Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up DP 4-in-1 Rinseless Wash Review

Today, I finally decided to take the plunge and test out the DP 4-in-1 Rinseless wash (thanks Meghan & Max). After seeing Justin`s (& others) results, I trusted it enough to do it myself. We`ve had a lot of rain lately so the car was fairly dirty. You would have thought that being in Indiana we`d be seeing snow right now but no, all rain so far.

Anyway, I mixed up a 4 gallons of warm water & 4 ounces of DP solution. I wanted to make sure that I had enough cleaning solution since it was my first time and since the car was probably dirtier than it should be for this type of wash. I also mixed the DP solution in a bottle of water, along with a couple drops of NXT shampoo (I love this stuff). I sprayed the solution on each panel prior to washing. I went through 1.5 bottles over the entire car. I used a Meg`s sheepskin wash mitt on the paint and on the wheels I used a microfiber towel that is now dedicated to wheels. If you notice, it did a heck of a job on the wheels.

Overall, I am very pleased with the end results. I will say, one of the keys to this process is to have a really good drying towel. The whole process took me about 35 minutes, and that was taking my time to make sure that I didn`t induce any marring or anything of that nature. There`s no sun today so the pictures aren`t the greatest. Once again, being in Indiana, you can never count on Sun through the winter months.

BTW, please disregard the door ding in the drivers door. A couple weeks ago a co-working parked about 1 foot away from my car and hit my door with his as he got out. What was worse was that I had parked in an area where there were about 8 other spots open that he could have parked in but instead he parked right up against my car. I`m still waiting for the insurance/repair shop to work it out so I can get it fixed.

Before Pics:

After Pics:

Questions/comments welcomed!

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: DP 4-in-1 Rinseless Wash Review

Looks great!
    The door ding might be a dentless repair project. Good shops can do a really good job.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Charles. Unfortunately, the guy that dinged my door really put his muscles into it. His door broke through the clear coat of my door so it not only has to be popped but the door has to be repainted.

Anyway, I can`t wait to get it fixed so I can detail the car again .

Post Thanks / Like

Did you QD the car afterwards or is the shine strictly from the 4 in 1? It does look really nice.

I'm FloridaNative on AG Jen@autogeek's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow!! It looks great and you`re right the wheels do look fantastic! That drives me absolutely insane what happened to you. I always park in the last spot and walk everywhere I go and almost every time when I come back to my car there are 10 open spaces and some beater parked right next to my baby. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR This drives me up the freaking wall! Whew, I think I had some pent up anger there. Sorry about the door ding. I`m glad that at least he is paying to fix it. Good luck with that and thanks for the write up and pics!
    Sometimes I lie awake at night, and I ask, "Where have I gone wrong?"
    Then a voice says to me, "This is going to take more than one night."

Post Thanks / Like

RtexasF,
    Thanks! That`s all DP 4-in-1, no quick detailer or anything afterwards.

Jen,
    Thanks! You sound exactly like me when it comes to parking. I hate parking near anything and then when people park next to me I get really annoyed. Since I posted last, I`ve had my car in the shop and the dent is all fixed. Looks new again, fortunately!

I'm FloridaNative on AG Jen@autogeek's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mshu7
    RtexasF,
    Thanks! That`s all DP 4-in-1, no quick detailer or anything afterwards.

Jen,
    Thanks! You sound exactly like me when it comes to parking. I hate parking near anything and then when people park next to me I get really annoyed. Since I posted last, I`ve had my car in the shop and the dent is all fixed. Looks new again, fortunately!

That`s great!! I know I take great strides to prevent any kind of damage to my car. I do daily inspections for bird bombs. Keep her cleaned and protected and always park in the last spot so I have a curb at least on one side of my car. I know after all of that effort to keep my baby in the best condition that I can that if I were to get a door ding from some junk heap that is parked next to me I would go absolutely ballistic! lol I`m a nice girl, but when it comes to my car I can get pretty emotional. lol I`m glad that everything worked out for you. It`s good to hear the stories that end well. Enjoy your ride.
    Sometimes I lie awake at night, and I ask, "Where have I gone wrong?"
    Then a voice says to me, "This is going to take more than one night."

2006 Accord V6 6spd Coupe Conundrum's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I`m the same way too. If only my Accord had the autoguns James Bond`s V12 did in Die Another Day...I figure that would prevent any door dents/damage in parking lots...lol. Seriously though I normally park far enough back that people wouldn`t park close to me as they wouldn`t want the walk.

My friends still think I`m crazy for keeping PB S&W and a microfiber in the trunk in case of bird strikes.

Post Thanks / Like

Last summer I parked at the Wal-Mart but I parked as far away as I could get from the building. It was way beyond the last parked cars. When I came out their was nothing parked within 200 feet of where I had parked except for a very old and badly rusted P.O.S. that was parked right up next to my car.

I bought a old bronco 4x4 it is old but runs good and when we go shopping at any of those places I drive it.
    This is the perfect solution it gets around good in the winter has room to haul whatever we buy and I don`t have to worry about it getting scratched.

Thread Information