Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Zymol Concours

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Zymol Concours

CalgaryDetail,from Swissol i have used,Onyx,Saphir,Samuri,Zuffenhausen,Concorso,Myst ery,Scuderia,Shield,and Smargd(Best of show).

Of these,the ones that i like are Smargd,Mystery,Saphir and concorso.The problem is,as i am sure you will find out with using Zymol,is that there is *Very* little difference between them,it is purely personal preferance.

When i first used Zymol waxes,i believed that the further up `the scale` i went(the more expensive the better),the better the wax would be.Unfortunately,that was not the case,and i wasted a lot of money.

A good example would be Zymol Vintage.I `thought ` it must be `better` than Destiny,because it cost almost three times more,but `i` was dissapointed as i really like Destiny better.Now,i am not bashing Vintage,because i have used it,it is just that to `my` eyes it doesn`t give me what i want.

The same thing happend with Swissol.I was fortunate enough to have access to practicaly all the waxes,and i assumed that the most expensive ones were the best,but that wasn`t the case.

The Swissol Mystery is very similar to Zymol Destiny,which is why i like it,but i think their best wax is Saphir.Zuffenhausen,356,samuri,scuderia,are all based on the same formula,so they are almost identical(just small differences in colour,scent).

However, after using so many Carnauba waxes,from both Zymol and Swissol,i have to say that i was really,really surprised by Victoria Concours.It does everything right for me,intense depth,colour reproduction,and it is not `artificially` over shiny.

I know you have used Victoria Concours,and i would like to hear more from you,about how you think it compares to Zymol,and what it is that you are looking for in a wax,specificaly what motivates you to try the other Zymol`s

ps; have you had a chance to use the Zymol Concours yet?

TheDetailingHandBook.com Mikeyc's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Slippy,

I just want to thank you for your contribution to this thread. It`s always nice to hear about some different products that not everyone has tried. It can get a bit tiring hearing about the same few brands over & over.

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CalgaryDetail
    Yes zymol does often take a bashing.
    Just a quick comment here.
    The bashing of Zymol and Zaino probably is because of the way they are often presented.
    Posts that unequivocally, (always wanted to use that word), state, "xxxx" is the best wax/sealant you can buy, don`t always go over too well.
    The posts that rave about brand "xxxx" by the same poster time after time tend to get a little old.
    The posts that follow up the rave post with nothing to add other than "Yes, you`re right, absolutely, my thoughts as well", also tend to get boring/aggravating. Especially when it quite often is the same individuals reinforcing each others statements.
    While it may all be with good intentions, it (1) gets old. (2) comes across very close to being a shill.
    I usually give the benefit of a doubt to those occasions, but it does make me wonder at times.

I think the only negative comment I could make about Zymol would be the blue stuff they marketed with/through Turtle Wax several years back. Having heard all the hype about Zymol, I bought some of the blue stuff. It wasn`t real cheap. When most cleaner/waxes were about $5-$6. I think it was about $15. I think I used it once and gave it away. Should have given it away before I used it.

Charles

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey, Slippy:
    Where do you hail from that you used all those high dollar waxes?
    If you put your location in your profile, it will show up under your name in the left side of the message board.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you very much slippy that info is great, it is always nice to hear somone elses opion. especilly someone who has obsviously tried many waxes and can compare zymol to others in the same "class".
    I have not got a chance to try concours yet. I was in edmonton for the weekend, i came home to -25C (-13F) and snow. I want willing to go out and wax at that cold. sorry. I wll defintly compare it to VW when I try them both.
    If have posted a review on VW concours. It has how i feel about it. It is my my fav wax right now. I will definlty compare the two.

And Charles that is definlty the reason that Zymol and Zaino are often bashed. But none the less they are still bashed. There are those few who use these products and love them. The problem is. This thread comes up ALOT and it dosent give people the time to do there own research. Everyonce in a while there will be a few new people who have some great info. I think this thread is one of those times. There are more people who can contribute to this thread and make it somthing worth while. To those people thank you

I agree that the Zymol has casued more then a few problems with ther reputation when they came out with the cleaner wax. Heck I couldnt even find it on ther web site. I know when I tell customers I will be using zymol (carbon) on there car alot ask if its the stuff at candian tire. I explain to them how the wax line works.
    And thank you again slippy for all the great info.

-mike

Edit: I was also wondering were you where located slippy, i know theres got to be a few half empty jars just sitting on yourself looking to be sold
    06 Nissan Altima 3.5SE

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

Are Zymol products VOC compliant? Has anyone read the MSDS sheets? Who manufactures Zymol?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody
    Are Zymol products VOC compliant? Has anyone read the MSDS sheets? Who manufactures Zymol?
    I would asssume they are VOC compliant, they can be found all across canada and the us, and well the world. I belive they are even sold in californa. So I would say they do pass VOC laws. I have not read an msds sheat so I wont comment
    As for who manufactures Zymol. That is Zymol. I know they have there cleaner wax/trurtle wax crap.But i do belive Zymol is made by Zymol
    06 Nissan Altima 3.5SE

TheDetailingHandBook.com Mikeyc's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

AFAIK the blue stuff and other items you find locally is manufactured by Turtle Wax. The rest of the product line I believe is made at their offices in CT. I also believe all their products are VOC compliant otherwise I`d have a tough time getting them here in MA and I haven`t had a problem. Also, I don`t have the MSDS sheets but they list the ingredients of all their products in small print on each product`s page on their website.

Also, Charles, I totally agree with your assessment. When people claim the product they use is the best and all others are garbage, obsolete, dinosaurs, or whatever it often inspires a strong reaction. However, I find even in a thread where someone just says Zymol or Zaino is great or very good people seem to react strongly. With these brands a post doesn`t have to say that they are the best or bash other products for it to inspire a strong reaction.

Post Thanks / Like

That`s the question we want to ask Zaino. Where`s the MSDS Sheet? and Who manufactures Zaino? They claim to be VOC compliant, yet the MSDS Sheet is nowhere to be found.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Z06-Goose
    That`s the question we want to ask Zaino. Where`s the MSDS Sheet? and Who manufactures Zaino? They claim to be VOC compliant, yet the MSDS Sheet is nowhere to be found.
    Why don`t you call Sal and get the info direct? He`ll gladly talk your ear off telling you why his 8% VOC product is in his opinion the best available:smile While you`re at it ask him the scoop on polydimethysiloxane(hint-it isn`t a polymer).

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

I would asssume they are VOC compliant, they can be found all across canada and the us, and well the world. I belive they are even sold in californa. So I would say they do pass VOC laws. I have not read an msds sheat so I wont comment
    As for who manufactures Zymol. That is Zymol. I know they have there cleaner wax/trurtle wax crap.But i do belive Zymol is made by Zymol
    I wonder if they`ve been reformulated to be VOC compliant. I know that S100 uses beeswax so it probably hasn`t changed.

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if they`ve been reformulated to be VOC compliant. I know that S100 uses beeswax so it probably hasn`t changed.
    could be, i actully didnt even think of that. Last time I called zymol the machine said they were on vacation with there family, freinds, and cars... so I will have to give them a call in the new year to find out if there producsts are VOC complient. Unitl I will have to keep gueesing.
    06 Nissan Altima 3.5SE

Post Thanks / Like

CalgaryDetail, All of the Zymol products are 100% VOC compliant.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

could be, i actully didnt even think of that. Last time I called zymol the machine said they were on vacation with there family, freinds, and cars... so I will have to give them a call in the new year to find out if there producsts are VOC complient. Unitl I will have to keep gueesing.
    Ask about what type of solvents they use. Depending on the solvents used some of the less expensive Zymols such as Carbon might be alot closer in composition to other carnaubas than previously thought.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slippy
    CalgaryDetail, All of the Zymol products are 100% VOC compliant.
    great thank you. (not that VOC would keep me from using them) but thank you for the info
    06 Nissan Altima 3.5SE

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread Information