Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Zymol Concours

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Zymol Concours

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeyc
    HD Cleanse has zero carnauba content. It`s a paint cleaner and nothing else.

Wow! I can`t believe where this thread is going. Zymol and Zaino inspire such strong feeling on these forums. You never see people get in arguments like these over DP Max Wax.
    Everyone likes to feel as if their money is well spent. The more one spends on a product, the better they want to feel about their purchase. Therefore it has to be good.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1
    Everyone likes to feel as if their money is well spent. The more one spends on a product, the better they want to feel about their purchase. Therefore it has to be good.
    I think the issue is that when people spend a lot on a wax they assume it`s far better than it`s cheaper competitors. Understanding how products are marketed I`m very skeptical of that assumption.

Post Thanks / Like

You really have to try the product and compare it to other lsps in order to determine whether the hype is real or not. Apparently there are a few that have tried Zai..oops Zymol and have nothing but great things to say about it.

I believe that if a product delivers on its claims, in which it demonstrates its abilities over its competitors, then its market share (and unfortunately its price) is justified. If the product fails in your comparison, then at least it was a learning experience and you will definitely know that it didn`t live up to its claim, and you will also be able to tell others how your experience was in using it (so tempted to say it but I`ll behave!).

BTW I am currently using a carnauba on my daily driver, and so far it has done very well in appearance and durability. Carnauba is definitely here to stay!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody
    I think the issue is that when people spend a lot on a wax they assume it`s far better than it`s cheaper competitors. Understanding how products are marketed I`m very skeptical of that assumption.
    i cant speak for the world but i know this is not the logic I use. I am always looking at trying somthing new. ALWAYS, ask around people on this forum will agree I always want the next product.
    I never judge a peoduct based on who makes it, how much it costs or what the claim is. I give every product a fair shot, regardless.
    Like I have said i will give a review on concours. The only mention of price will be the price of the jar so that other who are intrested can decide if they can afford it
    but i have to sat for myself i dont jusge based on price i judge pased on performance
    06 Nissan Altima 3.5SE

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CalgaryDetail
    i cant speak for the world but i know this is not the logic I use. I am always looking at trying somthing new. ALWAYS, ask around people on this forum will agree I always want the next product.
    I never judge a peoduct based on who makes it, how much it costs or what the claim is. I give every product a fair shot, regardless.
    Like I have said i will give a review on concours. The only mention of price will be the price of the jar so that other who are intrested can decide if they can afford it
    but i have to sat for myself i dont jusge based on price i judge pased on performance

Good to see this thread still going. I am on vacation in Cancun and got a chance to get here. CalgaryDetail, Great point. I wait your experiences. personally, I feel you will love it.

And, thanks to Al and Mike for the heads up on collonite. Now back to the pool.
    2001 Volvo S80 Black
    2002 Volvo C70 Silver

Post Thanks / Like

I`m very interested in the results as well. Let me know how this works out as I`m on the fence about purchasing this concourse wax that you speak of

Post Thanks / Like

To compare collinite#845,to a High-End carnauba,is quite frankly ridiculous.Collinite#845 contains a type of resin,along with carnauba,which may explain it`s longevity.

Quality,High-End carnauba waxes(Zymol,Swissol.Victoria Wax),will never become `Dinasours`.These formulas will always be sought arter by enthusiasts,for as long as we have cars,and car shows.The `looks` created by carnauba,still cannot be duplicated by any synthetic products;the warmth,richness,colour reproduction,subtlety is unique to fine carnauba waxes.

To this day,the exact composition of carnauba wax still has not been identified,and so cannot be recreated.I for one,will allways be `in love` with the High-End carnauba`s,not only because of the unique results they produce,but also for what they represent.

Past Detail City Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lbls1
    I believe that if a product delivers on its claims, in which it demonstrates its abilities over its competitors, then its market share (and unfortunately its price) is justified. If the product fails in your comparison, then at least it was a learning experience and you will definitely know that it didn`t live up to its claim, and you will also be able to tell others how your experience was in using it (so tempted to say it but I`ll behave!).
    Zymol is a good product, in 1991 both my son and I got hooked on it when it was touted as being All-Natural.

Post Thanks / Like

David, would you say that the Zymol`s have changed in any way since 1991?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slippy
    David, would you say that the Zymol`s have changed in any way since 1991?
    I havent been using zymol for that long, but from what I read and heard(i spend to much time looking this stuff up) zymol has revamped most there products. The most recent example is ital, they rasied the price ALOT. Reading the ingredients and carnumba %`s they are exaclty the same. Also from reading around all the new forumlas appear to be axaclty the same. Im not sure what alot of the revamps were but I know they have happened.

Also if you are intrested in trying a high end wax but dont want to give zymol a try for whatever reason give David a call and order some victoria wax (he dosent tell people so I will).
    I did a review on his concours wax, it was an awsome wax. That might be an option for those who dont want to spend 200 bucks on a jar of wax.
    06 Nissan Altima 3.5SE

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks CalgaryDetail, but i have allready used most Zymol waxes,and Swissol waxes.I used to detail Bentley cars for Jack Barclay (Europe),and we used Destiny and Vintage, exclusively.And,thank god i have discovered Victoria Concours,as you rightly say,a High end wax which i consider to be better than the two previously mentioned Zymol`s,at least in `my` eyes.

Post Thanks / Like

This reminds me about booze, can`t understand why scotch can costs 10 bucks a pint up to several thousand and it all taste like pine sap to me. Does it do the same thing ?- get me drunk, sick, praying to the porcelein god -righto ol boy! So why spend more? Can someone prep a hood then do a side by side with PS, Zymol or even PB`s natty`s and Zymol and then get "Joe Public" to judge.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slippy
    Thanks CalgaryDetail, but i have allready used most Zymol waxes,and Swissol waxes.I used to detail Bentley cars for Jack Barclay (Europe),and we used Destiny and Vintage, exclusively.And,thank god i have discovered Victoria Concours,as you rightly say,a High end wax which i consider to be better than the two previously mentioned Zymol`s,at least in `my` eyes.
    cool cool, im alway telling people about vw.
    I was wondering if I could pick your brain on Swissol.This is another brand I have looked at. They look like good waxes but not to the level of what zymol appears to be (and im not taking about how they are market im taking about secondary reshearch) I was wondering what waxes you have used, and which you liked, didint like and why. Swissol is on my list of things to try but it is so hard to find someone with valuable information.
    Thanks for any info

-mike
    06 Nissan Altima 3.5SE

Post Thanks / Like

Hi ,
    am reading this whole thread with interest and am excited to see final outcome when you do it....

It seems Zymol takes a bit of a whacking whenever its mentioned to me as it does here in the u.k but just remember you probably paid around $164 am i correct when i just paid £164 which probably equates to what $300 by the exchange rate???

Everything in the uk is the same in pounds as you pay dollars so when you complain about the price think of us poor brits!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vxrmarc
    Hi ,
    am reading this whole thread with interest and am excited to see final outcome when you do it....

It seems Zymol takes a bit of a whacking whenever its mentioned to me as it does here in the u.k but just remember you probably paid around $164 am i correct when i just paid £164 which probably equates to what $300 by the exchange rate???

Everything in the uk is the same in pounds as you pay dollars so when you complain about the price think of us poor brits!!!!!!
    Yes zymol does often take a bashing. luckily this thread has not been bad for that, and hopefully it wont turn into a bash.
    As for the price I am canadian so i was just over 200 for the jar. As for your guys paying 164 pounds, its all relative. As far as I know incomes are about the same in the uk and the us (when pounds = dollars exg. avg is 50k a year (i just made this number up)) so you are paying about the same relative.. But at the end of the day no matter where you get zymol it is expensive. but I will soon see if its worth the price tag
    06 Nissan Altima 3.5SE

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread Information