Post Thanks / Like

XMT line review as promised to Autogeek

I chose this forum rather than the autogeek forum because I think more people frequent this forum than the sponsor forums.

It`s taken me a long time to get to this review (see my apology thread here....Life (remodeling, and some other personal issues) got in the way and I wanted to use the product a few times before I actually wrote anything about it. I have some pics of a black car that I worked on for you guys to check out. Pardon the Orange Peel....this car had THE WORST OP I`ve EVER seen! Onward to the review:

XMT #3 Intermediate:
    I started with a Wolfgang white polishing pad and #3 to get an idea of how agressive the product is. Spritzed the pad with XMT polishing pad conditioner and began to spread the product at speed 3 on my PC. Bumped to 6 and we`re off the to the races. It didnt really do much, so I knew right away that it wasnt enough pad. Switched to a Orange LC VC light cutting pad. Now we`re cooking with gas. The polish in conjuntion with the pad conditioner was actually very nice to use. It didnt dust much and it had a pretty decent working time. I even did some of the car with a YELLOW (yep, a YELLOW) heavy cut LC pad on speed 6 just to try to get some hazing...NOTHING. Be it the paint or the product, I was amazed at the lack of haze. It really finished down nicely even with the yellow pad.
    Before:

After:

XMT Finishing glaze:
    The Glaze definitely had a nice working time and I really liked the look. It`s supposed to leave behind some protection, but I topped it so I really wont be able to evaluate that any further. It has a nice wet look and it was a breeze to use. Here`s a pic (I know it`s not great, but I`m not much of a photographer):

XMT Polishing Pad conditioner:
    Definitely a nice product. The occasional spritz really cuts down on the dust. I really didnt feel the need to use a WHOLE lot of this product.

XMT Pad cleaner:
    The pad cleaner is great. A couple spritzes per pad and knead under the sink and the pads came clean quickly.

I ended up topping the car with Max Wax and here`s my opinion on it: The max wax is incredibly easy to use. It looks awesome. It has this black camry looking mighty wet and shiny and it has my white DD focus Blingin` out in the driveway right now. I used it on my Dad`s Cinnabar GS400 over Klasse AIO and got a couple months of durability out of it. Souveran is still my favorite carnauba, but I definitely use Max Wax a lot more than Souveran. Havent found a color Max Wax looks bad on yet. Here`s some pics of Max Wax over XMT glaze:

Off topic, but here`s a shot of the orange peel:
    Last edited by Way2SSlow; 07-30-2006 at 06:04 PM. Reason: Stupid typo...oops
    ~werd to yo mutha~
    Wade

Post Thanks / Like

Re: XMT line review as promised to Autogeek

Great job! The car looks awesome!

Post Thanks / Like

Looks great, by the way the orange peel looks good too!

Post Thanks / Like

Car came out great
    "Life is not measured by the breathes we take, but by the moments that take our breathes away" :punk:

Thread Information