Post Thanks / Like

Detailer`s Pride Ceramic Paint Sealant Review

This is a review of the Detailer’s Pride (DP) Ceramic Paint Sealant. PBMG was gracious to send out several of the new products in the DP ceramic line for review. You may recall that I did a review on the new Detailer’s Pride Quick Coat and used my 2012 Jeep Sahara for testing purposes. As part of the review and since I was also sent the Detailer’s Pride Ceramic Paint Sealant, I decided to apply Quick Coat to one half/side of the car and the Ceramic Paint Sealant on the other for comparison.

My review of the Detailer’s Pride Quick Coat can be found here:

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum...uick-coat.html

Product Description:

Detailer’s Pride Quick Coat

When looking for protection, gloss and an easy application, look no further than DP Ceramic Paint Sealant. DP Ceramic Paint Sealant is infused with SiO2 for not only gloss, but also slickness and hydrophobicity. Super easy to apply and remove, DP Ceramic Paint Sealant is even self-cleaning.

DP Ceramic Paint Sealant is formulated to create a layer of protection on treated surfaces. This protection will prevent against water spots, damage from UV rays, chemical stains and other pesky environmental contaminants. In addition, DP Ceramic Paint Sealant also prevents future potential contaminants from creating too strong a hold. This protection is increased with its SiO2 infused formula. This formula enacts gloss and slickness, making it look great, but it also promotes hydrophobicity.

What to expect:

• SELF-CLEANING- Makes washing your car even easier.
    • HYDROPHOBICITY- Allows water to bead off to protect against water spots.
    • THE LOOK- Prepare for a glossy and slick look.

Directions:

-Shake well before use.
    -Ensure surface is freshly washed, dried and cool to the touch.
    -Do not apply in direct sunlight.
    -Use DP Coating Prep Spray to remove any oils.
    -Use a foam or microfiber applicator, apply DP Ceramic Paint Sealant onto the surface to be treated.
    -Allow to cure for 20 minutes.
    -Buff away with a clean microfiber towel.
    -Continue around vehicle.

Cost: $29.99

Thoughts and Observations:

I applied Detailer’s Pride Ceramic Paint Sealant with a red Lake Country foam applicator pad. The overall application of the product was a dream as the Detailer’s Pride Ceramic Paint Sealant spread easily and almost melted into the paint finish. I waited 20 minutes for the product to cure and removed with a short nap microfiber towel. The removal was almost effortless with no streaking issues at all and with a feeling that there really wasn’t anything to remove. The surface after application was super slick with fantastic gloss. Detailer’s Pride Ceramic Paint Sealant reminded me of the old Four Star Ultimate Paint Protection (UPP). Old school detailers may remember this product from the old days as one of the easiest paint sealants to work with. Removal of UPP almost felt like there was nothing even left on the surface.

In comparison of the Detailer’s Pride Quick Coat and the Detailer’s Pride Ceramic Paint Sealant I would say that both are extremely easy to work with. Obviously, DP Quick Coat will apply faster since it is a spray and there is no cure time prior to removal. The gloss and slickness for both products was almost identical.

However, DP Ceramic Paint Sealant was such a dream to work with as far as application and removal that I am not sure if I would go back to using some of my older paint sealants if DP Ceramic Paint Sealant has increased durability. The major advantage of DP Ceramic Paint Sealant is that you get an SI02 paint sealant which is super easy to apply and remove. I will try and report back on the beading as we are slated to get some serious rain from a tropical depression this coming week.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing
    Likes GearHead_1, PA DETAILER liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Detailer`s Pride Ceramic Paint Sealant Review

Some early morning DP Ceramic Sealant beading after an overnight rain.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing
    Likes GearHead_1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Detailer`s Pride Ceramic Paint Sealant Review

pat does sealant have to dry over nite to cure? before getting wet

Thread Information