Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Zymol Concours

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Zymol Concours

wannafbody, just out of curiosity,can you tell me what components you think are contained in Sal Zaino`s formulas,that enable the product to spread easily on the surface,and allow the product to dry to a haze?

Also, although off topic, Polydimethysioxane PDS,is a `water` based amino functional polymer,which despite what some people have wrongly reported,is actually `good` for paint,because it does not dry out the surface(unlike Dimethyl) silicone.

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody
    I know that S100 uses beeswax so it probably hasn`t changed.
    Interesting. Where did you find the information that S100 uses beeswax?
    Their general description only talks about Brazillian Carnauba.
    Does anyone know of any benefit in using beeswax?

Charles

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CalgaryDetail
    so I will have to give them a call in the new year to find out if there producsts are VOC complient. Unitl I will have to keep gueesing.
    Why would you care as long as it gives you the results you want.
    The only reason I can think of to be concerned about ingredients is the possibility that those ingredients could harm you or your vehicle. Given the sue happy mentality that exists today, I don`t think manufacturers are likely to intentionally sell harmful products.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

Bees wax is used in a lot of carnauba waxes,whether it is listed in the ingredients or not.

Carnauba,would be almost imposible to work with,without the addition of Bees wax,and or,Paraffin wax.

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slippy
    Bees wax is used in a lot of carnauba waxes,whether it is listed in the ingredients or not.

Carnauba,would be almost imposible to work with,without the addition of Bees wax,and or,Paraffin wax.
    While I was well aware that Carnauba alone was not suitable for use as a wax, I sure didn`t know that beeswax was one of the ingredients mixed with it.
    But, like in my previous post, "Who cares? Other than being a matter of some, (very little) curiousity.
    Actually, my use of S100 wasn`t based on much of anything other than the look and the ease of use. (Plus it doesn`t stain black plastic trim )
    I guess I`m just interested in results, not why those results happen.

Kind of like a computer. Why did it do that? Oh, because I hit enter.

Charles

Why did I buy black?
    Post Thanks / Like

Are Zymol products VOC compliant? Has anyone read the MSDS sheets? Who manufactures Zymol?
    Does it make a difference?
    I know that I am a newb, but I have been reading that a number of people are looking for Meguiars (sp?) #16 and I have read that it was not VOC compliant but people still want it. So why is it so important that it is or especially who makes it?

I am concerned on how it looks on my cars and whether it is worth me spending my money on.

I must ask you wannafbody, do you have a stake in Zaino??? You seems you have much knowledge about the product

While you`re at it ask him the scoop on polydimethysiloxane(hint-it isn`t a polymer).
    I am sorry for taking this off topic, but I thought that this thread was about Zymol.

If the mods or admins remove it it would be understood.

Larry

Post Thanks / Like

Why don`t you call Sal and get the info direct? He`ll gladly talk your ear off telling you why his 8% VOC product is in his opinion the best available:smile While you`re at it ask him the scoop on polydimethysiloxane(hint-it isn`t a polymer).

What Makes Silicones Special?

Silicones are the only organic/inorganic hybrid polymers that have been extensively commercialized. This is true for several important reasons.

The organic portion in poly(dimethylsiloxane) or PDMS – by far the most common silicone polymer – is the methyl group. The surface energy of any substance is a direct manifestation of the intermolecular forces between molecules

In many applications it is critical for the silicone product to stick (adhere) to another material. Whether the silicone is used as a coating, sealant, or an adhesive, a low-surface-energy polymer is being “stuck” to another material, which is not an easy challenge. It is achieved by carefully designing and formulating silicone products that bond directly with the substrate.

this ifo was taken from What Makes Silicones Special? - Dow Corning.. the inovator and inventers of the silicone polymers....

Zaino is a good product..but the extreme zainofluffs better start wearing a butt filter...cause the smoke Sal blows up your arse could be cancer causing...so many know know what zaino does not have..whats does it have..any one know....never mind whats Sal tells you..he could tell you it was residue from Atlantis...and you would say it was ..He is a salesman..like a used car salesman...sells a product....and pumps it up......

...does it have silicone polymers..do not say it does not.. just says no silicone oils..does it have acrylics..see no mention of it...how about camel dung...

back to the topic..If some one wants to use Zymol..let them..beauty is in the eye of the beholder..and if they like it fine...this is only car care products...

Calgary..go for it buddy...I hope that it works out for you and you get the best looks ....Variety is the spice of life..and if you like thats all that counts...

AL
    2004 Ford Ranger 4x4
    Bright Red
    My PitBull Rides Shotgun

Post Thanks / Like

Lets try to keep this civilized and on topic please.

Thanks,
    "J"

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slippy
    wannafbody, just out of curiosity,can you tell me what components you think are contained in Sal Zaino`s formulas,that enable the product to spread easily on the surface,and allow the product to dry to a haze?

Also, although off topic, Polydimethysioxane PDS,is a `water` based amino functional polymer,which despite what some people have wrongly reported,is actually `good` for paint,because it does not dry out the surface(unlike Dimethyl) silicone.

polydimethysiloxane is the main ingredient in dielectric compound (grease). I`m sure it is modified somewhat when used in car waxes but if someone can explain in detail how that waxy, greasy stuff bonds to paint and doesn`t wash away I`d like to hear about it. I`ve heard that amino functional silicones are silicone polymers.

Post Thanks / Like

Originally Posted by slippy

polydimethysiloxane is the main ingredient in dielectric compound (grease). I`m sure it is modified somewhat when used in car waxes but if someone can explain in detail how that waxy, greasy stuff bonds to paint and doesn`t wash away I`d like to hear about it. I`ve heard that amino functional silicones are silicone polymers.
    Maybe we missed the part where it was asked to keep the post ON TOPIC

If you wish to start a post about the chemical make up of Zaino products, then please feel free to start your own.

Thank you
    "J"

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe we missed the part where it was asked to keep the post ON TOPIC

Yeah kudos, Jaybs95..... I still want to know if the darn thing is worth buying or not...... I want to hear and see results.....[

Post Thanks / Like

How did you apply it? They recommend you apply it with your bare hands but I never liked doing this.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

feel free to continue the silicone issue in my "silicone again` thread-back to Zymol guys.

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Just something for consideration.
    The thread was started about Zymol Concours, right?
    Lots of people might be interested in a thread about Zymol Concours.
    This thread has gotten so far away from the Zymol Concours subject that if you start reading any of several places in it, you would think it was about Zaino, silicones, VOC compliance, MSDS, even a reference to camel dung.

So...... What if the moderators were to remove the posts that have little or nothing to do with Zymol Concours and let that be the subject of the thread.

I think I will start a poll in another thread to see if you people think this idea has any merit.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Black Altima
    Does it make a difference?
    I know that I am a newb, but I have been reading that a number of people are looking for Meguiars (sp?) #16 and I have read that it was not VOC compliant but people still want it. So why is it so important that it is or especially who makes it?
    I dont think many people really care, i know i sure dont. Heck im expecting my tin of 16 any day now (thank you chris). As for as i am concerned if it looks good then screw the enviorment (ok im going to start another war )

And thank you Al for the spice of life comment, that attitude is very refreshing. Somthing now always seen

Charles, this thread goes on and off topic. However it is all information people are intrested in, it makes a good read, and heck people are having fun. Im sorry that it dosent work for you but it seem to for many of us. Hence why i voted for keeping it the way it is.

And someone asked if i was going to apply it by hand (sorry I dont want to scroll through a ton of posts again so to who ever it is.. i dont mean to not giv credit). I will be yes. I have used victoria wax products and loved them. I like to thin of myself as a knowldege able perso non VW... if David agres that is his perogative. But anyway back on topic.. i have learned ow to apply wax by hand and have no problem. I actully like doing it (until i cut myself on something). It helps me "connect" with the car.. i dunno makes it more personal (yes im a weirdo).
    One thing I am wanting to try at some point is applying the wax with a latex/neopreine (sp) glove one. I dont think it would damage the paint and it would prvent my hand smelling, and feeling like wax for the next few days.

anyway keep the posts comming..on or off topic... i look forward to reading this thread becasue of it
    06 Nissan Altima 3.5SE

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread Information