Post Thanks / Like

Some smearing and 1st time driving in the rain with 303

Driving home from work today, I hit a light rain going down the highway. On the glass, the 303 acted amazingly like Rain-X as far as water repellency, with even the smallest drops of water shooting up the glass as I travelled about 70 mph. On the paint, the water literally FLEW up the hood and across the vertical panels and once I got home, the car was practically dry, with only scattered droplets of water remaining on the surface + the car still looked remarkably clean. Granted this was a short-term, light rain shower, but it made me wish for a downpour so I could really see the behavior of a lot of water hitting the car while at speed.

As for the smearing/haze, I noticed it yesterday. There are random `splotches` where it looks like I didn`t buff off all the residue when removing the 303 after application (I did). I am thinking that by applying "so much" at once (two coats within an hour`s time), the carrier did not fully evaporate and has since `seeped` out to the surface. I have seen this phenomenon before (with Klasse Sealant Glaze) and all that was required was a good wash & dry to remove the splotches and the surface looked perfect again. I was going to give that a try, but seeing as how it`s supposed to rain for the next week, I might not be able to wash it for a while. You have to be close and at the right angle to see the splotching/smearing and a non-car person would never see it, and the car still looks great.

I did take clean mf cloth an gently wipe at one of the splotches and in removed most of it except for some LIGHT smearing which seems to confirm my opinion that it is the carrier liquid that didn`t evaporate entirely coming to the surface.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Some smearing and 1st time driving in the rain with 303

Does the finish feel less grabby a week out?
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Some smearing and 1st time driving in the rain with 303

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    Does the finish feel less grabby a week out?
    Yes, but slickness still isn`t anywhere near that of most all of the other products. BUT!!! the water behavior so far is on par or better than many of them and it really doesn`t seem to collect dirt and dust at all. It seems counter intuitive to say that it`s not slick, but yet things aren`t sticking to it.

The first week, there were dead bugs all over the front bumper, but just a garden hose and a wipe with the wash mitt and they were gone without a trace with NO scrubbing. I have yet to have it out of the garage in a heavy rain, but based on what I posted above and on the water behavior with ONE coat during a wash, this stuff seems to be awesome.

If the durability is there (and I see no reason it shouldn`t be) I might have found a new favorite.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Thread Information