Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Zymol Concours

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Zymol Concours

Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody
    it seems as if there are many products that produce superb results and that the best looking depends on who`s eyes are doing the viewing
    one thing I have learned over the past year (its as long as I have been detailing, but dont let the short amout of time fool you.. ok ok ill deflate my ego now) is that there is no product that will make everyone happy, eveyone has there favorites. I myself am still on the hunt ( and trust me i have tried ALOT to make sure i do have the best for me)

beauty is the eye of the beholder

edit: I got post 150 on this thread.. yeah
    06 Nissan Altima 3.5SE

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody
    it seems as if there are many products that produce superb results and that the best looking depends on who`s eyes are doing the viewing
    True enough though no one`s eyes are as good as mine.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CalgaryDetail
    We are definlty the greatest nation on earth..
    Well.... at least you are close to the greatest nation on earth.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Camel dung??? What a crappy thread!

Post Thanks / Like

What I would like to know is how do you apply Zymol Concours? They say to do it by hand but I DO NOT like that method and find that it scratches my finish when I try to do that. I tried melting it in my palm and then applying with a foam applicator but that is a pain in the butt. It does seem to have a nice look like Pinnacle but definitely not worth the effort. Not to mention there are sealants out there that look just as good and offer much better durability than any Carnuaba.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow I didn`t realize they were based in North Branford...hmm thats only 30 minutes away. I wonder if they have a store there.

Anyone ever been there???

Past Detail City Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

MrDetail

Waxing by bare hands is not for everyone, if you see no enjoyment or benefits what so ever you should not try it again. And if you are scratching your finish with your hands something else is seriously wrong. I have shaken the hands of many old time detailers who made me wonder if I was going to get my hand back in one piece. Callused to almost a Velcro state from years of solvent and acid abuse has created dead layers of skin one upon another. Many must wear mechanic`s protective gloves if they wish to remain in the business.

Not everyone warms up to the idea of bare hand waxing, not even Zymol`s C.E.O. When told of bare hand waxing his comment was that he couldn`t ask his customers to do that. Yet a couple month later, there he was with his brother on the Polo Field at Pebble Beach prepping and waxing a few fine cars bare handed for the Concours D`Elegance.

As far as how to do it goes, it should be a natural process. First a small amount on the finger tips and apply and spread. As you become comfortable and more familiar add more wax and use both the fingers and palms of the hands to spread. Speed is not the important thing, just enjoyment. A pro would not fine doing bare hand waxing cost efficient unless they were charging for the extra care and treatment.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by David Wyllie
    MrDetail

Waxing by bare hands is not for everyone, if you see no enjoyment or benefits what so ever you should not try it again. And if you are scratching your finish with your hands something else is seriously wrong. I have shaken the hands of many old time detailers who made me wonder if I was going to get my hand back in one piece. Callused to almost a Velcro state from years of solvent and acid abuse has created dead layers of skin one upon another. Many must wear mechanic`s protective gloves if they wish to remain in the business.

Not everyone warms up to the idea of bare hand waxing, not even Zymol`s C.E.O. When told of bare hand waxing his comment was that he couldn`t ask his customers to do that. Yet a couple month later, there he was with his brother on the Polo Field at Pebble Beach prepping and waxing a few fine cars bare handed for the Concours D`Elegance.

As far as how to do it goes, it should be a natural process. First a small amount on the finger tips and apply and spread. As you become comfortable and more familiar add more wax and use both the fingers and palms of the hands to spread. Speed is not the important thing, just enjoyment. A pro would not fine doing bare hand waxing cost efficient unless they were charging for the extra care and treatment.
    well put, i dont think waxing is for everyone, like you said, Its one of those things (like everything in detailing) where some like it and others dont. Its a personal thing. I know i enjoy doing it on both mine and customers cars, lets me get closer to the paint
    06 Nissan Altima 3.5SE

Post Thanks / Like

MrDetail

My hands are not callused but I still found that I scratched the finish some how. I also did not rub hard at all. I don`t know if the wax was not warm enough since the concourse feels gritty until it is melted. I was able to apply it via a foam applicator after melting it in my palm and then transferring it toi the applicator without scratching. The concours smells so great it is a pleasure working with it so time is not an issue as I enjoy being around my car and apply coat after coat of Zaino unnecessarily just for enjoyment. For my show cars looks is my only concern, not how long it takes to apply, cost or durability but somehow I find a good sealant looks best for me on my black paint. I think the key word are "for me" since every bodies taste is different. Who know what I would be using if my car was a different color or maybe even a different brands of paint. I guess I should be happy since the Zymol is so expensive. Probably not a habit I want to get into. LOL

Is there any special method for applying buy hand? Straight lines or circle? I was always taught circles are a no no but it seems like the logical way when doing by hand. Exactly how do you do it? How much wax at a time etc etc etc...

Past Detail City Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

MrDetail

I think you have already found the product for you, Zaino. It seems to be filling your needs perfectly.

Post Thanks / Like

What I do is to use latex gloves when I apply an EGZymol glaze. I do this so as to protect my surface from the chance of getting a marred mark from the scaley side of my hand or even from the tip of my fingernails. In the end it also is cleaner than doing it with your bare hands.

If you decide to use gloves, use latex and not rubber. Rubber clear gloves WILL marr your surface. Just a tip from an unfortunate experience, that luckily my PC resolved a year later!

Post Thanks / Like

Amazing how long this thread has been going. Has anyone tried it yet???

I am still waiting for a certain RED (zymol is like peanut butter and jelly on red..............hurry!!) jag to stop teasing us and try on a coat of Concours!!

Post Thanks / Like

i want it to stop teasing me. im almost in tears i want to try it so badly. The jag is in storage, but i am thinking of my freinds red miata, or my dads black park avenue (i love his paint), Exams are over, and i dont move till a week after i get back.
    trust me i want to use the wax so badly but unforublty the oppertunity hasnt presented itself, and i dont plan on using the wax on any car.. its a little expensive for the likes of any car... or a students budget
    06 Nissan Altima 3.5SE

Post Thanks / Like

I know its pricey. When I was going to school I had no idea that pure wax would cost the levels that Zymol and some others are asking. I thought once that 9.99 for a bottle of gliptone or mother`s was high! Add to it, I did not have the material at that time (actually I did, my first car. I thought that it didn`t have good paint so I used to wax it to death. In hindsight, it really needed a good polish prepping, which it never received.) to really experiment with waxes.

Post Thanks / Like

MrDetail

I think you have already found the product for you, Zaino. It seems to be filling your needs perfectly.
    You may be correct but that does not mean that I should stop looking. If that were the case I probably would not have found Zaino and will definitely not find the "next" best thing. You need to keep an open mind and try everything if you are a true enthusiast like me.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread Information