Post Thanks / Like

Post Product Review: Poorboy`s Bug Microfiber Towel

About a month or so ago, Steve A.K.A. Pooroby PM’ed me asking if I’d like to try a “prototype” towel. I said sure, as I like being a guinea pig (actually I was quite flattered that he would want my opinions on a product). So here’s a few pics and a little write up of what I think of this new towel.

As I did receive this towel at no cost, I tried to be as fair and objective as I could with the review process. The fact that I have either good or bad opinions of this product are in no way biased by the fact that I received it at no cost. My sole objective is to pass on information that I have gathered through use of this product.

Packaging: No special packaging for this towel.

Price: $?.?? USD. I don`t see the towel on the PB website, so I am unsure of a price. Maybe Steve will fil us in on all the details.

Availability: Available from Steve at Poorboy’s World, and (in time) I’m sure any of the other sponsors who carry his line.

Directions: No specific instructions were included with this towel. I did Email Steve (Poorboy) for some tips on use of the towel. My personal “best use” for the towel was to use as one would use a bug sponge – during the wash phase. Used with light pressure.

Product: When I first saw this micro fiber towel, I thought Steve had gotten hold of some of Fuzz’s gym shorts, because that’s what this towel looked like – a cut away section of those mesh gym shorts. It has sewn edges, which I am assuming are micro fiber as well. No tags!

Usage: I have had the opportunity to use this towel on several vehicles, and although the bug problem isn’t quite as bad down here in the South right now, there are still a few stragglers left behind. I tried using the towel a couple of different ways, but again my best practice is using it during the wash phase. I found it to compliment Bug Squash very nicely, as it can aide in removing some of the more stubborn bug remains. Actually, by using this towel in conjunction with Bug Squash, I have yet to find the bug entrail that I can’t remove. Even using it with no "pre-rinse" (Bug Squash) it is still effective at removing bug residue. After use, I simply rinsed the towel out, wrang it dry, and hung it up to dry. Upon further discussion with Steve, I washed the towel and have noticed no ill effects such as raveling of the sewn edges, etc.

Conclusion: I think this towel will be a hit with anyone who has to deal with a bug problem. For those of us who have to deal with one for 10 months out of the year, it’s especially nice. I believe it to be safer than a bug sponge, and I have yet to notice any marring that the towel has induced – and I have given it some pretty good pressure on a couple of painted bumpers. This towel is the perfect compliment to Bug Squash. I’m looking forward to getting to try it out in the spring/summer when the bugs are really bad just to see how much it really does decrease my bug removal efforts. Here`s a few pictures of the towel in use...

I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Product Review: Poorboy`s Bug Microfiber Towel

Thanks Jared for taking the time to try it out and give us your feedback. The Mesh Bug Microfiber towel Jared and a few others received to try was 12x12".
    The final version is 16x16" and is now available. The is an exclusive item that we had made and we believe that besides bugs, it will work well for removal of sap, and bird droppings too!! The towel is a double woven mesh microfiber and is very durable and at the same time safe to use on paint, glass, and plastics (headlights especially). The towel can also be used on interiors as a scrub cloth on vinyl and leather and when it gets a bit old you may want to use it on your wheels. They will be on our web site soon, but if anyone needs any further info, just give me a call or send a pm.
    thanks again Jared
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the information, Jared!!

Would this towel be any good as a lower panel towel for the stubborn dirty spots? How about a waterless wash or S&W towel?
    cwcad

DO WHAT YOU SAY.....SAY WHAT YOU DO!!!!
    www.ldkbox.com a blog about life`s details

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cwcad

Would this towel be any good as a lower panel towel for the stubborn dirty spots? How about a waterless wash or S&W towel?
    Yes it could be used for stubborn lower panels, but I`d designate a towel for this area and not use it for other areas. Yes it can work with Bug Squash as Jared said as well as spot usage with Spray and Wipe.
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cwcad

I agree about having a designated towel for the lower panels and one for bumpers, windshield, side mirrors, etc.

I have tried it on my vehicle when I did a QEW wash and I "prewashed" the bumper. Sprayed with Bug Squash, used light pressure with the towel. I think it worked well, but I still like using it during a wash the best.

Hail the power of Quattro audiboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the excellent review on what looks like something I must have in the near future.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a soldier.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the review. I will have to look into getting one of those for my dadss car. He drives to a gold course 2 twice aweek at like 6 inthe morning.. talk about bugs
    06 Nissan Altima 3.5SE

Post Thanks / Like

Well now we know how much it is.....$5.95 USD

Post Thanks / Like

So how does it work with a QD or S&W alone on bugs say for the front bumper area. And as a glass towel. Any testing with it on those?

Richard
    1997 Ford F150 4x4 Pacific Green w/HOK Kandy Green Flames
    2006 Mustang GT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 97F1504x4
    So how does it work with a QD or S&W alone on bugs say for the front bumper area. And as a glass towel. Any testing with it on those?

Richard
    I suppose you could use it with S&W to wipe down the bumper - I did something very similar when I used it before a QEW wash. I sprayed the bumper and mirrors with with Bug Squash, let sit for a few seconds, and then wiped the areas down with the Bug MF with light pressure. I then proceeded with the QEW wash. I think it works great for what it`s intended purposes are.

TheDetailingHandBook.com Mikeyc's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review! This is a very innovative new product.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review Jared,
    Look like an interesting thing to add to my collection of towels.

"J"

Post Thanks / Like

I used the mesh bug MF on very dirty lower parts of a car this past week. With just SS&S out of a foam gun (becasue i did not want to get my wash mitt that dirty) and it worked great. Took off all the dirt and road junk. It also washed spotless not a speck of dirt left on it after washing. This is now my go to MF for really dirty parts of the car.

Thread Information