Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Waterless Car Wash comparison

Good Morning Everyone,

I was wondering how many of you have tried the following dry wash products on your vehicle:

Detail King Dry wash
    Freedom Waterless Wash
    DP Waterless Wash
    PoBoys Waterless wash
    Dri wash-n-guard waterless ION wash
    ASI Car Care Waterless car wash

What should you look for in a top quality dri wash product?
    What ingredients should you look for that would make you not purchase the product?
    Finally, what product works with minor scratchs?

Thanks

MagicCity33
    Touch of Class.......

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Waterless Car Wash comparison

Before I started using Poorboy`s Spray & Wipe, I wouldn`t have even considered a waterless wash product.
    It has since become my most used product. I still can`t bring myself to use it on a really dirty vehicle. During the winter months, a trip to the DIY car wash to knock the big chunks off followed up by the S&W works great for me.
    My experience with other waterless or low water use washes has been limited to a product called "Wet Paint" (similar to the Dri Wash-n-Gard, I think), and a low water use product by Protect All called Quick & Easy Wash. (QEW).
    Since I use the S&W as my waterless wash, that should tell you my preference.

Not having used the other products you list, I can`t comment on how they work. I will say this, until I used the S&W, I didn`t think any of them worked. I was wrong.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

I totally agree with CharlesW. I have been using PB`s Spray & Wipe for about 3 months now and just love the stuff. I am still a little Leary of using in on a very dirty vehicle but when there is a light coat of dirt or dust this stuff is great. I have not used any of the other products you have listed so I can`t comment on them. I just know that this stuff works. JoeD

Post Thanks / Like

I have used the DP and PB S&W.

I have 32 oz. of the DP and 5 gallons of Poorboys Spray and Wipe. That should tell you which one I prefer .

The DP works decently but I had a lot of streaking and smearing. It went away with a few extra wipes of a towel but it was the extra effort that gives a nod to S&W.

Some guy at a gas station tried to sell me a waterless wash in an aerosal can which had carnauba wax in it but when he used it on one of my rocker panels there was no slickness = stripped the wax that was on there.

QEW is a rinseless wash. You put a few OZs in a bucket of water, wash normally with a mitt, and then you wipe the car dry with a towel. It works but requires more time and more water.
    "Whether you think you can or think you can`t - you are right " -Henry Ford

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the responses. I have been skepticle as to whether this stuff works or not and didn`t want to scratch my car or anyone elses cars during the winter months. I know that I could us water here in Alabama but wanted to make sure that I had a back up plan just in case I didn`t feel like freezing my a!@@# off.

Post Thanks / Like

Take a look here to see what blkyukon used S&W on with no marring:
    poorboysworld.net :: View topic - Spray & Wipe Usage
    You can probably use it with a little dirtier car especially if you use a fresh towel every so often. And if you are going to be polishing the paint afterwards you can use it on a very dirty car because at that point you may induce a little marring which could be easily removed.
    "Whether you think you can or think you can`t - you are right " -Henry Ford

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MagicCity33
    I know that I could us water here in Alabama but wanted to make sure that I had a back up plan just in case I didn`t feel like freezing my a!@@# off.

Come to the northern states if you think it gets cold in Alabama.
    Actually, I just checked weather.com and you do get some cold weather in Birmingham. That surprised me.
    It`s still a little cooler up here, though.

Charles

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

If you do decide to get the S&W, you might as well buy a gallon and not even fool around with the pint & quart sizes.
    If I had a good place to keep it, I think I probably should buy the 5 gallon container.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks budman3, the link was very helpful. Now I know I`m going to order some. The temp dropped to mid 40`s yesterday evening and I washed my wifes 98` cadillac deville and with the wind blowing it felt like it was in the 30`s. It took me forever to get the water off (Cadi`s seem to hold water everywhere.) and when I finally got inside my hands were numb for several minutes. I figured that their had to be a product out there that would help me get rid of some of the hand numbing pain......

Post Thanks / Like

CharlesW I wish I had checked the weather yesterday before trying to clean my wifes car it really caught me off guard. I would not do well anywhere where it snows on a regular basis and/or always cold. This will be my first year trying to detail during the winter months so I`m trying to get myself geared up.

Post Thanks / Like

I never wash my car anymore I am hooked on S&W when my car get a little dirty grab a MF and my spray bottle of S&W and go to town...

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Waterless Car Wash comparison

I havent tryed any of the other products that you have listed but i have used PB`s S+W (of course) and i use it on my car when it is well pretty dirty. i just turn the cloth alot so i dont pick up and drag any of the big particles of dirt. Since the fall is coming around (or already here lol) i find that s+w works great on the spots that the leaves leave behind when the sit on ur car for a long time or when it rains and ur car dryes but underneath the leaves it dosen`t so i just grab a MF and S+W it down.

Post Thanks / Like

HAHHA i watched the Dri wash-n-guard video and he says you can wash your car with a rotary!

Post Thanks / Like

HAHA wow i just watched that dri-wash video. WOW im impressed, it seams like a wicked products.. Ok i cant fo it with a straigh face.
    It may work but that video cracks me up.. I love the part at the end where it says that it containes no things harmfull to your paint such as wax.
    I cant comment on how it works but hey i got a kick out of it.

As for the waterless or low water wash. Im an avid fan of optimum no rinse. At first I would only use it on a dusty car but now i use it on a dirty car, it works well. is inexpensive and and dosent take much water. I have used S&W but it didnt work well (i used it wrong, it was my fault I owe it another shot when i have some more cash). Im sure it works well but ONR is cheaper (and this seams to be the only product i care about it being cheap maybe becasue im back in school) but after this long rant i would say give ONR a shot
    06 Nissan Altima 3.5SE

Post Thanks / Like

Poorboy`s S&W hands down. It is easy, and has given me the best results as far as a waterless wash goes.

Another good option, if you had a garage, is the QEW. Although it really isn`t waterless, it is a good alternative to going out with cold water in cold weather.
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information