Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Zymol Concours

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Zymol Concours

Quote Originally Posted by joe.p
    Zymol Concours states it a glaze.
    Thanks for that information, Joe.
    That was just what I needed to stop me from ordering some.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesW
    Thanks for that information, Joe.
    That was just what I needed to stop me from ordering some.

Charles
    I didn`t mean too charles

I have never heard of a bonding problem over Klasse AIO before. In fact, it would be my go to cleaner/polish before any product I use.
    Have any of you experienced bonding problems after using Klasse AIO?
    I have to be honest and say i don`t always use the AIO... i`ll rewash or use S&W..besides i never go long enough to see a products durability because i`m always layering from spring when i clay/polish to fall when i redo my winter prep..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CalgaryDetail
    Im jelous. I have been working on hw all day and havent got a chance to wax my car.Look like im going to have to wait till the next chinook until I get to try my concours.. or my #16 when it comes:smile
    Well thats awful optimistic! Next weds. its a high of -25C. for you American folks thats -13F !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sneek
    Well thats awful optimistic! Next weds. its a high of -25C. for you American folks thats -13F !
    WE WILL GET A CHINOOk. Ill do a dacne or somthing. We have had only a few cold days this winter and im already sick of them.

As for is Concours is a wax or a glaze from what i have learned from many people, as well as contact with Zymol it is a wax. It is not a glaze but a wax.. and Vintage better be.

Concours contains 47% carbumba by volume which would be the higest wax content of any glaze i have seen.
    06 Nissan Altima 3.5SE

Post Thanks / Like

Peurre Carnauba Wax!

Edit: To be honest I haven`t yet exposed my car`s paint (car #1) to the winter`s elements uncovered. It would be interesting to see how this wax behaves as a "daily driver" wax. As it stands, though, It lasts (in the garage) to a point that I argue with myself for having to take it off when I re-start my wax routine in the spring.

I may need to try the Zymol on my daily driver one of these days!!!

Post Thanks / Like

You will have to make sure that to let us know how the wax lasts on a daily driver. But then again i dont think it will mkae a difference for me. I am always after looks and never long lasting protection.
    06 Nissan Altima 3.5SE

Post Thanks / Like

Zymol refers to their High-End waxes,as Estate Glazes because of the visual effect they create on the finish.

Each of the seven Estate Glazes,contain different amounts of `White`(refined yellow) carnauba,which contributes to the `crystalline` like hard gloss coating that they impart;this is refered to,by Zymol as Glaze.

Post Thanks / Like

Re:

[quote=slippy]Zymol refers to their High-End waxes,as Estate Glazes because of the visual effect they create on the finish.

[quote]I was going to ask if Zymol Concours was a wax that looks like a glaze..Thanks for the input..

CalgaryDetail,will you be appling Zymol by hand ..

Post Thanks / Like

Re:

[quote=joe.p][quote=slippy]Zymol refers to their High-End waxes,as Estate Glazes because of the visual effect they create on the finish.

I was going to ask if Zymol Concours was a wax that looks like a glaze..Thanks for the input..

CalgaryDetail,will you be appling Zymol by hand ..
    Does McDonalds have golden arches?
    06 Nissan Altima 3.5SE

Post Thanks / Like

I have a hard time thinking of their waxes as glazes, even though that is what Zymol refers them to. Glazes (like what sometimes new car dealers will put on your car to make the paint shine...awful!) have always appeared to have been light in consistency and somewhat weak in terms of overall finishing power. Glazes could be anything from non abrasive finishing polishes (like Megs DC and Mothers) to some form of sealants or even carnauba-synthetic blends of toppers. They appear nice and slick but very limited in rendering power and overall depth of shine.

The Zymols, in particular the EGZymols, are exceptionally talented in rendering color definition as well as producing an almost boundless depth of reflection. To me, they go well beyond the definition (or the common characteristics) of glazes, and of course outperform even the most potent otc waxes......to me it isn`t even a comparison. But that`s just me..

Past Detail City Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Just for curiosity, what is the French word for WAX?

Post Thanks / Like

Cirie,or lustre?

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slippy
    Zymol refers to their High-End waxes,as Estate Glazes because of the visual effect they create on the finish.

Each of the seven Estate Glazes,contain different amounts of `White`(refined yellow) carnauba,which contributes to the `crystalline` like hard gloss coating that they impart;this is refered to,by Zymol as Glaze.

This is an area that to me seems to be more about marketing than anything else. Zymol makes several waxes that have slightly different carnauba percentages. I am highly suspicious that anyone could tell the difference in appearance between their 37%, 39% or higher percentage waxes in a side by side comparison.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody
    This is an area that to me seems to be more about marketing than anything else. Zymol makes several waxes that have slightly different carnauba percentages. I am highly suspicious that anyone could tell the difference in appearance between their 37%, 39% or higher percentage waxes in a side by side comparison.
    This is an interesting observation coming from someone who clearly has their favorite LSP. I think it`s safe to say that many of the members (detailing fanatics) seldom get to a point where we fully appreciate the ultimate durability of any last step product. I believe this is true whether the product is a sealant or a wax. Most of us detail frequently because we like to do it.

That said it seems fairly apparent to me that favorite products are often determined by the way they look. I have in my collection and have used most of the sealants available today. My experience has been that the look of sealants more often tend to resemble one another more than one wax does to another. In your quest how have you determined your favorite LSP? Have you chosen it because you see a difference in it`s appearance from other sealants, is it due to cost or is it based upon its durability? Is it marketing that leads you to this conclusion?

I too do not believe that a person can see a 2% difference in carnauba content between waxes. I do however believe that people can see a difference in side by side comparison from one product to the next whether it be within the same product line or from brand to another. Waxes look different visually due to composition other than carnauba content. I don`t think that everyone is duped by good marketing into using a particular product. I for one don`t want to pay Zymol`s price for their better products. Zymol waxes do look different from one product to the next. Does marketing play a role in the selling of these products? You bet but the same could certainly be said about the various sealants on the market today.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1
    I don`t think that everyone is duped by good marketing into using a particular product. I for one don`t want to pay Zymol`s price for their better products. Zymol waxes do look different from one product to the next. Does marketing play a role in the selling of these products? You bet but the same could certainly be said about the various sealants on the market today.
    I dont think that this only hold true to zymol, i think every brand does there own form of marketing and hype. Look what happens when a new product comes out, they deveople a plan to get you to want to buy it. look at poli-seal, how many people have ordered gallons when they know it will take them a decade to use it. Thats why companies advertise

I also think that there are a few of want to try products, to try products. I love trying somthing new. I have tried many many many products, some more expensive then others.
    Have I fallen for the hype, no I dont think so, but you may disagree thats you opion. I personly try things regardless of price (assuming i can afford it) becasue i think its only fair. I dont discminate

I will however agree that many people have fallen for the hype, especilly the once a year waxer. i know a few people who have some zymol, or other was just sitting there becasue they waxed once and got bored of it. I will also agree that 2% probley wont make a difference but its not just about the wax. (I would assume they use it to sell products becsaue to the average person a number makes a big deal) There are many things that effect the look, these include the chemicals used with the wax as well as the process used to make the wax.

edit: for anyone intrested zymol has updated there site, it looks much better then before
    06 Nissan Altima 3.5SE

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread Information