Post Thanks / Like

Review - Coating Caddy Ceramic and Graphene Bottle Holder

This product comes from one of our own. The product name is Coating Caddy Ceramic and Graphene Bottle Holder designed and trademarked by JustJesus

It is best to watch the video but this is a bottle holder for coatings. He is able to customize them to ones needs.

I will say that the evolution of the design has come a long way. Support your local forum member as this has been gaining traction amongst the detailing world. For those on social media follow him on instagram Login • Instagram or search for @bb_detailing to view various photos. PM him if interested.

Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Thanks JustJesus thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review - Coating Caddy Ceramic and Graphene Bottle Holder

That`s the American entrepreneurial way: See a problem, create a solution, and then sell it. Great job, Just Jesus!!
    One very nice design feature that I see is the material it is made out of. It will not abrade a plastic bottle like a self-made wood one might or a sheet metal fabricated holder could.
    I am not willing to say that this is the next best thing since sliced bread or the next hula-hoop invention, but it is one of those "why didn`t I think of that" products.

I do have a Captain Obvious question for Just Jesus:
    1) When you say trademarked is that just the name of the product itself OR do you mean that this particular product is patented due to its shape and material and process to make it? I assume just the name, as the shape is really not "unique", but its application is, although you could apply this to any type of product bottles, especially for the medical field. (HUUMMMM! Another market to appeal to!)

Yes, I`ve spilled my fair-share of car-care chemical products over the years of detailing due to my inept klutzy-ness. The more you do detailing, the more likely it will happen. Product trays or caddys, as this one is called, definitely have there place in detailing.
    That, and don`t place detailing product spray bottles on the ground where you are likely to kick them over or run them over as you move a vehicle. Been there, done that. (Boy, Captain Obvious, you really ARE a klutz! Guess common sense ain`t so common after all!)

Two suggestions as an extension of this Coating Caddy:
    1) A larger version of the four-hole caddy for use with 32-ounce/quart/liter OR 16-ounce/pint/half liter-size spray bottles as a "holder` on top of mobile cart trays to prevent tip-over spillage of such bottles.
    2) A cone-shaped holder for a single fore-mentioned spray bottle bottom to prevent spillage AND could act as a practice cup for golf putting, depending on the height of the truncated cone-shape and the inside diameter of the hole to accommodate a spray or product bottle.
    GB detailer
    Likes CleanIt liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

It`s a solid product! I`ve been helping out with the testing of these for a while now and I will say the final product hits it on the head. The rubber feet on it keeps it where you put it so you won`t drop/knock off your $$$expensive coating.

Well done, so grab one for yourself!
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology
    Likes The Guz, JustJesus liked this post
    Thanks The Guz thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

First off, thank you Guz for this thread and for the nice comments AND the YT video! All of that, plus the feedback given over the year(s) is truly appreiciated.

I must be careful, as I`m not a "vendor" here, and is why I`ve been hesitant about posting here. I, myself, had no intent of bringing it up on this site.
    So, just to say thanks, and to answer some questions....

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    That`s the American entrepreneurial way: See a problem, create a solution, and then sell it. Great job, Just Jesus!!
    One very nice design feature that I see is the material it is made out of. It will not abrade a plastic bottle like a self-made wood one might or a sheet metal fabricated holder could.
    I am not willing to say that this is the next best thing since sliced bread or the next hula-hoop invention, but it is one of those "why didn`t I think of that" products.

I do have a Captain Obvious question for Just Jesus:
    1) When you say trademarked is that just the name of the product itself OR do you mean that this particular product is patented due to its shape and material and process to make it? I assume just the name, as the shape is really not "unique"

Yes, I`ve spilled my fair-share of car-care chemical products over the years of detailing due to my inept klutzy-ness. The more you do detailing, the more likely it will happen. Product trays or caddys, as this one is called, definitely have there place in detailing.
    That, and don`t place detailing product spray bottles on the ground where you are likely to kick them over or run them over as you move a vehicle. Been there, done that. (Boy, Captain Obvious, you really ARE a klutz! Guess common sense ain`t so common after all!)

Two suggestions as an extension of this Coating Caddy:
    1) A larger version of the four-hole caddy for use with 32-ounce/quart/liter OR 16-ounce/pint/half liter-size spray bottles as a "holder` on top of mobile cart trays to prevent tip-over spillage of such bottles.
    2) A cone-shaped holder for a single fore-mentioned spray bottle bottom to prevent spillage AND could act as a practice cup for golf putting, depending on the height of the truncated cone-shape and the inside diameter of the hole to accommodate a spray or product bottle.
    Thank you, Lonnie!!

It helps that I have a 3D printer. I`ve found quite a few "problems" I`ve been able to solve with that machine! It`s great! So it happens to print in plastic, and that`s what I did to make the bottle holders.
    LOL - not even close to being the next best thing since sliced bread. I know, because I love sliced bread!

The name Coating Caddy(TM) is trademarked. It`s currently undergoing the process to make it a REGISTERED Trademark. So I`ll be able to use the (R) symbol if it`s approved. For the time being, I`m "announcing" that I`m pursuing the registration by using the TM symbol. Lets others know of my intent. - The product itself is not patented.

From what I`m hearing, spilling coating is somewhat common. And I, too, have knocked over a spray bottle or two! So don`t feel like you`re clumsy! It happens to all of us, I`m sure!

Lonnie, thanks for the suggestions.
    1) that is like MEGA sized! haha. I believe I`ve seen some MFGs with products that do just that, though. Adams` comes to mind. Though, they probably hold 8 bottles. The new Griot`s cart actually incorporates a design with "pockets" to hold bottles, too.
    2) whoa. I`m having a tough time visualizing this one! Cone shape? hmmm. with the tip in the down position?

Thanks for your time and suggestions, Lonnie
    Likes Stokdgs, Lonnie, mc2hill liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzle Chest View Post
    It`s a solid product! I`ve been helping out with the testing of these for a while now and I will say the final product hits it on the head. The rubber feet on it keeps it where you put it so you won`t drop/knock off your $$$expensive coating.

Well done, so grab one for yourself!
    haha. complete from drop testing, to various sized bottles! Thanks for your testing of this, Sizzle Chest.

Rubber feet were another tester`s (thanks Mitch) suggestion. I took all the feedback provided by you guys into consideration and came up with that final design.

Newer design in development for those who use the larger applicators, or the Puck from The Rag Company.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Just Jesus:
    The second suggestion about a truncated cone-shape for a single bottle holder is this:
    Take cone or conic shape and cut the TOP pointed part off (that`s what "truncated" means), then add a hole to middle of it to fit or accommodate a spray bottle bottom so that this "holder" acts like a bottle stabilizer with the wide circular bottom or base of the cone preventing tip-over spillages. The hole in the middle of the truncated cone would probably need to be somewhat tapered slightly so that top diameter is JUST bigger to allow the bottle to guide the bottle in. The hole does NOT go all the way through the cone. This holder does not need to "stick" to the bottle when it is picked up for use, BUT then again, maybe it should. Depends on the size diameter of the bottom of the cone. So when you set the spray bottle down, there is less chance of knocking it over.
    OR you could have just a thin cone shaped base and cylinder shape at the top, like a beer can cooler sleeve, for this design.
    OR think of a pipe cap that fits over the outside diameter of a pipe to keep debris out and the end has a large diameter, thin base or tip at the end so one can grab on to it to remove it. Just enlarge that design to fit a spray bottle bottom to act as stabilizer base holder.
    (You know Captain Obvious, a picture is worth a thousand words. Just PM Just Jesus a technical drawing made on AutoCad as a .dwg file. You said you were a draftsmen/CAD technician)
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Lonnie, that is making more sense now. thanks for the added description.

I`m guessing, being a draftsmen/CAD tech, you can probably whip up something rather quickly? Send me a DWG and I`ll see what I can do with it.
    Even better, if you have specific bottles you have in mind, do the DWG for those specs and I`ll try and turn that into a physical product for you. You can email at jesussaucedo@outlook.com.

Post Thanks / Like

What a great idea! I really like the blue one with the place for the applicator.

I just coated my daughter`s car last week and even though I put the bottle on the tray under my stool, it was constantly falling over. Trying to find a safe place while working on higher areas like the hood and roof was a constant challenge. This solves the problem.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog
    Likes JustJesus liked this post
    Thanks JustJesus thanked for this post

Thread Information