Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Gyeon Q2 wax vs Polish Angel Cosmic spritz

So did a comparison on hood of Gyeon Q2 and Polish Angel Cosmic spritz. Cosmic is to me the best topper i’ve used.

Using it as a stand-alone right now and still get amazing beading at 2 month mark. This is longest i’ve let it ride and probably will leave alone till i coat.

Don’t know what to expect from Gyeon’s wax but excited to try a fluorine product.

The contestants:

Washed with Ammo frothe

Polished with Essence and a Lake Country CCS green.

Wiped down with Gyeon Q2 PREP

Pics to show PREP laying flat (protection gone). Product left to dwell for 90seconds.

Wiped down with TRC 365 Miner and then with a TRC pluffle. Let sit for 5 min to let any residual product evaporate and wipe again with fresh 365.

Applied Cosmic.... thoughts:

It’s Cosmic! Applies easy wipes of easy. Super simple application. Instruction say wipe on and wipe off. I let sit for 30-90 seconds and wipe off still a breeze.

Applicator: AF saver

Applied Q2 wax:

It was a little more work but it’s a wax so expected. Applies easily and and thinly (instruction say thick layer but wouldn’t lay down thick?).

Literally glides over the paint. Needs to cure for 30 minutes (rinseless washed rest or car in mean time).

Says to let sit for 30 mins. Let sit for 40. A tad sticky when removing but no problem at all.

Used Gyeons applicator:

Drove it in the sun and both added gloss. It’s flat white paint so looked pretty similar to me.

Forgot to take hood pics.

So far because of ease of application, cosmic in the lead. Gyeon’s a nice product if you went Sio2 or graphene but wanna wax.

Suppose to rain this week so will post beading pics and updates. Will leave alone till i coat whenever that is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks BudgetPlan1, bob m, acuRAS82, Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gyeon Q2 wax vs Polish Angel Cosmic spritz

Nicely done good pick up on gyeon wax
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Cosmic is great, I find myself using it often, kinda like Frank`s red hot put it on everything. My truck has Kamikaze ISM an occasionally overcoat but yet also Cosmic when I`m bored an want to add little shine to silver. I recently picked up more Cosmic an high-gloss on sale, been wanting to try high gloss.
    Look forward to your results.
    Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Used a full size pump sprayer to lay down some beads.

Pa Cosmic Spritz:

I and you all knew what to expect. Amazing beading.

Holy $#!t are these Q2M Wax beads taller?!

Next i wanted to see which beads rolled off faster. Beading means nothing if they are going to sit their and form water spots.

Sprayed middle and of hood with 4 passes 2 from left to right and 2 right to left.

PA CS:

Gyeon Wax:

Both:

Holy Sheet (see what I did there?)!!

They Gyeon side is sheeting faster.

Overview to date:

Looks like Gyeon may have a winner if i can get 3 months out of it!

Looks were similar but white not the best way to tell. Although both beaded well Gyeon’s beads were taller (to me you can decide from picks) and definitely rolled off faster

Tomorrow we get some rain so hopefully I can more impressions tomorrow. Neighbors at work think i’m weird for watching my car in the rainGyeon Q2 wax vs Polish Angel Cosmic spritzGyeon Q2 wax vs Polish Angel Cosmic spritz

Thanks acuRAS82, Mary B, Desertnate thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yea I think I think gyeon had really unbelievable beads the only bead I’ve seen close to that was synchro beading with fresh skin applications. I already bought the TW graphene wax now I’m going to have to grab this.

Never thought I be buying 2 wax to open up 2021 but your beading shots sold me
    Likes Coatings=crack, Mary B liked this post
    Thanks Coatings=crack thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Any updates to this? Are taller beads better?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Curioso View Post
    Any updates to this? Are taller beads better?
    Ended not going to work today so will post some beading shots tomorrow.

The way i was explained is to think of a round solid ball. Cut it in half where it is thickest and that is the widest point of the ball and that flat side is now in contact with the surface. More surface it touches more tension it will have. Better contact angle.

So first pic will be representing decent beading about half in size and second will be representing better beading. Because less water bead surface is touching paint it will roll off better.

This was how I was explained and made sense to me although I don’t know if this correct.

Also it’s prettier

Thanks Curioso, Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Totally makes sense. Thanks for the breakdown. Look forward to some more photos.

Post Thanks / Like

Gyeon Q2 wax vs Polish Angel Cosmic spritz

Awesome test. Thank you.
    I haven’t been around much but was surprised to see new Gyeon Q2 Wax and sure enough, we already have a review against a forum favorite. Good stuff, love this place and you guys/gals who test and share your experiences.

So how does Q2 Wax apply? Do you roll it onto the applicator like deodorant, or is it a liquid wax that comes out the tube? I was confused reading a description somewhere that said it “rolls on” or something like that.
    Likes William_Wallace liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Awesome test. Thank you.
    I haven’t been around much but was surprised to see new Gyeon Q2 Wax and sure enough, we already have a review against a forum favorite. Good stuff, love this place and you guys/gals who test and share your experiences.

So how does Q2 Wax apply? Do you roll it onto the applicator like deodorant, or is it a liquid wax that comes out the tube? I was confused reading a description somewhere that said it “rolls on” or something like that.
    Good to see you back and the forums missed ya bud! Hope everything is well.

It doesn’t roll on but just comes in a tube and you twist bottom to push up.... kinda like normal deodorant stick.

You just rub your applicator on top and apply like a wax. I did it in cross hatch pattern. Read some where circular works well but creature of habit and all.

Let cure for 30 mins and remove. Not as easy as PA products but real easy for a wax.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Good to see you back and the forums missed ya bud! Hope everything is well.

It doesn’t roll on but just comes in a tube and you twist bottom to push up.... kinda like normal deodorant stick.

You just rub your applicator on top and apply like a wax. I did it in cross hatch pattern. Read some where circular works well but creature of habit and all.

Let cure for 30 mins and remove. Not as easy as PA products but real easy for a wax.
    Thanks! I missed this too although I check in and read on occasion. We’re working on finding a home in a new state, once we get settled I’ll be back to posting more again. In the meantime I’m at least having enough time to keep the cars looking nice enough.

Interesting with the deodorant stick idea. I’ve never seen any wax like that but it sounds as easy or easier as the classic tin.

This stuff looks pretty nice with the fun of wax application... it’s on my wish-list thanks to your bead pics. I’ll be watching to see how long it remains high performing for ya.
    Likes Coatings=crack, Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! I missed this too although I check in and read on occasion. We’re working on finding a home in a new state, once we get settled I’ll be back to posting more again. In the meantime I’m at least having enough time to keep the cars looking nice enough.

Interesting with the deodorant stick idea. I’ve never seen any wax like that but it sounds as easy or easier as the classic tin.

This stuff looks pretty nice with the fun of wax application... it’s on my wish-list thanks to your bead pics. I’ll be watching to see how long it remains high performing for ya.
    Good luck with the move. What state you moving too?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Good luck with the move. What state you moving too?
    Thanks. Massachusetts, Boston area. Buying a home there right now is like being at a blind auction for rare vehicles. How high do you want to bid over estimated value? Doesn’t matter because someone else just bid 10% more than you even considered.
    Likes William_Wallace liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. Massachusetts, Boston area. Buying a home there right now is like being at a blind auction for rare vehicles. How high do you want to bid over estimated value? Doesn’t matter because someone else just bid 10% more than you even considered.
    Yeah i get it.... crazyness

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck sometimes you just have to be in the right place at the right time and you get a good break
    Likes Mary B liked this post
    Thanks acuRAS82 thanked for this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information