Post Thanks / Like

Review - Gyeon Pure Evo

Gyeon revealed their newly reformulated coatings during their Gyeon Show 2021 which went live during SEMA 2021 week.

Nathan who is a Gyeon USA representative reached out to me and asked if I would be interesting in trying out the new coatings. I could not pass up on the offer so I thank Nathan for sending them out to me.

For those asking how did Nathan get in contact with me, well he follows my youtube channel and we are both members in a coating Facebook group. He reached out to me via email. We eventually spoke on the phone and I shared my feedback with the previous versions of the Gyeon coatings. He also gave me a rundown of the new coatings.

First up is Pure Evo. I personally never used the previous version as I was not wanting to work with an unusual application. I did not want to work that hard to apply and remove the coating.

Pure Evo has been reformulated along with all of the other Gyeon coatings to be one layer. That is right only one layer required other than Syncro Evo which is a two part coating. We will get to this later.

Background information on the Pure Evo ceramic coating:

• Up to 36 months (3 years)
    • One layer. Second layer completely option but can be applied 1 hour after the first layer.
    • It is a SiO2 coating boasting the highest percentage of silica (~90%) before it can cure in the bottle. Keep in mind this is in the Gyeon line up.
    • Provides a candy gloss appearance (appears as of the vehicle has been dipped in glass)
    • Extreme Chemical and Water Spot Resistance
    • Wipe as long as 10 minutes (Nathan told me up to 20 minutes). Flash time depends on the temperature and humidity.
    • Smooth and safe wipe off
    • Can be applied to paint, glass, trim, wheels
    • Outdoor Friendly. Meaning it can be applied outside but not in direct sun and avoid wet wet weather for the first 24 hours as it will affect the cure time (ie dew, rain). This will be a big hit for those that don’t have access to a garage as it applies to all of the Gyeon coatings. One thing mentioned in the included maintenance book, is to apply Gyeon Cure as a precaution if planning to leave it outside.

Final Thoughts:

I share most of my thoughts in the video but this coating applies so smooth. It goes on thick and the long flash times is a nice attribute as one can apply it to multiple panels and come back to wipe it off. I personally like this as I can finish coating quicker rather than working panel by panel.

This coating provided that candy gloss which looks great on light colored vehicles as it allows for these colors to “pop”. It can be used on any color as long as one is after that candy gloss look as if the vehicle was dipped in glass. It is all personal preference.

I enjoyed the overall experience with this coating and I suspect it will be a hit for Gyeon. It is to be priced and compete with Cquartz UK 3.0. I know someone will ask on the gloss between these two and I am going to give the edge to Pure Evo. CQUK 3.0 tends to darken more which gives it a more crisp look rather than that glassy look. This does not mean CQUK 3.0 is a bad coating. Quite contrary it is a great coating and Pure Evo has to prove if it can hang with one of the best coatings on the market (which I suspect it will). Again personal preference on the look one wants to achieve.

The vehicle it was applied to is my brothers silver 2018 Chevrolet Equinox Redline Edition. It was polished with the Dr. Beasley`s NSP 95 surface primer which leaves some of the best gloss due to it containing SiO2 and TiO2. Pure Evo just enhanced the look even further.

Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Thanks Rod73, Desertnate thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review - Gyeon Pure Evo

The Guz:
    Thanks for your review of Gyeon`s "reformulated" Evo Pure. I know you are (or were) not a big fan of Gyeon products for reasons mentioned above about their application "difficulties".

Also, your mention of using Dr.Beasley`s NSP95 "surface primer" has piqued my interest and I ask how it corrects and polishes (AKA, finishes down) compared to other correction or polishing products you have used in the past. I assume, then, that there are no compatibility issues between Dr.Beasley`s and Gyeon.

Did you have insomnia that you have started this thread at 12:12 AM or were you just that excited to get this information out ASAP? (Always the joker, Captain Obvious!)
    GB detailer
    Thanks noorth thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I would recommend to watch this video to get more information on the surface primers. They are versatile products with good correction and finishing. Great for those wanting to go to a ceramic coating without the need for a panel wipe. Saves a lot of time not having to panel wipe.

Likes Coatings=crack, noorth liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    I would recommend to watch this video to get more information on the surface primers. They are versatile products with good correction and finishing. Great for those wanting to go to a ceramic coating without the need for a panel wipe. Saves a lot of time not having to panel wipe.

I have not had luck nor read many great reviews for Dr Beasleys. Have you use this on any coating that has been on for any amount of duration?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Yes. On my daily that has P&S Legend since I think July 2021. Non issue with any coating thus far.

I’ll take no panel wipe, no dust and better gloss with these over Gyeon Primer and CarPro Essence.

These polishes leave behind SiO2 and TiO2. The paint looks coated after using any of them.

The only one I did not like is there AIO Z1.
    Thanks Coatings=crack thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yes. On my daily that has P&S Legend since I think July 2021. Non issue with any coating thus far.

I’ll take no panel wipe, no dust and better gloss with these over Gyeon Primer and CarPro Essence.

These polishes leave behind SiO2 and TiO2. The paint looks coated after using any of them.

Last question and thanks for all the answers.

There is a 22ple coating that I know you’ve said it’s thr glossiest you’ve seen (insanity?), is the Pure Evo close in gloss?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Last question and thanks for all the answers.

There is a 22ple coating that I know you’ve said it’s thr glossiest you’ve seen (insanity?), is the Pure Evo close in gloss?

Tough call as I used two different polishes. Insanity is a great coating and looks very glossy.

The surface primers NSP 95 and 45 have the benefit of leaving SiO2 and TiO2. The TiO2 adds reflectivity so any coating applied over it is going to enhance the look even further. Such as using Pure Evo over it. Which to my eyes looks glossier than P&S Legend using NSP 95.

Would Insanity look even better over NSP 94 or 45? For sure it would. But I can’t say as I have not tried that combo yet. I was originally going to go back to 22ple but I was sent these Gyeon coatings and pushed that back.
    Likes Coatings=crack, dgage liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review, Guz.

Funny thing, Z1 is the only one I bought from them! D`OH
    (haven`t tried it)
    Likes The Guz liked this post
    Thanks The Guz thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Good review. I’m not sure if you’ve used it, but from what you’ve said, it seems that the new Pure Evo has many similar characteristics to Feynlab’s Ceramic Coating - their typical 3 year product. That too has that candy gloss, applies thickly and has a long and forgiving dwell time, so much so that a whole car can be coated before beginning wiping it off, which is also easy.

I never see very much about Feynlab, but if another brand has benchmarked them and produced a similar product, that is a good thing.
    Likes The Guz liked this post
    Thanks The Guz thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Is the "dipped in glass" look a property of it being a SiO2 based product?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DownSouth View Post
    Is the "dipped in glass" look a property of it being a SiO2 based product?
    Possibly as this coating contains the most amount of silica in the Gyeon coating line up. I am not the chemist but this could be a good reason why.

Keep the Blues Alive! BadgerRivFan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    Thanks for the review, Guz.

Funny thing, Z1 is the only one I bought from them! D`OH
    (haven`t tried it)
    I have the full NSP line and tried the Z1 first, on a white Cadillac. Topped it with TAC One Step Master for an easy “coating light” combo. Although the Z1 on its own wasn’t a Review - Gyeon Pure Evo, I thought it made a nice base layer of protection to then add another ceramic topper too.

The car is stored for the winter so I have no idea about durability but no doubt it will get me through the summer. Looks glossy though!

Al S.

​"Blues done made me wild... got deep down in my soul"
    - Buddy Guy
    Likes dgage, Coatings=crack, JustJesus, noorth liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerRivFan View Post
    The car is stored for the winter so I have no idea about durability but no doubt it will get me through the summer. Looks glossy though!
    Does look good !
    Thanks BadgerRivFan thanked for this post

Thread Information