Post Thanks / Like

Review - Diamond Protech Diamond Body

This is going to be a first look at one of the new paint coating offerings from Diamond Protech.

Per Diamond Portech`s site:

Diamond ProTech Coatings are not Ceramic Coatings. We have created nano diamond and polymer composites that outperform today’s ceramic coatings in ways that makes this a breakthrough technology.

Diamond ProTech’s patented technology has revolutionized the way the world’s hardest inorganic polymer (perhydropolysilazane – PHPS) is used. We invented a breakthrough method to merge a matrix of enriched nano diamonds with inorganic PHPS to create a flexible coating appropriate for cars.

COMPOSITE COATING PIONEERS

DIAMOND PRO TECH’s coatings are based on an innovative combination of enriched nano diamonds and perhydropolysilazane (PHPS).
    Diamonds are the hardest natural material on the planet. When reduced down to nano size and enriched, they can be blended with polymers. DIAMOND PRO TECH has mastered the mixing of enriched nano diamonds and PHPS to create an evenly distributed, diamond armored, elastic coating with inherent hydrophobic characteristics.
    Perhydropolysilazane is the hardest of transparent silicon-based polymers that cure at natural temperatures. It is heat- resistant, UV-resistant, water-repellent, and provides the highest surface hardness and abrasion resistance that technology can offer. Inorganic versions will not react with organic elements, thereby reducing corrosion.

FEATURES

18 Month Hydrophobic Protection
    Effortless, Single-Layer Application
    Diamond Hard Scratch Resistance
    Offers a Slick-Feeling Caramel Gloss Shine

I recently posted this video up on the application of Diamond Body on my personal car. The reason I chose Diamond Body for this one is the simple fact that it is a garage kept car. I have no need for the longest lasting coating. A coating such as Diamond Body can easily be doubled in its life span on the cars surface.

First off the coating is user friendly considering white paint is not the easiest color to apply a coating too as well as show of the end results. Diffused lighting is your friend for any coating application.

But this coating offers that candy gloss look.

I don`t agree with it being a slick coating as it is best described as a smooth finish. I was asked if this is slick like Gyeon Mohs Evo and the answer is no. Mohs Evo blows Diamond Body away in slickness. It is slick when leveling the coating and wiping off the excess after it flashes but it tacks up as it begins to cure.

One thing I did notice is the scent of the coating reminded me of fabric softener.

The other surprising by product is how it hardened up on the applicator. Initial hydrophobics look good considering I am spraying it from a spray bottle.

Overall a nice product from Diamond ProTech. I will follow up with a first wash video to showcase the true hydrophobic behavior rather than coming out of a spray bottle.

Enjoy and thanks for reading and watching.

Spraying the surface with water resulted in some nice water beading.

Various photos of the car. The paint was polished with Dr. Beasley`s NSP 95. Someone had asked me if I have had any issues using these surface primers with premature coating failure as they don`t require a panel wipe. The answer is no with various ceramic coating, graphene coatings and now these nano polymer composite coatings. The polishes have played well every single coating.

Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes 981 Cayman S, CleanIt, dgage, noorth, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review - Diamond Protech Diamond Body

For those interested in the hydrophobic behavior. of this coating then check this out. Time stamps are in the video.

Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes CleanIt, Old Pirate, Stokdgs, roscopervis liked this post
    Thanks CleanIt thanked for this post

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review - Diamond Protech Diamond Body

Great review of Dr Beasley`s product. I started to use the Dr Beasley`s Matte Wheel Cleaner and their Matte Wheel Seal and it`s been working well for my rims.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!
    Likes The Guz, Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks The Guz thanked for this post

Thread Information