Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Zymol Concours

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Zymol Concours

Quote Originally Posted by lbls1
    Congrats on the Concours. From a veteren to the newly acquired owner: be ready. This is a wax that really packs a whallop of a result.

Please post up your results whenever you get around to it. Remember to prep your paint properly (redundant but just making sure), and whatever you do, please do not put a sealant beneath the concours. You want to see how well this wax`s response performs without any help from other lsp`s. You may know where I stand when it comes to adding things to Zymol, so I`ll cut it short until you post up your results. I want to see just how good it is and how high an "obsolete" product can reach!!!!

Good luck!
    Thank you for the info. I know how you feel about Zymol and Concours. I will probley be sending you a pm to get some help with it
    I am not going to to any other lsp with the concours. I want a peer undalterated (sp) look. I will let you know how it goes. And if all goes as planned perhaps vintage is in the works?

And Joe I promised a review and you will get one. Like I said school is a PITA and it has to come first. If there are any other reviews you want before then on products I have used Im sure I can be more then accomadating

Thanks
    -mike
    06 Nissan Altima 3.5SE

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CalgaryDetail
    Thats not like you!

Ok well here it the only statment I am going to make about my spelling and typing.

I dont feel that I should have to defened myself on an online forum especily this one. I have my personal reasons that cause some trouble with my spelling. I dont think anything is taken from my posts and I still feel as though I contribute more then enough to this forum.
    No reason to defend your grammar. Proper grammar usage is a great thing (it makes reading easy) but it isn`t required to join the forum. My major wasn`t English either. Do your best, what more can we ask? I`m anxious to see your results with your new wax.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Formerly TexasTB Tex Star Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joe.p
    It won`t be for a while because i have exams and what not coming up.. but it will happen...:wink:

TexasTB ,says this happens when you have chubby fingers..or calgary types at the speed of light travels ...

This is surfer from AG signature:
    Proudly edumicated by Scooterguitar on speaking Engrish

Scooterguitar claims to be teacher ..
    Yep.....LOL
    I blame it on fat fingers and typing too fast. Plus, when I am on my laptop, the keys feel different than my desktop keyboard.......oh well.....
    "In the business world, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windshield."

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the info. I know how you feel about Zymol and Concours. I will probley be sending you a pm to get some help with it
    I am not going to to any other lsp with the concours. I want a peer undalterated (sp) look. I will let you know how it goes. And if all goes as planned perhaps vintage is in the works?

And Joe I promised a review and you will get one. Like I said school is a PITA and it has to come first. If there are any other reviews you want before then on products I have used Im sure I can be more then accomadating

Thanks
    -mike

Mike,
    I agree lbls1 is `the man` on zymol, but dont forget about me buddy! You better post your findings as I know you will LOVE it based on your joy with carbon. Remember to use HD Cleanse if you can (work small areas at a time and remove promptly). Then work in the wax to warm it up in your hands. I believe that with enough applications/buildup you can take this through the winter if garaged. I had it last longer than my souveran easy.

I think this is far from obsolete:wink: , but I wont get into that or cost, lets say if someone doesnt want it then there is more for me.

Destiny, Vintage are great too, but I use them sparingly due to price. Have fun.
    2001 Volvo S80 Black
    2002 Volvo C70 Silver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ashsarna
    Mike,
    I agree lbls1 is `the man` on zymol, but dont forget about me buddy! You better post your findings as I know you will LOVE it based on your joy with carbon. Remember to use HD Cleanse if you can (work small areas at a time and remove promptly). Then work in the wax to warm it up in your hands. I believe that with enough applications/buildup you can take this through the winter if garaged. I had it last longer than my souveran easy.

I think this is far from obsolete:wink: , but I wont get into that or cost, lets say if someone doesnt want it then there is more for me.

Destiny, Vintage are great too, but I use them sparingly due to price. Have fun.
    How could I forget you. You and lbls1 have been great helps. Thank you. I will post my results i promise. I have heard that HD can be a pita but i think ill be able to get the hang of it. Thank you for the tips.. and no i didnt foget about you, i never would
    06 Nissan Altima 3.5SE

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ashsarna
    Makes sense.
    Using the cheap $20+ per ounce stuff most of the time seems like a good way to keep costs down.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesW
    Makes sense.
    Using the cheap $20+ per ounce stuff most of the time seems like a good way to keep costs down.

Charles

I know the wife would really prefer it that way
    2001 Volvo S80 Black
    2002 Volvo C70 Silver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesW
    Makes sense.

Charles
    $20 for an ounce why would you spend that when you can get 11 oz of gold class for the same price... does this stuff apply itself

I had to. I really did
    06 Nissan Altima 3.5SE

Post Thanks / Like

so i took some pictures of my wax cause im a loser and its to cold and dark right now to detail my baby. So here are some pics. I am using photobucket for the first time so i hope it works

Here proof its real

heres a free gift i got, there is the leather cleaner which is really cool but if you look i also got a really cool pin. I says zymol on it but i thought it was cool, i can wear it while detailing.. just kiding, dont want to scratch the paint

last pic.. hope this works
    06 Nissan Altima 3.5SE

Formerly TexasTB Tex Star Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice!
    "In the business world, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windshield."

TheDetailingHandBook.com Mikeyc's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

How could I forget you. You and lbls1 have been great helps. Thank you. I will post my results i promise. I have heard that HD can be a pita but i think ill be able to get the hang of it. Thank you for the tips.. and no i didnt foget about you, i never would
    Hey what about me?

Anyway, just to re-iterate what has already been mentioned . . . to really see what the Zymol can do make sure you start with a "clean canvas." Don`t apply it over any sealants and don`t use Klasse AIO to clean the paint before hand. AIO leaves behind a layer of sealant. ;-)

I think you`ll be really happy you spent the extra $$ on Concours. Also, next time you order you might want to consider ordering directly from Zymol. Their shipping is SUPER fast.

Post Thanks / Like

JAY LENO stated that he was the president of the more money than brains club but it looks like he has some competition for that title.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by black bart
    JAY LENO stated that he was the president of the more money than brains club but it looks like he has some competition for that title.

Uncalled for, but then I dont give a damn .

Seems people cant help being smart when zymol is the topic, similar to when zaino is talked about. I dont understand why. If it doesnt appeal to you and is not an attack on anyone, either join in or move on to another thread that interests you.
    2001 Volvo S80 Black
    2002 Volvo C70 Silver

Post Thanks / Like

I am very happy to be a member of this club, it means i have money (i dont really but i can pretend)

Mikey im sorry i didnt mean to miss you. So here is my general thank you to eveyone who has helped me with this decsion.
    Also I will make sure to use a clean slate to play with the concours.

I didnt ship right from Zymol becaue they would not let me. I tried and was told I needed to order it through the local retaier. Which was fine Gork is a very nice person and help me alot. He was also willing to awnser my questions, and i had many. Zymol will only ship Royal and Vintage to people outside the states. If you want anything else you need to go through the supplier for the area.
    So anyone who is wanting to order Zymol and lives in Canada the web site is Zymol .Gork is great and will help you out.
    Concours normaly dosent take this long from what I have been told but iguees there was a back order and then Zymol shipped to the wrong adress so it was an intresting trip for all that wax. And I was given a few extra to make up for the wait (leather cleaner, 2 samples of the leather conditioner, a whole buch of stickers that say protected by Zymol, and the cool pin that I have in one of the pictures)
    06 Nissan Altima 3.5SE

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually, I think "More money than brains" would describe a lot of us.
    Just total up what you have invested in products and supplies and think what many/most of your friends would say if they knew the amount.
    I won`t even get into the wheels, tires, sound systems, big horsepower that many people get pretty extravagant with.
    What good is money if you don`t spend it?

Charles

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread Information