Post Thanks / Like

Review - Diamond Protech Glass

This is going to be a first look at one of the new coating offerings from Diamond Protech.

Per Diamond Portech`s site:

Diamond ProTech Coatings are not Ceramic Coatings. We have created nano diamond and polymer composites that outperform today’s ceramic coatings in ways that makes this a breakthrough technology.

Diamond ProTech’s patented technology has revolutionized the way the world’s hardest inorganic polymer (perhydropolysilazane – PHPS) is used. We invented a breakthrough method to merge a matrix of enriched nano diamonds with inorganic PHPS to create a flexible coating appropriate for cars.

COMPOSITE COATING PIONEERS

DIAMOND PRO TECH’s coatings are based on an innovative combination of enriched nano diamonds and perhydropolysilazane (PHPS).
    Diamonds are the hardest natural material on the planet. When reduced down to nano size and enriched, they can be blended with polymers. DIAMOND PRO TECH has mastered the mixing of enriched nano diamonds and PHPS to create an evenly distributed, diamond armored, elastic coating with inherent hydrophobic characteristics.
    Perhydropolysilazane is the hardest of transparent silicon-based polymers that cure at natural temperatures. It is heat- resistant, UV-resistant, water-repellent, and provides the highest surface hardness and abrasion resistance that technology can offer. Inorganic versions will not react with organic elements, thereby reducing corrosion.

Glass is their dedicated coating for glass.

Diamond Glass offers your car windows extreme repellency to water, ice, and dirt.

This nano diamond coating is easy to apply with long-term professional results offering up to 12 months of hydrophobic protection.

Your car windows are your windows to the world. Diamond Glass protects them from dirt, oil, insects, and maintains fantastic hydrophobic properties. Diamond Glass is best in class – hands down!

Per the chemist, this glass coating has the capability to repel snow from sticking to the glass. This may be important to those that live in areas where it snows.

The application is straight forward. It is a single later coating which makes it rather quick to apply. I was not able to find any information on the allowable time frame to add a second layer. I imagine it is 1 hour like their paint coatings.

Diamond Protech recommends their glass panel wipe when prepping the glass as it uses nanodiamond cleaning power to remove dirt, streaks and oily residue from glass surfaces. I did not use it as I used Meguiar`s M122 surface prep and I did not invest in the purchasing the entire kit but just the bottle of the glass coating.

The video covers the ease of application and the initial hydrophobic behavior.

Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes CleanIt, tom p., Old Pirate liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review - Diamond Protech Glass

Thanks The Guz for the review. Looking forward to long term review
    Likes The Guz liked this post
    Thanks The Guz thanked for this post

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review - Diamond Protech Glass

Same here, looking forward on this product. I have my eye on this one.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Thread Information