Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Zymol Concours

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Zymol Concours

Quote Originally Posted by sneek
    1:30AM Rewaxed my car. I also met the paper delivery lady, who looked at me as if i was crazy
    \

Well im definlty jelous. want to come do my marketing report for me . So no pics to show off of your midnight detail?
    06 Nissan Altima 3.5SE

Post Thanks / Like

You know what LOL it was not 1:30am (you car geek you ), but 11:30pm when I did my jag yesterday. Before the baby, I regularly sat in the late evenings, after the wife went to sleep, and worked on the cars with a beer or glass of wine. Now I need my sleep, the little one wears me out .
    2001 Volvo S80 Black
    2002 Volvo C70 Silver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lbls1
    Thanks friend...but ....

Itz all in da wax.....yo.....lol!!!!!!!!!!!! Had to throw that one in..no disrespect intended!!!

Mikeyc too!!!!

You know it .
    I only wish I had been applying the concours consistenly to build up the layers on the Benz, so I could carry it through the winter. Relegated to using some reliable sealants this time.
    2001 Volvo S80 Black
    2002 Volvo C70 Silver

TheDetailingHandBook.com Mikeyc's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ashsarna
    You know it .
    I only wish I had been applying the concours consistenly to build up the layers on the Benz, so I could carry it through the winter. Relegated to using some reliable sealants this time.
    I stripped off all my Zymol for the winter

I probably don`t wax as regularly as I should during the winter. So, I go with something that requires less attention. This year I`m going with Collonite 845. Carnauba shine with sealant like durability . . . what`s not to like?

Post Thanks / Like

Mikeyc,
    I have been hearing good things about collonite. Plan on trying it next year. Have you used it in past winters? How did it hold up? Thanks.
    2001 Volvo S80 Black
    2002 Volvo C70 Silver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ashsarna
    Mikeyc,
    I have been hearing good things about collonite. Plan on trying it next year. Have you used it in past winters? How did it hold up? Thanks.

I am not Mike...But I have used collinite for a few winters now....I used the 476s and the 915...both held up good thru the winter....

My chevy S-10 got collinite just before winter set in..Nov..and it would still be beading strong in late April...not a real beauty wax..but sure does hold up in the winter....salt does not effect it..thats a plus...

AL
    2004 Ford Ranger 4x4
    Bright Red
    My PitBull Rides Shotgun

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AL-53
    I am not Mike...But I have used collinite for a few winters now....I used the 476s and the 915...both held up good thru the winter....

My chevy S-10 got collinite just before winter set in..Nov..and it would still be beading strong in late April...not a real beauty wax..but sure does hold up in the winter....salt does not effect it..thats a plus...

AL
    I am Mike

Anyway, this is my first winter using Collonite. So, I can`t comment on durability. However, everyone always says "it`s not a beauty wax" and so far I think it looks great. It gives a very deep, wet shine. It`s no Zymol in the looks category, but IMO it`s extremely underrated in that department.

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

While I used Collinite Insulator Wax on the Montana last winter, I can`t really comment on the durability. As with the other products I have used, it was applied every 4 to 6 weeks and it seemed to last that long with no problem.
    The Insulator Wax looked good to me and I sure wouldn`t consider it a second rate product for appearance. If it had been more readily available, I probably would have continued to use it.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

I think i now have another wax to try. Collinite is on my list. When i get a chance to try it a yaer from now I will review it and let you know. (after the whole world has already tried it)
    06 Nissan Altima 3.5SE

Post Thanks / Like

when you order the collinite from eshine you can order me some M16 as well Have you applied Concours to anything yet?

today would be a good day to check out the durability of wax. I just had to cram in 1 more detail before that blizzard came in!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sneek
    when you order the collinite from eshine you can order me some M16 as well Have you applied Concours to anything yet?

today would be a good day to check out the durability of wax. I just had to cram in 1 more detail before that blizzard came in!
    Im jelous. I have been working on hw all day and havent got a chance to wax my car.Look like im going to have to wait till the next chinook until I get to try my concours.. or my #16 when it comes:smile
    06 Nissan Altima 3.5SE

Post Thanks / Like

Zymol Concours states it a glaze..now sometimes i`m confused by how companies market there products...so is Zymol Concours a Glaze or a wax..Although it is few dollars at least it wasn`t $1,500.00 ..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joe.p
    Zymol Concours states it a glaze..now sometimes i`m confused by how companies market there products...so is Zymol Concours a Glaze or a wax..Although it is few dollars at least it wasn`t $1,500.00 ..
    It`s definitely a wax. I`m with you though. I wish all these companies used a universal vernacular. Glaze and polish are definitely the two worst offenders when it comes to multiple meanings.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeyc
    It`s definitely a wax. I`m with you though. I wish all these companies used a universal vernacular. Glaze and polish are definitely the two worst offenders when it comes to multiple meanings.
    whooo ,for for the price i`m glad to hear its a wax and not a glaze..I agree call a product what is...One small example: KAIO is a reccomended to be used as a cleaner..then i read it leaves some protection behind and some products may not bond well with it..

Thanks MikeyC

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joe.p
    One small example: KAIO is a reccomended to be used as a cleaner..then i read it leaves some protection behind and some products may not bond well with it..
    Klasse AIO is called All In One because it it cleans, polishes and protects all in one product.
    How well it protects is somewhat questionable, though.

I have never heard of a bonding problem over Klasse AIO before. In fact, it would be my go to cleaner/polish before any product I use.
    Have any of you experienced bonding problems after using Klasse AIO?

Charles

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread Information