wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

Crinkle weave MF towels...

I`ve seen these MF towels with a crinkle texture at Orielly`s and Autozone. They are designed for glass. Tried them out with some Sprayway glass cleaner and they work well. Doesn`t seem to smear like a traditional towel.
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Crinkle weave MF towels...

I think Griot’s has them too. I’ll eventually add them to my pile of tried with mediocre results glass towels. I hope these are the best so far
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, microfiber towels for glass = a lot of not so good results, compared to clean, washed, rinsed in Distilled White Vinegar, cotton towels...

For sure, if I keep up on washing all my towels, microfiber and cotton, (Separately), and dumping some White Vinegar in there, the towels Always come back out really clean, more fluffy, and more absorbent...

Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

My go to glass towels are blue hospital huck towels. They`re cheap, lint free, and I`ve yet to find anything that works as well and costs so little. My next favorite are Carpro`s GlassFibers towels if I`m feeling fancy, or their GlassMitt which is fantastic for interior front and rear windshields.

The first dedicated glass towel I ever tried were those diamond weave and I hated them. Too thin, too grabby, and didn`t seem to clean that well.
    Likes Stokdgs, Ron Ketcham liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have a friend, well the brother of a friend that is an operating room nurse. He got me a couple hundred blue hucks. The hospital assigns X amount to any given procedure and if they aren`t used they go in the garbage can. They let him take them. Absolutely the worst glass towel I`ve ever used. I thought to myself I can`t even imagine how they would let a towel that sheds like this anywhere near an open wound. I`m glad someone has seen better.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, I bought mine from Car Supplies Warehouse and mine have never linted. Even ones that are on the haggard looking side with frayed edges don`t lint. Using them regularly for 2-3 years they all still look and feel the same as they did when I first got them. Likely mine or whoever Car Supplies Warehouse sourced them from were of higher quality. No idea what they`re like now as I already have more than I need so I won`t be buying any more.

I would probably rate the Carpro Glassfiber as better glass towels but they just cost so much in comparison. I do also have some of TRG`s Premium FTW towels but I use them as secondary wipe down/buff towels for non-hydrophobic effecting toppers like NV Boost or highly diluted Ech2o.

Post Thanks / Like

Honestly I think they just keep coming up with new towel designs to get you to buy more towels. When TRC first came to prominence they had the Dry Me a River, which actually was a little different take on a waffle weave because of the larger squares, I thought they worked better. Then they came out with the Pluffle, which was a furry waffle weave, then the twist weave towels, then the Gauntlet, which was half twist, half Pluffle, and on and on. I`m with Bill, they (all the MF companies) keep coming out with different glass towels, and none of them seem to really be any better than what came before.
    Likes 981 Cayman S, tom p., Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The best result I`ve seen in the past year is an initial cleaning with a MF glass towel followed a final wipe with the old school waffle-weave MF drying towel. That`s been working really well for me.
    Cars: bringing people together

Post Thanks / Like

I love the Griots Krinkles worked well. You have clean with crinkle side and final wipe with smooth side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information