Post Thanks / Like

Response from 303 regarding application and removal Graphene Coating

Question:

I have a question about the 303 Graphene Nano Spray Coating. Application is EASY, but it`s the removal I am (kind of) having issues with. If I let it completely dry to a haze, like say by coating the whole car before removing, then removal is a BEAR! If I go section by section, and only let it partially haze, then removal is clean and easy, but am I messing up by not letting it fully haze?

Hi Don. We recommend going section by section versus doing the whole car at once before removing (Should be around 5 minutes). Do one section then move to the next and once that next section is done come back and buff the previous section and repeat. Keep in mind though that if it is buffed too early it can decrease the effectiveness of the coating, so be sure to wait around that 5 minute mark, and that there is white hazing occurring on the surface. Hope this helps - Have a great day!
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Response from 303 regarding application and removal Graphene Coating

So, is 303 recommending a cure/dwell/haze-over time of about 5 minutes after its initial application??
    Just curious, because ambient temperature and humidity conditions and how "heavy" or "light" the end-user is applying it will surely affect those cure times, not to mention the condition of the paint/clear-coat and the type of paint or clear-coat

Is this product applied by spraying/misting DIRECTLY onto a surface OR by spraying into an applicator, like a microfiber cloth, rubbing it in and then removed with a different microfiber cloth after waiting the suggested 5 minute cure time?

What specific microfiber(s) [manufacturer(s) and type(s) or name(s)] are you using for an applicator and then removal of this product? (Yes, I ALWAYS ask that same question about every use of a detailing product, but specific microfibers can make-or-break the desired end results and performance of such detailing products, not to mention taking some of the "work" out of the application and removal process)

In summation, I just wonder what methodologies you are using with this product to get the most out of it.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Response from 303 regarding application and removal Graphene Coating

I am applying it with microfiber applicators from the auto parts store - I have used these for years and despite being cheap they have always worked well for me and I throw them away after use instead of trying to wash them. The microfiber removal towels I really dropped the ball on. They are from Sam`s Club and while they are not the best have worked well...my problem is that I have held on to them for too long without replacing them and I`m pretty sure they have outlived their usefulness as paint towels - they should have been down graded a few years ago, but I plan on remedying that soon. I do have three new, plush microfiber towels (Chemical Guy`s branded) that I used with the Turtle Wax Grahene Flex Wax, and I SHOULD have used those for the 303.

The older microfibers don`t absorb very well anymore so I`m sure that`s a big part of why some of the carrier solution got left behind on the paint and caused some smearing on parts of the car.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Likes grungy liked this post

Thread Information