revolutionary? Do you also prefer carnauba waxes from the stone age?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody
    I`ve never used PWS- I did however receive a sample of EX-with carnauba(older version) from someone which I tried. I found it diffiuclt to apply smoothly. It looked nice but no better than Tropicare or Mothers Reflections and had similar durability to those products. Certainly no slouch but IMO it isn`t in the same leaque as Zaino. Price per ounce is less than Zaino tho.
    From what I have read you have`nt used Zaino Clear Seal (CS) either... but yet that didn`t seem to stop you from copying and pasting a review...So what is the difference???

"J"

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

From what I have read you have`nt used Zaino Clear Seal (CS) either... but yet that didn`t seem to stop you from copying and pasting a review...So what is the difference???

"J"

So you have an issue with copying and pasting someone elses review Then you guys call the original DC member who reviewed the product a shill I just find it somewhat amazing that you will go out of your way to discredit your own forum members. Why not try to discredit the product or the manufacturer

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TexasTB
    Have you been hanging out with rabbi
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like

So you have an issue with copying and pasting someone elses review Then you guys call the original DC member who reviewed the product a shill I just find it somewhat amazing that you will go out of your way to discredit your own forum members. Why not try to discredit the product or the manufacturer
    Wow! You would be a great golfer with the way you can put the spin on things.

You aren`t confused. You are trying to turn things around when it was plain to see the connection between GBG-TL, mgm2003, Greg Cavi and of course you are right here in the thick of things. Guess what, it`s not going to work for you.

You obviously have an agenda here and you generally only post in threads that help you achieve your purpose.

Then when confronted, you try to turn things around and paint a picture that does not exsist.

Post Thanks / Like

wannafbody:
    Is there a reason that you cannot supply me with a direct answer?

I asked why don`t you do the same regarding PwS at another board and you responded that you hadn`t tried the product. But you haven`t tried Zaino`s new product either...
    So once again... What is the difference

As for cutting and pasting someone elses review, yes I do have an issue, because you can not answer questions that might arise.

Again..Show me where I said that anyone was a shill. If person is a member then why did they not post the review here themselves.

"J"

Post Thanks / Like

Is there a reason that you cannot supply me with a direct answer?

I asked why don`t you do the same regarding PwS at another board and you responded that you hadn`t tried the product. But you haven`t tried Zaino`s new product either...
    So once again... What is the difference

As for cutting and pasting someone elses review, yes I do have an issue, because you can not answer questions that might arise.

Again..Show me where I said that anyone was a shill. If person is a member then why did they not post the review here themselves.

"J"
    Hey "J",

When he did the copy and paste all over the internet, I don`t remember him giving credit to the source. I also don`t know if he obtained permission to go posting this BREAKING NEWS all over the place! LOL

So either he did so without permission while not giving credit to the source or he did so in collaboration with the source who`s neighbor just so happened to wander in after not posting for a few months just to bump the thread and start the artificial hype.

Don`t expect a straight answer out of that guy, all you will get is spin as he tries to turn things around and point a finger at you.

This just isn`t worth wasting anymore of our time over.

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

This just isn`t worth wasting anymore of our time over.
    That`s probably the truest statement of the entire thread.

Just a few quick comments.
    This concept isn`t all that new.
    Johnson wax company tried a similar product back in the 1950`s. I belive it was called "Car Plate". Wipe on, wipe off, no rubbing, no buffing.
    It bombed big time.
    Another wipe on, wipe off product is also available from one of the dealer only suppliers and I have no idea how it works for them.
    Chances are that Zaino will have their act together when it is released, but I doubt that any other manufacturers need to worry about it driving them out of business. Their previous products didn`t.
    And yes, I have used Zaino, but not any of the -pro series. I bit into the hype once on a Corvette forum. Not again, no matter how good someone says it is.

Charles

All About The Bling Bling TrueDetailer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I take it you don`t seem to think that a non hazing sealant is revolutionary? Do you also prefer carnauba waxes from the stone age?
    I do not. So it dries clear big woop. If you put too much on you still have to wipe it off wether it dries clear or not, its still there. ALl this is, Is a out of sight out of mind product. And you people are going nuts over it.

TheDetailingHandBook.com Mikeyc's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Charles. This thread is way beyond the point of valuable reading material. It`s simply an on-line argument at this point. But, I`ll add some thoughts anyway.

The one redeeming point was this hilarious post . . .

I can see it now...

BREAKING POORBOYS NEWS!

It`s extremely rare to see any positive talk about non-Zaino products at the other DC. The mods over there don`t have to delete posts because all the members do the censorship for them. Post a positive statement about a non-Zaino product and the members will be all over you like white on rice in a glass of milk on a paper plate in a snow storm. Just because the mods don`t censor doesn`t make it a more "open" forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Beemerboy
    I have always been amazed by how much Zaino discussions / boarder line arguments this product can stir up.
    Personally, I feel like there is a product out there that`s right for you. However, the one for you may not be the one for me. So, I`ve never had an issue with someone wanting to use Zaino. I`ve seen Zaino results first hand and they`re not what I`m looking for. Sure it`s long lasting and easy to apply but if it looks undesirable from my perspective how is that an advantage? I don`t even really have that much of a problem with the hype it receives. Whenver I read an opinion on a forum I take it as that . . . an opinion and I take it with a grain of salt. What does irk me though is when Zaino users say that everything is a "dinosaur" or "obsolete." These claims can only be described at best as ludicrous.

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Just for consideration.
    1. This was wannafbody`s thread.
    2. The thread seems to have no useful purpose. (did it ever?)
    3. Wannafbody has been banned so he won`t be posting in it anymore.
    4. Would it be considered censorship if the thread was closed?

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesW
    Just for consideration.
    1. This was wannafbody`s thread.
    2. The thread seems to have no useful purpose. (did it ever?)
    3. Wannafbody has been banned so he won`t be posting in it anymore.
    4. Would it be considered censorship if the thread was closed?

Charles
    This forums do have the ability to close threads for a good reason. It certainly isn`t a Detail City exclusive.

Sure, you will get some members that cry foul when a thread is locked but usually the members that are here to learn and share in productive conversation will generally be very understanding when a member is banned from the community or when a thread is closed so it will fade away into the archives and make room for quality threads to appear on the homepage.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread Information