Gyeon revealed their newly reformulated coatings during their Gyeon Show 2021 which went live during SEMA 2021 week.

Nathan who is a Gyeon USA representative reached out to me and asked if I would be interesting in trying out the new coatings. I could not pass up on the offer so I thank Nathan for sending them out to me.

For those asking how did Nathan get in contact with me, well he follows my youtube channel and we are both members in a coating Facebook group. He reached out to me via email. We eventually spoke on the phone and I shared my feedback with the previous versions of the Gyeon coatings. He also gave me a rundown of the new coatings.

First up is Pure Evo. I personally never used the previous version as I was not wanting to work with an unusual application. I did not want to work that hard to apply and remove the coating.

Pure Evo has been reformulated along with all of the other Gyeon coatings to be one layer. That is right only one layer required other than Syncro Evo which is a two part coating. We will get to this later.

Background information on the Pure Evo ceramic coating:

• Up to 36 months (3 years)
  • One layer. Second layer completely option but can be applied 1 hour after the first layer.
  • It is a SiO2 coating boasting the highest percentage of silica (~90%) before it can cure in the bottle. Keep in mind this is in the Gyeon line up.
  • Provides a candy gloss appearance (appears as of the vehicle has been dipped in glass)
  • Extreme Chemical and Water Spot Resistance
  • Wipe as long as 10 minutes (Nathan told me up to 20 minutes). Flash time depends on the temperature and humidity.
  • Smooth and safe wipe off
  • Can be applied to paint, glass, trim, wheels
  • Outdoor Friendly. Meaning it can be applied outside but not in direct sun and avoid wet wet weather for the first 24 hours as it will affect the cure time (ie dew, rain). This will be a big hit for those that don’t have access to a garage as it applies to all of the Gyeon coatings. One thing mentioned in the included maintenance book, is to apply Gyeon Cure as a precaution if planning to leave it outside.

Final Thoughts:

I share most of my thoughts in the video but this coating applies so smooth. It goes on thick and the long flash times is a nice attribute as one can apply it to multiple panels and come back to wipe it off. I personally like this as I can finish coating quicker rather than working panel by panel.

This coating provided that candy gloss which looks great on light colored vehicles as it allows for these colors to “pop”. It can be used on any color as long as one is after that candy gloss look as if the vehicle was dipped in glass. It is all personal preference.

I enjoyed the overall experience with this coating and I suspect it will be a hit for Gyeon. It is to be priced and compete with Cquartz UK 3.0. I know someone will ask on the gloss between these two and I am going to give the edge to Pure Evo. CQUK 3.0 tends to darken more which gives it a more crisp look rather than that glassy look. This does not mean CQUK 3.0 is a bad coating. Quite contrary it is a great coating and Pure Evo has to prove if it can hang with one of the best coatings on the market (which I suspect it will). Again personal preference on the look one wants to achieve.

The vehicle it was applied to is my brothers silver 2018 Chevrolet Equinox Redline Edition. It was polished with the Dr. Beasley`s NSP 95 surface primer which leaves some of the best gloss due to it containing SiO2 and TiO2. Pure Evo just enhanced the look even further.