Post Thanks / Like

Wolfgang Uber SIO2 Silica Spray

This is a review of the new Wolfgang’s Uber SIO2 Silica Spray. To give the product a fair test I recently did a maintenance detail on my 2018 Porsche Macan currently coated with Gtechniq CSL/EXO. I have had the coating on for over 2 years and with occasional toppers after washes it is still going very strong. I do have some slight water spots on the hood that I would like to address in the future. I feel a mild polish with something like CarPro Essence should rectify those issues.

After having limited chances to add some protection over the winter, I wanted to add something to give a slight extra “boost” to the coating. The detail included a full wash with Carpro Reset and a decon with a dedicated iron remover. I did receive the product from PBMG and asked to give an honest review and thoughts of the use of the product.

Thoughts and Product Observations:

1-Application: One of the notable attributes of Wolfgang Uber SIO2 Silica Spray is its ease of use. After giving the bottle a thorough shake I applied the product by using a two towel method. I find that using a two-towel method with SIO2 sprays is more beneficial as it cuts down on the chance of streaking and ensures a more even application. What I find commonly happens is that the application towel becomes more soaked with product making it difficult to remove all of the product on the finish completely. By using the two-towel method I find I use less product as the application towel become more saturated causing me to use less and less product as I work around the car. I also prefer to spray the product into the towel instead of onto the paint finish. Wolfgang Uber SIO2 Silica Spray applied effortlessly and was easily removed with a second towel with no streaking.

2-Gloss: After applying Wolfgang Uber SIO2 Silica Spray I noticed an immediate increase in the gloss on the paint finish. My Porsche Macan is not garage kept and several days later I also noticed I didn’t have an increase in dust that I have experienced with some other coating boosters.

3-Slickness: Wolfgang Uber SIO2 Silica Spray left the paint finish extremely slick upon application. I did notice even more slickness later in the day which I attribute to the curing of the SIO2 in the product on the finish.

4-Hydrophobics: Wolfgang Uber SIO2 Silica Spray’s beading on the paint finish was excellent. After a heavy rain the beading was substantial and on par with other SIO2 products I have used. I find it amazing how the technology in the detailing industry has evolved allowing you to add amazing protection, slickness, and beading to the paint with almost minimal effort.

5-Conclusion: Wolfgang Uber SIO2 Silica Spray is a fantastic product for someone looking to add protection to an existing coating or to add a sealant to their paint finish. The product applies super easy, is effortless to remove, and leaves a slick finish with excellent beading. Wolfgang Car Care products have been part of the detailing industry for over 25 years when they were first released in 1997. I have many of their products and still remember the release of their Fuzion paste wax. Wolfgang Uber SIO2 Silica Spray is another fantastic addition to the product line. Wolfgang Uber SIO2 Silica Spray is a great value especially if you can catch it on a brand sale which frequently discounts it 25%-30%.

Product Description:

Wolfgang Uber SIO2 Silica Spray

Wolfgang Über SiO2 Silica Spray uses a blend of silica dioxide and super-polymers to create an long-lasting and hard-as-nails finish on your painted surfaces. Wolfgang Über SiO2 Silica Spray is easy to use and within minutes will impart a hydrophobic layer that shines like a wax and protects like a paint sealant. Perfect for use as a stand-alone sealant or as a topper on the paint coating that’s already been applied, Wolfgang Über SiO2 Silica Spray provides the protection your need with the level of shine that you want.

Wolfgang Über SiO2 Silica Spray uses silica dioxide (most commonly found in nature as quartz) to provide a rock-hard layer of protection on your paint. This level of protection creates an extremely high surface tension which, in turn, makes the surface almost waterproof. Instead of pooling on the surface, Wolfgang Über SiO2 Silica Spray makes the water (and other surface contaminants) roll right off!

In addition to extreme levels of hydrophobicity, Wolfgang Über SiO2 Silica Spray leaves a slick finish that helps keep your car cleaner, as well as making it easier to clean next time. And of course, you can’t have a high gloss without a slick surface!

Cost: $34.99 for 16 ounces

Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wolfgang Uber SIO2 Silica Spray

Is this a new version, because I used this product a year ago and was not at all impressed with the beading characteristics compared to other products.

Post Thanks / Like

It must be the newer version. PBMG asked for my thoughts and review based on the new release of the product.
    Likes glfnaz liked this post

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

I bought a bottle last year. It is really glossy. It`s also really concentrated. It seems like your application method probably reduces the chance of streaking.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody View Post
    I bought a bottle last year. It is really glossy. It`s also really concentrated. It seems like your application method probably reduces the chance of streaking.
    Yes I found that spraying into the towel and then wiping the paint surface really cut down on the potential for streaking. It also saves product as well. The application towel will get saturated as you work around the car. This is why I always opt for two towels when applying SI02 sprays.

Thread Information