Post Thanks / Like

Question How to extend pressure washer hose?

I have a Black and Decker pressure washer, picked up at WalMart that delivers 1300 PSI and has about a 19` hose. It`s a real PITA to move the entire thing around my 1/2 ton truck when pressure washing it. I actually have the unit "strapped" to a small movers dolly in order to do so. I was thinking......am I able to cut the hose that attaches to the pressure wand at some point and "extend" it by clamping in some new hose. I want at least another 15` or so. Will it maintain its pressure for the extra length of hose? Has anbody every done this? If so, can you give me some tips please about what kind of hose to use, how to splice it (thinking of a short metal tube on either end of the new hose and radiator screw type SS clamps). Or, is this not a good idea? I don`t want to cut up my hose and find out that it doesn`t work.

p.s. I don`t really want to buy another entire pressure wand with a longer hose, I just want to extend this one. That would be the cheape$t way I think.

Thanks..

Jack in WC

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How to extend pressure washer hose?

Quote Originally Posted by jlift
    I have a Black and Decker pressure washer, picked up at WalMart that delivers 1300 PSI and has about a 19` hose. It`s a real PITA to move the entire thing around my 1/2 ton truck when pressure washing it. I actually have the unit "strapped" to a small movers dolly in order to do so. I was thinking......am I able to cut the hose that attaches to the pressure wand at some point and "extend" it by clamping in some new hose. I want at least another 15` or so. Will it maintain its pressure for the extra length of hose? Has anbody every done this? If so, can you give me some tips please about what kind of hose to use, how to splice it (thinking of a short metal tube on either end of the new hose and radiator screw type SS clamps). Or, is this not a good idea? I don`t want to cut up my hose and find out that it doesn`t work.

p.s. I don`t really want to buy another entire pressure wand with a longer hose, I just want to extend this one. That would be the cheape$t way I think.

Thanks..

Jack in WC
    I the hose is high pressure so I would guess that you need a coupler to attach another hose to it....this is just a guess but based on the one that I have it seems that way...here is a link to a place that sells hose that would replace yours or add to the length....as for what dose that do to the end pressure I would think that it reduces it a bit....

http://www.jgbhose.com/Data_Returns/..._wash_hose.asp
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

The fact that it`s a high pressure unit makes this a little more sensitive than splicing a garden hose. There are hose shops around that make A/C and Power Steering hoses. The would likely be able to help you out and make a safe splice using high pressure fittings. That said, if it were me I wouldn`t waste the time and energy, I would just buy a hose that is the length I want. Better safe than sorry.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

On my Craftsman unit, I bought another hose and got the piece with 2 male ends and connected them. I think I bought the connecter at Lowes.

I`ll take a picture if you want.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: How to extend pressure washer hose?

Yes. Please upload a shot or two. Where do you get the extension hose? Has it decreased the pressure in your machine?

Thank you.

Jack in WC

Post Thanks / Like

You did say you got it at Lowes. Sorry....

thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like

Probably has 22mm male end then you could get a 22mm hose (25` $16.99) from Northern tool if you have them near you. Use a 22mm couplere such as http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...70_37149_37149

I`m planning on doing my 25` hose to make it 50` that way. Best if you have a place local that you can take the hose in and match the fittings to be sure. I tried to look up and see what size your pressure washer used but didn`t see specifics.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey sorry about the late reply. I actually don`t have my PW with me as it`s at the garage I have my work stuff and truck, so I can`t take any pictures.

Here is the hose I bought. I thought it was closer to $30, but I guess not.
    http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...041&lpage=none

Here is the connector I bought to attach the original hose and the hose I bought.
    http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...715&lpage=none

I`m sure I loose some pressure, but I honestly couldn`t tell a difference.

Thread Information